Gaming So, let's talk about the Multiverse in Pokemon

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

I believe that Rainbow Rocket is the decisive proof that Multiverse actually exists (aside from what Zinnia has mentioned in ORAS) and that the leaders composing Rainbow Rocket are actually from different universes.

Thoughts?

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
yep it's all true. too early to know what this means for future games but I expect good things.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why there has to be a multiverse. We already know that remakes retcon the events of the original games, and the remakes are the ones to be considered canon. So, the Pokémon games exist in the same universe.

Last edited by Lacius,

howdenking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotta thank people like MatPat (Game Theory) for that - people made it big, thus it spread.
Until Nintendo comes forth and gives people a definite statement like with Zelda, they won't stop.
(Or like with Zelda's timeline, even tho there is an official timeline, they still bitch around)

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I thought they were all in the same world just different regions
It was, until Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came.

I don't understand why there has to be a multiverse. We already know that remakes retcon the events of the original games, and the remakes are the ones to be considered canon. So, the Pokémon games exist in the same universe.
The remakes were considered canon and not the original ones, until Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came.

Let me quote Zinnia from Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire again,
"My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ... Looks like it's beyond the power of your imagination."
It is canon that there are multiverses in the Pokemon games. I have explained it in the video.

gotta thank people like MatPat (Game Theory) for that - people made it big, thus it spread.
Until Nintendo comes forth and gives people a definite statement like with Zelda, they won't stop.
(Or like with Zelda's timeline, even tho there is an official timeline, they still bitch around)

Well, although Matpat had a video of this, this one is canon, not just a theory.

Last edited by KanterZ,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, why can't all the Pokemon regions just exist as part of the same world? That's how I've always seen it, don't think I'm gonna change my thinking now, because the "multiverse" thing just seems like a plot contrivance to explain away things they included in later games, like Mega Evolution.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
God damn it, why can't all the Pokemon regions just exist as part of the same world? That's how I've always seen it, don't think I'm gonna change my thinking now, because the "multiverse" thing just seems like a plot contrivance to explain away things they included in later games, like Mega Evolution.

Yes, the universe where in XY ORAS and Sun Moon is in is different from the universe of the games without mega evolution since the War 3000 years ago(Kalos War which created the "Mega Evolution") or the Ultimate Weapon(to eliminate life forms) isn't in the universe of the games without mega evolution.

Additionally, Ultra Sun Moon, although have Mega Evolution, is set in an alternate universe as an alternate reality of the setting of Sun Moon.

So yes, Multiverse do exist.
Let me take note of that the Ultra Sun Moon Giovanni has a Mewtwo and is capable of Mega Evolving it, but that is going against the canon of the original games. (RBY/GSC or LGFR/HGSS) since in canon, it was Red who caught Mewtwo in Cerulean cave, so it only means that Ultra Sun Moon Giovanni isn't from the original games. (Plus, mega evolution still didn't exist in the original games, so.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's an analogy for you.
This is just like Round Earth and Flat earth, @HaloEliteLegend
Scientifically and proved, that the Earth is oblate spheroid, but some people just don't take that "fact" but instead believes that the earth is flat.

In this case, Multiverses is canon and you aren't taking it. :(

Reactions: plug313
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the universe where in XY ORAS and Sun Moon is in is different from the universe of the games without mega evolution since the War 3000 years ago(Kalos War which created the "Mega Evolution") or the Ultimate Weapon(to eliminate life forms) isn't in the universe of the games without mega evolution.

Additionally, Ultra Sun Moon, although have Mega Evolution, is set in an alternate universe as an alternate reality of the setting of Sun Moon.

So yes, Multiverse do exist.
Let me take note of that the Ultra Sun Moon Giovanni has a Mewtwo and is capable of Mega Evolving it, but that is going against the canon of the original games. (RBY/GSC or LGFR/HGSS) since in canon, it was Red who caught Mewtwo in Cerulean cave, so it only means that Ultra Sun Moon Giovanni isn't from the original games. (Plus, mega evolution still didn't exist in the original games, so.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's an analogy for you.
This is just like Round Earth and Flat earth, @HaloEliteLegend
Scientifically and proved, that the Earth is oblate spheroid, but some people just don't take that "fact" but instead believes that the earth is flat.

In this case, Multiverses is canon and you aren't taking it. :(
Ugh but see, "multiverses" are just a big plot contrivance to explain away gameplay changes like Mega Evolution or Giovanni having a Mewtwo. I don't like when games or other media go "multiverse" because it's often to just explain away holes in the lore or logical consistency of a franchise. I would've much more preferred they found a way to tie everything across all the games into one cohesive world. For example, they could've had Mega Evolution be explained as a newly-discovered power by archaeologists as your PC is starting his/her journey or something, and then explained its existence in the Hoenn remakes as Mega Evolution powers being shared across the world. "Multiverses" are so unsatisfying for me.

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ugh but see, "multiverses" are just a big plot contrivance to explain away gameplay changes like Mega Evolution or Giovanni having a Mewtwo. I don't like when games or other media go "multiverse" because it's often to just explain away holes in the lore or logical consistency of a franchise. I would've much more preferred they found a way to tie everything across all the games into one cohesive world. For example, they could've had Mega Evolution be explained as a newly-discovered power by archaeologists as your PC is starting his/her journey or something, and then explained its existence in the Hoenn remakes as Mega Evolution powers being shared across the world. "Multiverses" are so unsatisfying for me.

Indeed. It would've been much better but Multiverses is the route they went for.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are debating over how a video game series fits together while there are children starving in Africa.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are debating over how a video game series fits together while there are children starving in Africa.

At least Brock left the series to help out with that.

220px-Brock_Pok%C3%A9mon_food.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol