So I went and talked to my Girlfriend...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and we had a short 5 minute chat. The outcome of this conversation only confirmed the worse fear that I have lost so much sleep over. She broke my heart. Not the happiest moment of my life... In fact it is probably the worse moment so far in my life. Rejection will always cut deeper than any knife could ever, no matter how many times it happens, the blade will never dull. Shit, it was at the back of my mind the whole time. I sat in her drive way for 10 minutes contemplating how I would start the conversation. How everything I could say would play out. The one line I had not contemplated out of fear was the final outcome: "I don't think this relationship will work out..." Even when I asked if she could be my friend still, her reply was: "Sorry." This was all justified though. Everything I said to her sounded like a joke. I always thought I was being a great Boyfriend. Making her laugh and feel better was one of my top priorities. She laughed, and she left me in the dark. Never once voicing her displeasure. I am not mad, not sad, only crushed. I feel no emotion right now. I sit here in the dark listening to electronica, thinking how I can be better for the next person that means more than life comes along. Time will never heal such a deep and fine wound, I will never forget, and I can only forgive. Because life goes on, I have my friends, I have the internet, and though they may not seem important to my family, I have video games. Video games can remove me from my sad reality right now. They will continue to be a comfort until I find someone or something to fill the void. I have to write here for posterity, that never once was I joking when I told her I loved her. I can see now she had been considering this for a few days. It wasn't even worth asking for another chance. It's done, I screwed up. Let live and I will learn. I can be better I will be better. I won't let the next person down.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Wish I could empathize, but I don't think I've ever felt a real sense of rejection before
unsure.gif
. At least with something I actually care about - not just sex.

Sorry to hear, though
frown.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AcekardFan said:
I'm Exactly In The Same Situation You're Right Now :/
I am sorry to hear that. No one should ever have to go through what I am going through.
frown.gif

QUOTE(monkat @ Dec 13 2010, 06:50 PM) Wish I could empathize, but I don't think I've ever felt a real sense of rejection before
unsure.gif
. At least with something I actually care about - not just sex.

Sorry to hear, though
frown.gif
This is my first sense of rejection, but I realize the feeling will never dull. It will always feel like this, and I only hope I never make someone feel this way.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
Hey, it happens. Just give it time. There's really not much else to say other than what you've heard before.
True, but like I said, I really don't think time will ever truly heal such wounds. Time doesn't heal, it only makes you forget.

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Dec 13 2010, 06:56 PM) Eh, you get used to it...then you get married.
That's the thing, I won't get used to it... Then I get married. meh.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been there before. Totally know where you're coming from.
Seems you have a pretty good grip on the situation.

EDIT: And about time not 'healing' the wound. That's true to an extent, but you'll eventually come to terms with the break-up and accept it as a lesson of self betterment.
Or, you should. That's the best way to take it. It's pretty rare that a person does a relationship right on their first try, like most anything. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

EDITEDIT: Sheesh, love my internet. Took over a minute for the edit to finish.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Been there before. Totally know where you're coming from.
Seems you have a pretty good grip on the situation.
We'll see if that changes tomorrow. I may have to kick more ass at work than usual.

Harumy

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know girls that are doing that... a lot! Just breaking up with guys that treat them nicelly...
I don't know why, but just forget her... You deserve better... And probably you think "she was perfect",but there are many girls waiting for a nice guy...
Next time, just be yourself ^^

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You guys need to cheer up! Someone who makes you feel bad, is not worth being sad over him/her. You should love someone who makes you feel better about your self, but I'm surprised that you don't even mention family as something important "I have my friends, I have the internet, and though they may not seem important to my family, I have video games".

To find happiness maybe you should reconsider your priority list, atleast this is what I think.

Wish you all the best!
meowthemouse

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not something you'll get over in a week let alone a day. It can take months to really get over it, maybe years if you were going out for a long time. Bottom line is that it was out of your control and you can't beat yourself up about it. Just keep your head high.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harumy said:
I know girls that are doing that... a lot! Just breaking up with guys that treat them nicelly...
I don't know why, but just forget her... You deserve better... And probably you think "she was perfect",but there are many girls waiting for a nice guy...

It's really hard to see that right now. I knew she wasn't perfect, but I always though that a perfect relationship was never perfect. I won't be able to forget her though.

QUOTE(MeowTheMouse @ Dec 13 2010, 07:15 PM) You guys need to cheer up! Someone who makes you feel bad, is not worth being sad over him/her. You should love someone who makes you feel better about your self, but I'm surprised that you don't even mention family as something important "I have my friends, I have the internet, and though they may not seem important to my family, I have video games".

To find happiness maybe you should reconsider your priority list, atleast this is what I think.

Wish you all the best!
meowthemouse
My mother is the only one who really helps me anyway. I do appreciate my grandparents, bet they live a bit away, and I like to talk to them in person. I appreciate the concern, thanks.
smile.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was in that same possition about 2 years ago.

Now.. I´ve learned FIRST I have myself, THEN the others.. specially for girls.

So, you must know this already but:

"Doing your girlfriend your main stream of happiness in your life is suicidal"

So stand up, even when it hurts, enjoy better your videogames, and you´ll notice how life contiues.

Yes the last line "..continues" will hurt, but so what? Try to figure this:

"I, LOVE, MYSELF"

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so why did you break up with her? or did she break up with you? the recouping period is always hard but you will get over her eventually, just do stuff to occupy your mind so you won't think about her.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Argentum Vir said:
Harumy said:
It's really hard to see that right now. I knew she wasn't perfect, but I always though that a perfect relationship was never perfect. I won't be able to forget her though.
I'm someone who's already been through this; 6 months ago to be exact.
It's true that you won't forget her. You will, however, reach a point where you'll think "eh, it would've been nice to still be with her, but whatever".

The first couple weeks will be tough. Try not to look at anything that'll remind you of her (texts, pictures, etc.).
But you will adjust. No matter what, time does heal wounds. Not completely, but it will cover everything up, leaving only a dull scar.

Spending time with friends whether it be chillin' or gaming helps.
I wish you luck!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
so why did you break up with her? or did she break up with you? the recouping period is always hard but you will get over her eventually, just do stuff to occupy your mind so you won't think about her.
She broke up with me. And will do.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, man...That's really terrible...Sorry to hear it went that way.

And it seemed as though you treated her so well (I say it seemed because I obviously don't know you in real life), and she just removes you from her life. I wouldn't doubt that she has another guy on the backburner, whose heart she'll probably break after she gets what she wants from him.

What ever happened to people being happy, or at least having a good relationship.
frown.gif

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
just gonna add my 2 cents...

sure, girls like the nice guys, but what they really want (at least at first) is the the guy thats a dick. Its the way of the world. If you can find someone that likes you for being a nice guy, go with it.

Sorry to hear that it didnt work out, but dude, seriously, video games make EVERYTHING better
smile.gif

Keep your mind occupied with other things; family, video games, etc, and soon enough, you will start to care less and less about her and what happened. Dont try to seclude yourself, and if you dont want to talk about it to anyone, then either dont, or continue what you are doing now, the internet through anonymity.

This is just what I think, you dont need to take any advice or even read into this if you dont want.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Wow, man...That's really terrible...Sorry to hear it went that way.

And it seemed as though you treated her so well (I say it seemed because I obviously don't know you in real life), and she just removes you from her life. I wouldn't doubt that she has another guy on the backburner, whose heart she'll probably break after she gets what she wants from him.

What ever happened to people being happy, or at least having a good relationship.
frown.gif

I did treat her well. I thought she was happy, or at least content. I should have known though, she has been in several relationships before, I guess I wasn't really thinking as clear as I should have been. I definitely won't be dating anymore High Scoolers though.

QUOTE(overlord00 @ Dec 13 2010, 08:20 PM) just gonna add my 2 cents...

sure, girls like the nice guys, but what they really want (at least at first) is the the guy thats a dick. Its the way of the world. If you can find someone that likes you for being a nice guy, go with it.

Sorry to hear that it didnt work out, but dude, seriously, video games make EVERYTHING better
smile.gif

Keep your mind occupied with other things; family, video games, etc, and soon enough, you will start to care less and less about her and what happened. Dont try to seclude yourself, and if you dont want to talk about it to anyone, then either dont, or continue what you are doing now, the internet through anonymity.

This is just what I think, you dont need to take any advice or even read into this if you dont want.

I always read every post in my blogs, and I really appreciate your advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto