so confused about...everything...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by NiGHtS, Jul 2, 2008.

1. NiGHtS
    OP

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2007
    less than a year ago I sold my PSP, but before I did I had all the awesome on it. 3.52 M33(outdated now though lol), 4GB memory stick, homebrew etc.

Today I find myself once again with a PSP in my possesion. The only problem now though is that the homebrew scene is HUUUGE!

The PSP that my friend sold me(for £10 lol what a fool) is 3.51 in firmware. How the hell would I get this down to 1.5. Does the good ole lumines trick still do it or will I have to use pandora's battery?

2. Shyn

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    Unfortunately, you can only go the route of Pandora now. 3.51 isn't downgradable, only 3.50. I would also recommend not staying at 1.5, as the latest custom firmwares are very nice now.

3. NiGHtS
    OP

Jul 9, 2007
    but looking through google there are so many Pandora's battery's! I really want to buy one for my PSP Phat which comes with a 4gb memory stick loaded with cfw already...

4. Shyn

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    It's really not hard to make your own magic memory stick, it takes literally a few minutes. You will get ripped off, price wise, if you buy a premade one. As for Pandora's battery, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472 but the shipping is slow.

5. NiGHtS
    OP

Jul 9, 2007
    hmmm....well I found a cool tutorial to make a memory stick urrm magical and also a pandora battery on amazon. £30 altogether, not bad [​IMG] but I can use the 4gb memory stick for isos etc. after it's magical or do i have to format it?

6. Shyn

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    After you're done, reformat it using the PSP to return it to normal. Use ediblebird's guide stickied at the top of this forum, I think its easiest. PSPGrader or TotalNewbinstaller make it very convenient to create a magic memory stick.

7. NiGHtS
    OP

Jul 9, 2007
    I bought the datel max power tool battery! It did look good and all and I read it's got a extra TOOL feature woo