Gaming So I have some questions about the wii u

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first off I know very little about it... After that being said I have a few questions

1. What are some good games? Even pre orders that aren't out yet?
Now I have seen certain gameplay of some games like black ops 2 I just can't see my self playing call of duty on a wii u so if possible don't suggest games like that no offense but call of duty is for Xbox and playstation...

2. I'm sure this question was answered 100 times now I know currently the wii u can't play home brew and such but do you think it's possible in the future?

3. Is the wii u deluxe bundle worth it?

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
1- ZombiU maybe? I don't really like fps games really, and I don't think anything besides CoD is coming out.

2- Yes you can, and even on the tablet it self, but running through the wii menu.

3- There are only deluxe editions available, for me it was easily worth it as I already made more money than I lost with the 10% deal. Plus, the wind waker edition is just awesome.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Games I could recommend would be New Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U if you are into the previous entries, Pikmin 3, Zombi U and Rayman Legends. If you haven't played them before Batman - Arkham City, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Mass Effect 3 are pretty good ports. On eShop you could try Mutant Mudds, Duck Tales Remastered as well as a few Virtual Console titles like Earthbound.

2. Maybe one day but not today.

3. It's a fairly good package, although you could pick up a Wind Waker bundle and Classic Controller Pro probably cheaper than the deluxe package

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Reguarding #1, There isnt that many games for it right now and alot of them are superior versions of games that you may of already played.

- Zombiu is a must have. fantastic survival horror and great use of the gamepad. Its scary tho so if you arnt into that then dont buy it, but its a great game otherwise.
- Monster hunter 3U. The best game in the series and fantastic fun online with others.
- Batman: Arkham city. Has all of the DLC that was released for the original game packed in which gives it a crazy high replayability factor.

There are a few other ports such as Assassins creed / Deus ex / Mass effect. If you havent played them already then thats an option open to you.

One thing i have to say that you dont buy is the new Need for speed: Most wanted. Its an awful game and iv actually took the liberty of digging out a review i posted about the game shortly after buying it:
This is just a rant coz i truthfully need to get this out after really looking forward to playing it and i know im months too late but anyways i need to express how bad some things in this game are.

The handling is AWFUL. What is the style of this? Arcade or realistic? it feels like neither. Iv played and own several arcade and realistic driving games such as GT, NFS and Burnout and even ridge racer and this feels like none of those, its like a cross between GT and ridge racer but in the worst sense. The game doesnt even give you any real option to change the sensitivity of the handling, something the namesake original, actually did. (even tho it handled perfectly)

The city is beautiful and it feels like a nice big open city to explore.... for about 5mins, then you realise there is literally nothing of interest anywhere. The jumps feel boring and even when you crash, the game doesnt give you a good view of it. You cant even enjoy the carnage. When the camara eventually does catch up, the crash animation is over and the game resumes.

No customization of cars outside about 4-5 stock paint sets. Yep. NOTHING. Remember all that fun you had in the original, buying a car and taking it to the garage and spending 30mins putting flames and rims and all sorts of cool stuff on your car? Gone, all of it.

Freezes and crashes all the time, iv had the game for 3hours at the time of posting this and its crashed 3 times that required me to actually go to my wii u and do a "hold button reset" because the gamepad died. I have the latest patch/update for both the game and the console and it still crashes.

No story, no progress in the game due to everything pretty much being unlocked from the start. You get almost all the cars unlocked from the start, you get to do racers to unlock nitros and tune ups for your car (that make no difference whatsoever) but there is literally no point since all the races can be completed with the stock gear.

Multiplayer is the only good thing about this game but thats IF you can find other people playing (which is rare) so there really is no reason to buy this game.

Single player - The original most wanted was much better
Multiplayer - Burnout paradise does everything they try to do here but MUCH better.

#2 i think the wii-u will get hacked eventually, It doesnt seem that stable of a console and there already ways to enable the hack in wii mode, its a matter of time before they work it out for the wii-u mode. So yeah i think it will get hacked in the future.

#3 Yes.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As for question 1, the Wii U games I am currently interested in are New Super Mario/Luigi U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and Zelda: Wind Waker HD. The last 2 are not out yet. Oh and Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 also looked very interesting in the E3 Nintendo Direct, but I have no idea when they are coming out.
But I don't have a Wii U, don't have the money this year and are not all that interested in buying one (although a little bit more then XBone and PS4). So I am not sure if I am overlooking some niche titles.
Question 2 should be answered sufficiently.
And 3, in my oppinion if you want to buy a Wii U, you should get the Deluxe package or some similar game bundle. The Basic version has much too small system flash memory in my oppionion, even the Deluxe version could use some more. As about 5GB or so are for the system OS/firmware if I remember correctly.

Iluyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been asking this myself too recently i came to the following conclussions :

Good games depend on personal taste, i'm not into Mario for example, however Assassins Creed 3/4 Are good games, however i rather have/get them on my 360.
You get the Wii U for exclusives. Currently thats Wind Waker HD.
In the future for me that will be :
-Smash Bross Wii U (With Megaman :D)
-Mario Kart 8
-Zelda Wii U (Not officialy confirmed yet)

2. I'm sure this question was answered 100 times now I know currently the wii u can't play home brew and such but do you think it's possible in the future?I dont know but there is a good chanche of that.

3. Is the wii u deluxe bundle worth it?Yes i think it is, 8 GB storage is not much, Although in both cases easly expandable.
In the Deluxe version you get the Nintendo Land game, which is a highly recommended game actually on this site. Along with 2 year Nintendo premium subscription (10% discounts on future E-Shop orders)
Especially the Wind Waker Set is nice, and since its limited, if you really like it it may be nice to grab one up now.
The only downside on the WW set is that the WW game comes as download and not in disc, and that will cost you about 6 GB of your 32.

Iluyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been asking this myself too recently i came to the following conclussions :

Good games depend on personal taste, i'm not into Mario for example, however Assassins Creed 3/4 Are good games, however i rather have/get them on my 360.
You get the Wii U for exclusives. Currently thats Wind Waker HD.
In the future for me that will be :
-Smash Bross Wii U (With Megaman :D)
-Mario Kart 8
-Zelda Wii U (Not officialy confirmed yet)

2. I'm sure this question was answered 100 times now I know currently the wii u can't play home brew and such but do you think it's possible in the future?I dont know but there is a good chanche of that.

3. Is the wii u deluxe bundle worth it?Yes i think it is, 8 GB storage is not much, Although in both cases easly expandable.
In the Deluxe version you get the Nintendo Land game, which is a highly recommended game actually on this site. Along with 2 year Nintendo premium subscription (10% discounts on future E-Shop orders)
Especially the Wind Waker Set is nice, and since its limited, if you really like it it may be nice to grab one up now.
The only downside on the WW set is that the WW game comes as download and not in disc, and that will cost you about 6 GB of your 32.

Edit : Im sorry i seem to have double posted by accident, Please feel free to remove one of my double posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...