Homebrew Snickerstream - Unified NTR and HzMod streaming client for the 3DS

williamsona10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I having issues where I patch and i did everything but still having issues in ultra sun moon and mega ruby where they just want work on ntr with snickerstream

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, I didn't want to do this because I'm usually a calm person but you very clear didn't take the hint, so I'll explain to you in detail. I'll start with a quick recap of your posts on GBATemp:

1. You want some help with Snickerstream so you post here. So far so good, I'm not blaming you or anyone for that as things can go wrong. Still, you post a video (which doesn't load, but I'm going to ignore that now) but no log. Because a log is fundamental for troubleshooting as it can pinpoint the causes of the issue unlike a video that only shows the symptoms, I kindly ask you to post one.
  2. You seem confused at first but you manage to find loglevel and set it to 3. Still, you don't post the log and say that you still get freezes, even if I clearly asked you to post it before. At this point I ask again, also giving you advice on a possible workaround.
  3. You completely ignore both. Not only there's still no log to be seen anywhere but you don't say anything about trying to enable the debugger. All your post says is that it's a problem with your system.
  4. Sometime later (aka now) you again come back with another post. All you do is upload a video with a lot of assumptions on what works and doesn't (eding by literally saying "whatever is causing the freezes it has to be Snickerstream, but then again it probably isn't"). This means that more than twelve days have passed since I've asked to post a log and all you've done is to ignore both my requests and advices.
And all this is completely ignoring this GitHub issue which seems to be linked to you in which I've already told to post logs (and so it would have been a whopping half a month without any logs) but considering you've never confirmed it was you, I'm not going to make assumptions like you did in your video and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

A log is extremely important not just for me but also others in this thread to understand what's going on between your PC and console. No one has psychic powers here, without it no one is able to know what's happening. A video is simply not going to help in this situation and that's why in the very first post here I've said that a log is a requirement for troubleshooting. So don't come saying to me "you could've helped instead of making this post". I literally can't because you chose to ignore my hints, tips and most importantly polite requests, making your own assumptions in the process - repeatedly.

So you see, this is why I'm not going to help you from now on. It might sound asshole-ish out of context but if you consider your own specific case and also look back at the others who have asked here then it's evident why it's not. More than once I've helped people with both basic and hard to pinpoint issues. Just look at @GerbilSwimmingPool 's case, for example: he had a very rare issue (in fact, literally the only reported one) of NTR completely crashing the whole 3DS when trying to stream Pokémon UsUm. He followed everything I've told him to do and gave me all I needed to help asap. Merely moments later his stream was up and running exactly the way he wanted it to be.

In the end I don't want to speak for the others but given your actions I doubt anyone will be willing to help, both because they can't and maybe because they don't want to. You might have better results elsewhere but I doubt it if you're going to act in the same way. Good luck.

Last edited by RattletraPM,

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RattletraPM. Hey man, I always wanted to ask you back in the freeShop news thread. Is your avatar some sort of Eevee?
Yes, specifically it's vaporweevee!
It was made by unusacies on Tumblr, but sometime ago the OP was deleted (I was only able to find that reblog)... I also wanted to credit the original author and all in my sig but, well, I've never bothered to complete my sig or even decide on a proper design for it :ohnoes:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, specifically it's vaporweevee!
It was made by unusacies on Tumblr, but sometime ago the OP was deleted (I was only able to find that reblog)... I also wanted to credit the original author and all in my sig but, well, I've never bothered to complete my sig or even decide on a proper design for it :ohnoes:
That Pokemon extrudes loads of cool. I was thinking about looking for it if it was in a Pokemon rom hack.

Nintendo, if you're reading this, make a DLC styled after this in your upcoming "Let's Go, Eevee!" game.

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That Pokemon extrudes loads of cool. I was thinking about looking for it if it was in a Pokemon rom hack.

Nintendo, if you're reading this, make a DLC styled after this in your upcoming "Let's Go, Eevee!" game.
That DLC should be called "Let's go running in the nineties, Eevee!"
This is now a Vaporweeve thread :ninja:

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

iProRussian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to this so please bear with me on this. I have recently gotten my DS to be able to stream games, and I have tried to connect my DS to snickerstream and for some reason I keep losing connection and it will not work. I will try to provide as much information as possible to make your lives easier in trying to assist me.

When I connect my DS to Snickerstream, I get about 1-4 fps and the connection is lost.
I have tried running as administrator, no luck. No firewall issues as I have allowed it to pass through.
I have tried adjusting the QoS, the Priority, and Image quality, no luck.
Port is set at 8001.
I have tried even getting a WiFi extender and placing it directly in my room to try and make it work better.. But still no avail.
I have tried running the Rosalina Debugger.

Computer specs are Intel i5-7600K CPU @3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 64 Bit operating system running Windows 10 Pro.
Computer is hard wired, running about 120 Mbps download, and 12 Mbps upload.
Router is a NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000
I live in an apartment complex (I know sometimes interference can happen, maybe an issue, maybe not).

I will attach a log3 file so someone might be able to assist.

Thank you.

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.5 MB · Views: 175

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to this so please bear with me on this. I have recently gotten my DS to be able to stream games, and I have tried to connect my DS to snickerstream and for some reason I keep losing connection and it will not work. I will try to provide as much information as possible to make your lives easier in trying to assist me.

When I connect my DS to Snickerstream, I get about 1-4 fps and the connection is lost.
I have tried running as administrator, no luck. No firewall issues as I have allowed it to pass through.
I have tried adjusting the QoS, the Priority, and Image quality, no luck.
Port is set at 8001.
I have tried even getting a WiFi extender and placing it directly in my room to try and make it work better.. But still no avail.
I have tried running the Rosalina Debugger.

Computer specs are Intel i5-7600K CPU @3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 64 Bit operating system running Windows 10 Pro.
Computer is hard wired, running about 120 Mbps download, and 12 Mbps upload.
Router is a NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000
I live in an apartment complex (I know sometimes interference can happen, maybe an issue, maybe not).

I will attach a log3 file so someone might be able to assist.

Thank you.
Wi-Fi interference is sadly a very real issue here. I also live in an apartment complex and there are something like 14 access points spread all around the 2.4 GHz spectrum, meaning that there's at least one AP per channel so no matter what I do there's always some interference... :glare:
Still, even with that you should be able to get some decent framerate, so the issue must be somewhere else.

First of all, I've just noticed that I forgot to make Snickerstream log the frame limiter's value if it's been activated. Double check that it's set to 0 in the advanced settings. It shouldn't be active by default but it's better to double check.

Secondly, you can set Snickerstream to not return to the connection window if the connection gets cut for a while by setting "Return after shutdown" to 0. That one's also in the advanced settings. Again, it won't fix the issue but it will help if you have an unstable connection.

Once all that is said and done, remember to disable logging or set loglevel to 1 or 2 when you're streaming! Loglevel 3 is very useful for debugging but it will log just about everything, meaning it can make your streaming performance worse due to the amount of data it logs, especially if you've got a slow hard drive.

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
upload_2018-9-26_19-44-28.png

I keep getting this error message, I disabled everything, Windows Defender, Smartscreen and Firewall
the new3DS flashes pink and blue before getting this error

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

iProRussian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wi-Fi interference is sadly a very real issue here. I also live in an apartment complex and there are something like 14 access points spread all around the 2.4 GHz spectrum, meaning that there's at least one AP per channel so no matter what I do there's always some interference... :glare:
Still, even with that you should be able to get some decent framerate, so the issue must be somewhere else.

First of all, I've just noticed that I forgot to make Snickerstream log the frame limiter's value if it's been activated. Double check that it's set to 0 in the advanced settings. It shouldn't be active by default but it's better to double check.

Secondly, you can set Snickerstream to not return to the connection window if the connection gets cut for a while by setting "Return after shutdown" to 0. That one's also in the advanced settings. Again, it won't fix the issue but it will help if you have an unstable connection.

Once all that is said and done, remember to disable logging or set loglevel to 1 or 2 when you're streaming! Loglevel 3 is very useful for debugging but it will log just about everything, meaning it can make your streaming performance worse due to the amount of data it logs, especially if you've got a slow hard drive.

What would you recommend trying to do? I have even tried setting my routers channels to either 1, 6, or 11, and sadly still nothing. It lags and drops frames too bad to even try to stream anything, so I haven't been able to even test that portion yet. The frame limiter value is set at 0, and I have tried the "return after shutdown" to 0 as well, but it just runs with 0 fps. Kinda frustrating lol.

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, I'm replying to both here because it seems that in your cases it's a problem related to external factors. If that's the case I can try to give you pointers and advice but in the end it'll be up to you to fix up the issue, there's not much Snickerstream itself can do.

I tried before with kit-kat, and I tried again now
the 3DS screen flashes pink, blue and red, but it doesn't work
View attachment 144724
If I'm correct, you've said you've disabled Windows Firewall. Don't do that, not only it's an extreme approach that will potentially leave you unprotected from external threats but there have been reports of it not being fully disabled or "rearming" itself at random because Windows 10 is great™. Instead, take the time to properly allow Snickerstream through it. Double check your router too: port forwarding shouldn't be needed as you're using your internal network but some routers also have built in firewalls. In some specific cases setting a static IP to both your PC and 3DS might help.

What would you recommend trying to do? I have even tried setting my routers channels to either 1, 6, or 11, and sadly still nothing. It lags and drops frames too bad to even try to stream anything, so I haven't been able to even test that portion yet. The frame limiter value is set at 0, and I have tried the "return after shutdown" to 0 as well, but it just runs with 0 fps. Kinda frustrating lol.
If the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band is so overcrowded around you that interference literally eats every piece of bandwidth available to your 3DS then tough luck - but again, I really doubt that's the problem. Instead you could try enabling Clock + L2 in Luma's settings to give a little boost to your n3DS' performance. If you have a USB Wi-Fi network card then you could also try to create an AP directly on your own PC, which is a bit different than using a repeater in the same room as there will be less devices consuming bandwidth on it.

That aside, it could always be a case of NTR shitting its pants: it's rather (in)famous for sometimes working and sometimes simply not having its day. It's one of the many reasons why I'm trying to seek out other alternatives. If nothing works for you and don't mind to dive a bit into beta testing, feel free to add me on Discord.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The fact that you can stream gameplay to your PC/Stream from a handheld console without some Frankenstein hardware hack or being tethered to your PC/Capture device is absolutely bananas to me. We really are living in the future. Great job!

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If I'm correct, you've said you've disabled Windows Firewall. Don't do that, not only it's an extreme approach that will potentially leave you unprotected from external threats but there have been reports of it not being fully disabled or "rearming" itself at random because Windows 10 is great™. Instead, take the time to properly allow Snickerstream through it. Double check your router too: port forwarding shouldn't be needed as you're using your internal network but some routers also have built in firewalls. In some specific cases setting a static IP to both your PC and 3DS might help.

I checked my router, I disabled the firewall (and didn't touched port forwarding)
I enabled my PC firewall and added Snickerstream to allow connections
I set a static IP to both my 3DS and PC (192.168.0.99 and 192.168.0.100)
now I try again with Snickerstream, started with admin, typed 3DS's IP, on 3DS started NTRCFW, enabled debugger, tried to connect...
on the first try, the 3DS didn't even connect
on the second try, the 3DS crashed lol
tried again, blue screen, pink screen...
upload_2018-9-27_20-45-13.png aaaaaaaaaa

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I checked my router, I disabled the firewall (and didn't touched port forwarding)
I enabled my PC firewall and added Snickerstream to allow connections
I set a static IP to both my 3DS and PC (192.168.0.99 and 192.168.0.100)
now I try again with Snickerstream, started with admin, typed 3DS's IP, on 3DS started NTRCFW, enabled debugger, tried to connect...
on the first try, the 3DS didn't even connect
on the second try, the 3DS crashed lol
tried again, blue screen, pink screen...
View attachment 144856 aaaaaaaaaa
Sorry for the late reply but, well... This happened ^^"

If you still have problems then feel free to add me on Discord/Telegram/etc.

iProRussian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band is so overcrowded around you that interference literally eats every piece of bandwidth available to your 3DS then tough luck - but again, I really doubt that's the problem. Instead you could try enabling Clock + L2 in Luma's settings to give a little boost to your n3DS' performance. If you have a USB Wi-Fi network card then you could also try to create an AP directly on your own PC, which is a bit different than using a repeater in the same room as there will be less devices consuming bandwidth on it.

That aside, it could always be a case of NTR shitting its pants: it's rather (in)famous for sometimes working and sometimes simply not having its day. It's one of the many reasons why I'm trying to seek out other alternatives. If nothing works for you and don't mind to dive a bit into beta testing, feel free to add me on Discord.

So, I am not sure what I did, but I followed your advice and changed the log3 to log1, put the frame limiter to 0, and set the "Return after shutdown" to 0, and everything works smoothly now! I am getting 47 FPS or so now which is even better than what I was getting before. Not sure how it happened but it happened with your advice.

I do thank you kindly good sir!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up