OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I must say that I much preferred the music in the first version. It might've felt a bit more aggressive, but in the second one it's just a tad bit too mild for my taste. That being said, it's fun to see you working on a game :)
The music is the same in both versions. The thing is, I left my headphone virtualization on when recording the first gameplay vid, also my mixer volume was lower when recording the second video.
If you enjoyed the OST check out this track I made some time ago, I haven't made the boss battle for it yet. https://clyp.it/tu5ogd3f

Reactions: Minox

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The music is the same in both versions. The thing is, I left my headphone virtualization on when recording the first gameplay vid, also my mixer volume was lower when recording the second video.
If you enjoyed the OST check out this track I made some time ago, I haven't made the boss battle for it yet. https://clyp.it/tu5ogd3f
Your choice of music style greatly reminds me of Electronic Super Joy which is a game I absolutely adore for its music so if you just keep making the gameplay lovelier I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite thing about both revisions of your game is that the worlds and enemy sprites genuinely look great compared to the amazingly lacklustre protagonist

Anyway, this is really cool dude. The music sort of reminds me of the good 'ole days of Knight Rider

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hey guys! Just wanna you all a quick update on what's going on with my project.
I'm finally done with my exams, this means I have more time to develop the game. I have already changed a lot of things in the engine, tweaked the character movement, fixed some hitboxes here and there and also added a new weapon + new enemy, with much more to come soon!

E3 is coming soon, and I need to make sure the game looks good and plays well for the open beta! If you want to join the closed beta, send me a PM. Currently Alien John is Windows only, but if you have a mac with an Apple Dev subscription contact me too so I can make a proper OSX port. No new video this week, since the additions are mostly in the second area which I wouldn't like to spoil.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the glorious world of Game Development! Wahaha!
Very nice for your first project. Keep learning! It feels especially great when you get to the point where your creativity isn't limited because you know the ins and outs of everything. That's an awesome feeling, lemme tell you that, the ability to do anything. It's quite satisfying.

Reactions: AlanJohn

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Welcome to the glorious world of Game Development! Wahaha!
Very nice for your first project. Keep learning! It feels especially great when you get to the point where your creativity isn't limited because you know the ins and outs of everything. That's an awesome feeling, lemme tell you that, the ability to do anything. It's quite satisfying.
Thanks for the feedback, Genocide Mario! :lol:

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
After looking back at my videos, I decided that it's time to give a little update on how my game is going, since the previous vids are quite outdated and don't really resemble the game I'm working on now that much :)
Basically I've added a lot more new features to the game, including a 16:9 resolution mode which can easily be toggled to switch back to 4:3 or even 21:9 (take that, AM2R!). That's not the only addition, though. Hopefully, this update video will show you more than I can describe!

EDIT: Audio seems to be out of sync, stupid fucking Shadowplay has this issue with gamemaker games and framerates and such. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by AlanJohn,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I only tied going online to sync trophies