Hacking So about getting banned...

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
First off, you trying to be rude just made you look stupid. Secondly, I am already aware of that sticky, but, considering your not smart enough to read into what I was saying and just trying to be an ass, that thread is just an gaggle fuck of too many variables and way to much information to sort through as every swinging dick reports all the information required or the different circumstances they remember going through. Ultimately, that thread could be flawed as people misreport or forget to report certain relevant information. What I was suggesting was merely a different, maybe even simpler, way of reaching the same goal as there is nothing wrong with having two related sources of information, especially, if one is coming from a controlled group while the other is just wildly filled with randomly submitted information.

This place has really gone downhill in terms of the quality of it's members. Here I am just trying to do my part in helping out the the whole community and all I get is some random trolling jackass whose first thought was to try and correct me because he/she feels somehow their ignorant responses promote their superiority on this forumn.
Wow. You could also just have said "Whoops, my bad!". Egg on your face, huh?

Last edited by ByteBite,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you trying to be rude just made you look stupid. Secondly, I am already aware of that sticky, but, considering your not smart enough to read into what I was saying and just trying to be an ass, that thread is just an gaggle fuck of too many variables and way to much information to sort through as every swinging dick reports all the information required or the different circumstances they remember going through. Ultimately, that thread could be flawed as people misreport or forget to report certain relevant information. What I was suggesting was merely a different, maybe even simpler, way of reaching the same goal as there is nothing wrong with having two related sources of information, especially, if one is coming from a controlled group while the other is just wildly filled with randomly submitted information.

This place has really gone downhill in terms of the quality of it's members. Here I am just trying to do my part in helping out the the whole community and all I get is some random trolling jackass whose first thought was to try and correct me because he/she feels somehow their ignorant responses promote their superiority on this forumn.
Not sure how you got all that from one link, a sentence, and a crying emote but you do you.
  • If you took the time to actually sift through the data, you can make plenty of conclusions already without your method. There are some things in particular that require more testing such as updating in OFW, whether using the new GDPR regulations are useful, or if AutoRCM is detectable. Whether certain homebrew lead to higher ban risks than others could be worth testing, but there are dozens of homebrew to test with.
  • If you make another ban thread, people will link mine. This is a fact. Having multiple threads that serve the same or similar enough purposes not only confuse people, but disjoint the data. Ideally, people would prefer to have everything in one place rather than in multiple places. But if you can make a strong enough case for your thread, see if people will agree to your suggestion.
  • Not sure why this can't be done in mine. I already have several people who have asked what specific actions can lead to bans or not and are testing them out. Yes, you probably will have to go through more data than a project like yours but some people might prefer to have them all in one place rather than jump between 2 threads to compare stuff.
  • I can't speak for others but presenting yourself hostile like that will not help you in the long run. It is quite ironic that you look down upon other members while using that type of attitude. Also, I don't think many people would say that my thread is useless or not helpful in the slightest.

Saviouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not in any particularly useful way.

By hacking the system you are making it perform in odd ways and leaving traces of that.
Nintendo detects this by means we don't at present know.
The system then sends its unique number to the Nintendo servers and they say OK that unique number is banned.

A VPN just means they don't know your home IP. No difference as far as it sending the unique number nor them detecting the mod in the first place.

There are a handful of things it might sort of help with, I certainly would not be surprised to see someone banned when using a VPN, would not suggest it as part of a counter banning setup and generally don't see the point outside of things like you describe where it helps if your ISP are being a bunch of idiots.

The reason you can dodge a ban on forums or something is because they use said home IP and block connections from that. A VPN then makes it look like you are connecting from another location and thus not the home IP they have banned.
Thank you for the thorough answer. I'm gonna have to try and stay in air plane mode until a better solution is available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld