Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason I asked him was because he seemed to think kernal is more than enough for most things and asked why we wanted iosu in another thread.

I know it wouldn't be permanent without IOSU, just wanted his opinion.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In a nutshell, everything related to modifying something in the Home Menu (installing titles, changing icons, colours, themes, etc) storage and internet access is handled by IOSU.
At least that's how I see it. :P

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mwaaahaaaa Mwaahaaaahaa!
This site is a JOKE! suppressing free speech, banning peoples, and redacting info.
Just as bad as the US government, no different really....

For your info there probably was never a kernel exploit!
Don't believe it till you see it. You all are being brainwashed!
i honestly wonder why youre not banned yet. almost all of your posts are stupid trolls and just general bullshit. you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about...

Reactions: 8BitWonder

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if themes are possible on WiiU? a night theme would be dope.
This would be awesome!!
Theoretically? When using loadiine logger and Smash mode, it logs the libraries loaded for the Wii U Menu when you exit to it, and they pipe most stuff like icons through the normal coreinit FS functions so if you could detect the ID that way, you could overwrite the Wii U Menu binary with your own or just add some patches, but that'd still require a bunch of reverse engineering. It'll get there eventually™ but as of now it's still way too complicated
I also don't know if you can also overwrite the HOME menu, that'd probably be even trickier

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Theoretically? When using loadiine logger and Smash mode, it logs the libraries loaded for the Wii U Menu when you exit to it, and they pipe most stuff like icons through the normal coreinit FS functions so if you could detect the ID that way, you could overwrite the Wii U Menu binary with your own or just add some patches, but that'd still require a bunch of reverse engineering. It'll get there eventually™ but as of now it's still way too complicated
I also don't know if you can also overwrite the HOME menu, that'd probably be even trickier
All in time, let's just hope something awesome gets released this weekend. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Donzi

Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
Do you actually know if something is being released this weekend? First hand source or just rumours you heard?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you actually know if something is being released this weekend? First hand source or just rumours you heard?
Something is maybe™ being released by the end of this weekend and I know this cause @MrRean and I have been waiting to try to convince MN1 it's time finally after Nintendo fucked up revealing no NX@E3 and only Zelda

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Something is maybe™ being released by the end of this weekend and I know this cause @MrRean and I have been waiting to try to convince MN1 it's time finally after Nintendo fucked up revealing no NX@E3 and only Zelda
No NX = Let's fuck up Nintendo.
I like that thinking :lol:

Donzi

Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
In NWP we trust, the sanity of all 5.5.x hackers rests with you and Rean. no pressure :D

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure I said this to you, ...did I inadvertently make something maybe possibly happen? if so, thats fricken awesome

EDIT, yup I did

'since NX is pushed to march 2017 and the wii's last system update was 2 years before wii u came out think you could ask MN1 nicely to release the exploit into the wild please?. Pretty sure its safe now. Nintendo project sales to be <800,000 units in the coming year, zelda wii u will be the ONLY game at E3, its dead to them.'

Last edited by davetheshrew,

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
you could detect the ID that way, you could overwrite the Wii U Menu binary with your own or just add some patches, but that'd still require a bunch of reverse engineering.
I haven't looked into it yet, but I doubt that we need this. Most likely it is never unloaded from memory. It even has it's own predefined 0x08000000-length ram space. Currently loadiine uses free area of homemenu memory to store game rpx/rpl. Most likely we can just patch ram with some homebrew and it never gets unloaded from memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.