Homebrew Question So how's emulation on Switch coming along and what's our best options right now?

giogio5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I haven't heard much talk about emulation aside from Retroarch and Lakka, personally I haven't tried Lakka yet (I think they are different things I honestly don't know at this point) but I have played a tiny bit of Retroarch, mainly the SNES emulation. Usually a constant 50 FPS in handheld which bugs me seeing as I can tell something is just a bit slower then usual. Going to try some N64 roms soon however all I've heard of N64, PSX and beyond doesn't really sound all that great. What consoles can we even emulate without much issue right now? And is there anyway to improve our emulation or anything of the sort?

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't heard much talk about emulation aside from Retroarch and Lakka, personally I haven't tried Lakka yet (I think they are different things I honestly don't know at this point) but I have played a tiny bit of Retroarch, mainly the SNES emulation. Usually a constant 50 FPS in handheld which bugs me seeing as I can tell something is just a bit slower then usual. Going to try some N64 roms soon however all I've heard of N64, PSX and beyond doesn't really sound all that great. What consoles can we even emulate without much issue right now? And is there anyway to improve our emulation or anything of the sort?
Overclocking is coming soon to RetroArch. Soon, N64 and PSX games will be playing at normal speed. Follow Jason L (aka Mr Homebrew) on YouTube for more info.

giogio5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Stop using PAL roms?

Well that explains it. I thought the FPS differences between roms only applied to systems and not to the emulators. I assume the FPS thing also happens for N64 roms has well naturally. Well fuck.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well that explains it. I thought the FPS differences between roms only applied to systems and not to the emulators. I assume the FPS thing also happens for N64 roms has well naturally. Well fuck.
N64 games are weird.
Majoras for example is a 20fps title with "normal" dips down to 18fps (16-18 on PAL)
Rule of thumb for n64 games is: Good audio == fullspeed

Reactions: JonJaded

giogio5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well it's a shame seeing as I'll have to get rid of all my PAL ROMs which is like basically all of the roms I have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...