Hacking So, has AK2i's work on the 3DS been discontinued?

ExStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been upset since like last year ever since AK2i stopped giving updates for the 3DS. Is it ever going to be continued? Or should I just go ahead and blow my money on a Supercard DSTwo?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, iirc the Ak2i doesnt have enough memory left to run after the update that blocked it.
(That might not be correct) The actual AK2i hardware cant support it however.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
what about DS2 in the future ?
does it have the same idea to update ?
or it just replace the old block with new one ?

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an Acekard 2i sitting inside my DS Lite. I just bought a used 3DS XL and I was excited to see that the firmware was Version 4.2.0-9U because the Acekard 2i will work with firmware up to Version 4.3. After flashing the card to support the 3DS XL, it runs games perfectly. The other cool thing is that the firmware is old enough so if and when the Gateway 3DS is released I can take advantage of that as well. I have quite a few customers on eBay looking for an Acekard 2i, so if you want I can put you into contact with them if you would like some money to put towards a SuperCard DSTWO because that looks like the only DS flashcard with 3DS support that will continue to be supported. Not only that, it can also emulate GBA games as well.

Leoheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the 3DS update to the newest firmware when a new game is inserted? I might hold off on my new 3ds games since it will kill my Ak2i apparently. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work