1. RattletraPM

OP RattletraPM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Use CustomWidth and CustomHeight to set the windows' size manually (you can also do this via the Advanced menu if you don't fancy editing the INI directly)

2. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    OK. One more question. Screen Layout, under the Display Settings on the Connection window, it has an option for "Separate windows". If I use that now, then the settings I made in the INI with CustomWidth and CustomHeight only apply to the window for the top screen. The window displaying the bottom screen is cut off still, and is not modified. So how do I edit the values for the bottom screen's window so that it fits?

Also, I'm finding that it can't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. When I connect and the window displays, after a few minutes it disappears and goes back to the Connect window.

Last edited by TheRaven81, Jul 31, 2018
  3. RattletraPM

Italy
    Right now I'm on vacation until the 5th so I won't be able to fix stuff for a while, but yiu're right - not being able to resize the bottom screen window via CustomWidth/Height is a bug.

That aside, the time after auto disconnecting can be changed or turned off from the advanced menu or ReturnAfterMsec in the INI.

4. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah OK. Well I'll keep an eye on the thread then. In the meantime I'll fix the disconnect time through the Advanced menu and use another view mode until the separated one can be fixed.

Enjoy your vacation!

5. Strifept

Strifept Member
    Newcomer

I'm noticing i can't get this to run with any BootNTRSelector. I tried all the ones pablo has on his Github.

I used to use an old NTR 3.6 (without the selector) which made snickerstream work flawlessly, with selector though, i always get the firewall error(firewall and antivirus are off, also windows defender is off).

With 11.8 i'm unable to use that old launcher as it gives an error. Is Snickerstream supposed to run on bootntrselector with no problems?

6. ImInsane

ImInsane GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Im using PabloMK7's BootNTR and works just fine.

Im using this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/page-106#post-8187833

7. Strifept

Strifept Member
    Newcomer

Thanks for this! Out of curiosity, have you tried streaming battlespot or anything online? I have to turn snickerstream on when i'm already online or it shuts my connection down, and that seems to cause some problems.

8. ImInsane

ImInsane GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yes I do, after turn on ur console go for Rosalina Menu trough L+B+D pad.
    Go on debugger and turn on, after that u can do all the steps u know normaly.
    Just be sure to turn on debugger in Rosalina Menu, he will force ur console to stay connect in internet.

Last edited by ImInsane, Aug 5, 2018
  9. ruby_kenzie

ruby_kenzie Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    I'm having an issue, whenever I boot snickerstream I get the could not connect to (n) ds (Yes, I'm using a new 3ds). Not sure why this is happening because I have my firewall turned off and my antivirus turned off. And for measures, I also have my debugger on. Any suggestions?

10. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm encountering a weird issue.
    I'm trying to stream Radiant Historia, but the screen is like this:
    https://gyazo.com/9ce7af08c6353701290b33bbfddf830c
    It was a black screen at first, then when I press the home menu, it changes to that.
    So far, that happens to Radiant Historia, Fire Emblem Echoes, and Fire Emblem Awakening, at least for me. Not sure what's wrong, but just thought I should report it.
    If it helps, I can try to record a video instead of a gif.

Last edited by Pokem, Aug 16, 2018
  11. RattletraPM

Italy
    A little progress update: Snickerstream is not dead, I'm still coding some stuff and if everything goes fine you might get a small glimpse of it in the near future.
    I know it's taking long (you're probably used to it by now ^^") but I'm sure you all will like it when it's done!

ImInsane likes this.
  12. williamsona10

williamsona10 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    can someone help me find out my issue

13. RattletraPM

Italy
    The video doesn't load here :unsure:

14. williamsona10

williamsona10 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    it doesn't hmm, well when i play ultra moon the app freezes even when I patch

15. RattletraPM

Italy
    Are you the same one who posted this issue on GitHub? If so, again, a log with loglevel 3 is appreciated.

Still, as a last ditch effort you could always try to enable Luma3Ds' debugger instead of applying the patch.

16. williamsona10

williamsona10 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    where is loglevel 3

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

and yes I did enable it and i still get freezes

17. RattletraPM

Italy
    What I'm asking is if you could upload the log here, you can find it in the same folder as Snickerstream once you've set it to 3. I assume you've figured it out now, but it's in the advanced menu.

You also haven't replied if you've tried enabling Luma3DS's debugger instead of the patch. To do that, open Rosalina (default key combo: L+DOWN+SELECT) then go to Debugger options and select "Enable debugger".

18. williamsona10

williamsona10 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's my system not your app how do i fix that beucase kitkat also freezes

19. GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello there. I am trying to stream Pokemon UM, but the stream is ONLY frozen within UM. If I press the home button, the stream will update only a single frame of UM. However, nagivating around the home screen streams perfectly fine. I have tried the following.
    -Rosalina debugger mode
    -NTR CFW deugger mode
    -Snickerstream NFC patch
    -Windows Firewall pass through
    -Opening Snickerstream before opening the game
    -Opening Snickerstream after opening the game
    11.8.0 with Luma 9.1
    Hardwired Windows 10x with Snickerstream 64bit client
    Is there anything else I can try?

Also, is there a list of hotkeys somewhere? Ha! I can't find them.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      119 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by GerbilSwimmingPool, Sep 13, 2018
  20. RattletraPM

Italy
    Looks like the 3DS does indeed stop sending frames from the log so it seems more like a NTR issue than anything else, which is strange if you enabled Rosalina's debugger and it still didn't work. Do you have Discord? If so, add me there and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Snickerstream, streaming, Unified