Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@nooby89 - I believe the game is probably trying to test if a real hardware responds in a certain way. I think for DKC1, based on what I've been reading online, does so by testing the Save RAM size. The original cartridge has a fixed amount of Save RAM and it won't change. If the emulator doesn't report the same Save RAM size correctly or make the Save RAM behave in the same way as the original cartridge, the game will think the cartridge is a bootleg. But I don't know why it works in DKC2 and DKC3, because I would have thought that they implemented similar checks.

@AtlasFontaine - I am surprised to learn that Yoshi's Island even plays! But it's really too choppy to be enjoyable, in my opinion.

@Ryuzaki_MrL - I gave up trying the ROMFS. Could it be because I am using the Mac's version of devkitPro? Are you using the Windows version of devkitPro? Btw, does libctru 1.1.0 build without problems? Any speed improvements, however small?

@Osakasan - Great that you found games that work well. Palette bugs are going to be an issue, especially for games that change palette within a frame (games like Gokujyou Parodies, MK2, Front Mission Gun Hazard). Software rendering will fix that, but it is going to be very sloooow. :)

@djalmafreestyler @cvskid - Thanks for the suggestion on the frameskip per game. I've thought about it too, but I've got other priorities like optimising the rendering, and fixing some of the teething issues with Mode 7. Will get to it if I ever find the time. :)

To all, got SDD-1 working, so will release a quick update by tomorrow. Street Fighter Alpha works, albeit slowly (with frameskips). Star Ocean seems to look good.

I also discovered that, for some reason, the CIA version works a little differently from the 3DSX version. The ground color in Super Mario Kart looks correct in the 3DSX version, but it's all black in the CIA version. :unsure: Some other games also exhibit some different behaviors....

Last edited by bubble2k16,

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yes it dose and no i have not i guess thats why then thank you <3

@PrincessBrandy - I can't be sure the buttons on your headphones are the source of the problem, but my guess is that it does somehow interfere. :) Will be great if you can borrow some normal earphones to try it out and see if it fixes the problem.

If anyone else can tell me how to fix that problem in code, I would appreciate it too.

PrincessBrandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PrincessBrandy - I can't be sure the buttons on your headphones are the source of the problem, but my guess is that it does somehow interfere. :) Will be great if you can borrow some normal earphones to try it out and see if it fixes the problem.

If anyone else can tell me how to fix that problem in code, I would appreciate it too.
i just used my normal headphones buttons work ^^ also link to the past has a big sound issues at the start of the game you can hear the rain in the house and when you are asleep its not dark ether i didn't know if you knew that or not just thought id point it out

Last edited by PrincessBrandy,

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i jut used my normal headphones buttons work ^^ also link to the past has a big sound issues at the start of the game you can hear the rain in the house and when you are asleep its not dark ether i didn't know if you knew that or not just thought id point it out

@PrincessBrandy - Yes I know about the noisy rain and bright room.

For the noisy rain, it's probably some problem with the sound sample decoding. Don't quite know how to approach this yet.

For the bright first room, it could either be a transparency issue or a in-frame palette change.

PrincessBrandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh okay thank you so much for you hard work also megaman x2 and x3 work with the new update idk how to update the comparability list but they work without those error thingys

evilsworseside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!! i have waited on this for sooo long. up until now i have had no use of my previously installed homebrew besides the save manager. thank you so much man.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do you know why some romhacks of SMW aren't working? (Second reality project reloaded hangs on the intro after the "nintendo" logo and second reality project 2 hangs on boot, after moments it shows a red messed up screen).

Another thing, after reading that the green grass of Super Mario Kart was working on the 3dsx version I decided to look at it but it isn't working on the 3ds either :/ I took a screenshot.
@bubble2k16

99d821a9b6384dd69ea658707d671152.png

And yes, I'm on the latest version:
823bb86b5446441787a9d93330e8498a.png

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@AtlasFontaine Some romahcks use added recourse that the original game cartdrige of Super Mario World used, also some hacks only works with ZNES.
Check that the hack works well in Snes9x v1.43 for PC and if it didn"t use any chip or something similar added to it.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@AtlasFontaine Some romahcks use added recourse that the original game cartdrige of Super Mario World used, also some hacks only works with ZNES.
Check that the hack works well in Snes9x v1.43 for PC and if it didn"t use any chip or something similar added to it.
But those two worked on blargsnes tho, the only hack that I saw that didn't work with snes9x was golden statues.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Mmmm... try them in Snes9x v1.43 for PC, if they run there it maybe be something unimplemented or code that isn"t still in this port of Snes9x for 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь