Hacking So what exactly do I need?

ssskyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just want to check something before I order my flashcard (prob Supercard DSTWO)... What are all the bits & pieces I will need? The flashcard obviously (duh!) but do they all come with a micro sd or do you have to get one separately? And do they come with the usb stick that you insert the micro sd into... or do you have to get one of those separately? Thanks.

ssskyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like, if I decided to buy a 5 pack of the DSTWO flashcards, would they each come with their own micro sd & usb? So I'd have 5 of everything?
BTW I'm looking on nds-card.com and the single flashcards seem to come with one extra thing that the 5 pack doesn't have. Is a micro sd card something that you can buy just about anywhere and what about the usb sticky thingy for it? Trying to figure all this out and understand exactly what items I need, don't wanna order a flashcard and then find I need to make another order for something else I need! Can anyone lend a hand?

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Like, if I decided to buy a 5 pack of the DSTWO flashcards, would they each come with their own micro sd & usb? So I'd have 5 of everything?
BTW I'm looking on nds-card.com and the single flashcards seem to come with one extra thing that the 5 pack doesn't have. Is a micro sd card something that you can buy just about anywhere and what about the usb sticky thingy for it? Trying to figure all this out and understand exactly what items I need, don't wanna order a flashcard and then find I need to make another order for something else I need! Can anyone lend a hand?

They all come with the Tf/ Micro sd reader as below. but the Micro SD will have to be brought separately unless you buy a bundle.

4750273058_f96ca0f603_m.jpg
5klrop.jpg

Visit http://shoptemp.net/country/Australia/ for shops in Australia

Or worldwide Here

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
If the flashcart you purchase has a USB card reader included it will be listed as so on the website, the same applies for the microSD card.

ssskyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks Rydian, that's just the advice I needed, super-duper-awesome!

And thanks Cartmanuk for the Shoptemp/Aussie link.

ssskyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh! Oh! And are there different types of Micro SD cards? (Don't wanna buy the wrong one) cos I mosied on down to the shops earlier (as you do), went into the local Officeworks store and the only micro sd's were called "moblie" micro sd cards (for mobile phones I assume?), they were SanDisk brand I think and I couldn't see anything about Class-4 written on the packaging... so yeah I just wanna check in with all you peeps in-the-know!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They're all the same format technically, but microSDs for phones tend to be the low-quality ones (since phones aren't demanding, they can stick the cheap ones there). Any MicroSDHC (meaning MicroSD 4GB and above) should work have a class rating, it's usually printed on the MicroSD itself (it's a number inside a circle). Flash carts are more demanding so getting a class-4 or class-6 is usually recommend3ed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.