So this doesn't work with a Wiinja Modchip right?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gus122000, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Gus122000
    OP

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2007
  2. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    I think it only works with YAOSM.
    And the wiinja doesn't use open source software.

You shouldn't depend on me for wii info though, because I know nothing about the wii scene.

3. 1337Nemo

1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2007
    Gambia, The
    its just gamecube homebrew. of course it works with every chip. I tried it with my Wiikey and it worked

4. mr deez

mr deez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2007
    I heard regular use could start to strain your laser though, although thats probably just idle speculation.

5. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    Worked with my old wiinja v1 but i suggest you to not use that program. modchip developers are saying that it kills your laser, but i'm not sure.

6. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    It depends on if your modchip supports dual layer disks if you want to try to play a retail DVD. If your chip does not support DL disks (and I don't know which ones do, although I know yaosm 1.8+ does) you can use this with any modchip on a single layer burnt DVD.

It is true, the dual layer disks will strain your laser. Cheaper and better to get a $30 DVD player rather than have to buy a new laser for your Wii in a few months if you watch a lot of videos on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice