Hacking So about getting banned...

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its a possibility emulation alone can get a ban, but as of yet this is the first mention I've seen of it, so I wouldn't buy into it too much. People have been using hekate/atmosphere to run homebrew for the last numerous months unaffected. Possibly the people that have run homebrew have installed sx os without being offline? Possibly trolls working for nintendo? Sciresm pretty much had an entire pamphlet dedicated as to how nintendo can detect uncertified backups connecting online, and well running layeredFS is no less surprising that you will receive a ban. Homebrew emulation however doesn't make sense to me though, because they are preventing you from buying off the eshop for playing games that they are making zero money from at any rate. We also don't as of yet even know if they can detect it. If they were going to crap on atmosphere they would have done so right at the start, the same they've done with piracy and layeredfs. When I see 7-10 people on a forum all posting about it, Ill believe it.

Last edited by Jackson98,
Reactions: nWo and tyler004

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a possibility emulation alone can get a ban, but as of yet this is the first mention I've seen of it, so I wouldn't buy into it too much. People have been using hekate/atmosphere to run homebrew for the last numerous months unaffected. Possibly the people that have run homebrew have installed sx os without being offline? Possibly trolls working for nintendo? Sciresm pretty much had an entire pamphlet dedicated as to how nintendo can detect uncertified backups connecting online, and well running layeredFS is no less surprising that you will receive a ban. Homebrew emulation however doesn't make sense to me though, because they are preventing you from buying off the eshop for playing games that they are making zero money from at any rate. We also don't as of yet even know if they can detect it. If they were going to crap on atmosphere they would have done so right at the start, the same they've done with piracy and layeredfs. When I see 7-10 people on a forum all posting about it, Ill believe it.

There's a post collecting all maners of bans and apparently only a few got banned for Homebrew only. It's not as massive as the LayeredFS ones but imo enough to look into to try and see why they got banned.

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I been reading the banned forum and there's only a few ppl who just ran homebrew and haven't seen them ban yet so whichs one r u referring to

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm already registered to that forum u can see my build in the comments and so far everyone has had some form of sx os or layeredfs running so I'm doing a test myself and have for about 3 weeks now no ban

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm already registered to that forum u can see my build in the comments and so far everyone has had some form of sx os or layeredfs running so I'm doing a test myself and have for about 3 weeks now no ban

Ah no clue. Haven't really read thru the comments. Only really been paying attention to the first post to see who gets banned for what and to compare the numbers to try and find a correlation.

Screenshot_20180625-073159.png

Out of the 3 only 1 ever connected to the internet apparently (the other's info is unknown according to the spreadsheet). It also goes without saying that they didn't touch sx or LF (again according to the spread sheet).

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vast majority of regular homebrewers haven't been banned. You can confirm this by checking with ReSwitched or other more savory parts of the internet where piracy isn't of interest.

All but 3? people banned were using SX OS or LFS, with mismatching headers, pirated game updates, and so on.

Reactions: horokeusama

GioXmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Quick question, just got my switch and my games are coming in next week. I am only interested in transferring my CEMU/Wii U BOTW save file, how likely that it gets me banned? (Will turn of error reports, delete network details while using homebrew, clean logs, and delete homebrew files after doing so)

What I will be doing:
gbatemp. net/threads/save-game-backup-restore-on-5-02-botw-wiiu-conversion.504200/#post-7993526
gbatemp. net/threads/tutorial-how-to-transfer-wiiu-botw-savegame-to-your-switch.503176/

Will have to use "CheckPoint", Homebrew Menu, NXloader, hekate-ipl-50x.

After transfering the save I DO plan on using online features in OFW with a clean switch.

P.S: Yes this is a repost :/ I just want more opinions, that is all, I know that the trigger is not known yet.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I was banned for using gba emulqtors,no backup loading
Isn't using emulators technically backup loading anyway? And we already know Nintendo doesn't condone using unlicenced emulators, even if you've bought the game.
Nintendo said:
Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banning people for homebrew is stupid.
esp when people have auto reporting turned off.

these people need to get a class action against nintendo for privacy invasion because they're not supposed to collect information that people don't want to send to them. and also homebrew isn't illegal.

anyone who wants to say eula lets them, go to school. eula mean shit just like how nintendo warranty that says it;s void if you use a screen protector means shit. companies can write that they own your life in their EULA or TOS but it means squat

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
just erase it just incase if ur not sure I got an error on e-shop from news feed for trying to access my Europe account with my na account then I cleared it last night and they haven`t ban me for it yet so
You don't need SX OS or homebrew to do that though.
And a completely blank error log would be suspicious too.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea u would need cfw to get rid of the logs so wats ur question it either u get ban for sending a error or you'll get ban for clear logs oh well looks like u shouldn't hack if ur worried lol

Last edited by tyler004,

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to report I have recklessly for the past few weeks been playing Paladins, Mario Kart 8, Fortntie etc online with no issues, in CFW/Hetake. Mainly because I was too lazy to swap back to OFW to play it - until recently I heard about all these bans. I've started only playing in OFW online since.

Still not banned after almost a month?

Reactions: tyler004

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently investigating other reasons those users in particular were banned. Potentially they may have suffered from crashes that generated error reports which were sent to Nintendo. I'm also guilty of not asking which homebrews in particular were run for the accused so I take the blame.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm still not banned...hekate, no sx, no layeredFS, only homebrews (pFBA, snes, ftp, nx shell).. Turned "send reports" off since i got my switch. If those few ppl who got banned only for homebrews are really didnt use anything except homebrews, im assuming it's 99% error logs or 1% nintendo somehow detects either you are in cfw or not (RCM mode even, but i highly doubt it).

korko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still not banned...hekate, no sx, no layeredFS, only homebrews (pFBA, snes, ftp, nx shell).. Turned "send reports" off since i got my switch. If those few ppl who got banned only for homebrews are really didnt use anything except homebrews, im assuming it's 99% error logs or 1% nintendo somehow detects either you are in cfw or not (RCM mode even, but i highly doubt it).

Which error log though? This is the bit that's confusing me, I keep hearing about there potentially being some other super secret log tucked away somewhere. Surely if we're at the point where we can run homebrew we'd already know about this? Why hasn't someone come across it?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Which error log though? This is the bit that's confusing me, I keep hearing about there potentially being some other super secret log tucked away somewhere. Surely if we're at the point where we can run homebrew we'd already know about this? Why hasn't someone come across it?
i have no idea either. Think at this point we need a spy to apply for nintendo to get the info on how the f do they know what we do with our consoles. Maybe this "send reports' thing in the settings actually means something and ppl who got banned for homebrews didn't turn it off at some point? cause i got some crashes too while in cfw but no bannana yet

Last edited by bad361,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY