OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just uploaded two new files:
Wii: Snes9x.GX.4.4.2_Wii_Test.zip
GameCube: Snes9x.GX.4.4.2_GC_Test.zip

These contain the same commits as the last file I uploaded except they are build with the latest devkitPro/Libogc version.
I noticed a build error with the latest devkitPro/Libogc version, this is an attempt to fix that.

Please test both, with different controllers, gamecube, wiimote, classic controller.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bladeoner,

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi anyone tested the Wii and Gamecube test versions yet?

I opened a PR please let me know if it works or not so we can add it to the master source.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi anyone tested the Wii and Gamecube test versions yet?

I opened a PR please let me know if it works or not so we can add it to the master source.
Whenever I have free time I'm always willing to help. Right now though I just don't have enough available for testing or playing games.

Reactions: Bladeoner

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I plan to make a wiki page specifically for Snes9x 4.4.0.
I´m a bit busy now.

I started this thread as 4.4.0 but actually is more 4.4.x didn't start a new one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whenever I have free time I'm always willing to help. Right now though I just don't have enough available for testing or playing games.

Not a problem I know how it works, we all have responsabilities. I appreciate all the help. That's the beautiful thing of the community.

I also test changes myself, but only on the Wii, don't own a Gamecube. But others play different games and test other things in their own way which gives a good view if changes are applied successfully and or working properly.

Reactions: LumInvader

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem I know how it works, we all have responsabilities. I appreciate all the help. That's the beautiful thing of the community.

I also test changes myself, but only on the Wii, don't own a Gamecube. But others play different games and test other things in their own way which gives a good view if changes are applied successfully and or working properly.
I'll eventually find time in the upcoming weeks\months for another long testing session whether it's for the current build or a future one. As long as you're still active, there shouldn't be a problem.

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I removed the test versions, the changes to make building the source with the latest devkitPPC has been merged with the master source.

So anyone who wants to build Snes9x GX themselves can use the devkitPro files on the first page.

Reactions: LumInvader

rafaelsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Made some tests with Snes9x.GX.4.4.2_Wii_Test version and everything was fine, tested original gamecube controller, original classic pro and wiimote. No problems with games also.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got 1/3 of the way through my testing today. No issues to report other than a previous save state locking a game up, which is to be expected when loading it with a different build.

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's great! Thanks for all the great job you are doing with this emulator. I will test it later. Still no way to fix Top Gear 3000?

No fix for Top Gear 3000, if it's a combination with the build tools, its not an option to go back to an earlier version.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changelog:

[4.4.3 - April 13, 2019]

* Game-specific fixes (Chou Aniki, Rendering Rangers R2, Tenshi no Uta, Circuit USA)
* Increased maximum cheats to 150
* Fixed BPS patch support
* Snes9x drawing optimization (3-4% speed boost)
* Updated to latest upstream Snes9x
* Updated spanish translation (thanks Psycho RFG)
* Fixed preview image not displaying on GameCube
* Added option to not append Auto to save filenames
* Fixed crash when used as wiiflow plugin
* Fixed crash on launch when using network shares
* Fixed issues with on-screen keyboard
* Updated Korean translation

I wasn't even aware of this 3-4% speed boost. That 2 fps boost should help big time because most non-chip games that suffer slowdown are likely in that 1-2 dropped frames category. Will test Milon's Quest later to see if it helps with it's powerup stutter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P