Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Osakasan - Great that you found games that work well. Palette bugs are going to be an issue, especially for games that change palette within a frame (games like Gokujyou Parodies, MK2, Front Mission Gun Hazard). Software rendering will fix that, but it is going to be very sloooow. :)

Well, tbh in the case of Chougi Ranbu Hen is a non issue. I mean, it IS an issue, obviously, but it only happens in the character select screen and i'm happy to be able to play my favourite Ranma game reasonably well.

I'll keep testing, i'm really excited with this project. You made possible what seemed impossible, man.

EDIT: Also, for the sake of information, i'm still on RxTools. Last firm on EmuNAND

Last edited by Osakasan,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Osakasan - SSF2 Alpha doesn't really run full speed. :) It skips a lot of frames to keep the frame rate close to 60. But even so, it's still seems fairly playable.

It seems you tagged the wrong guy, pal xD

Well anyways, i'm not too fond of the SNES version of SFA2, nor i'm seeing the o3DS moving it at full speed yet, it's one of the most pushing games of the system.

Here's a little request from me: Could the default frameskip option be "0"? Having it set to 1 can be very misleading

PrincessBrandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Osakasan - SSF2 Alpha doesn't really run full speed. :) It skips a lot of frames to keep the frame rate close to 60. But even so, it's still seems fairly playable.
its very playable ^^ is there anything you would like me to test out? i would like to help you anyway i can im very grateful for your work and happy

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@DespyCL - It should play the same as v0.32. There was no other changes other than enabling SDD-1, which was quite easy to do. For me it was just a few lines of code, because Snes9x already did all the heavy lifting.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem.

By the way anyone else had problems installing CIA? I tried on my Luma3DS CFW and it installs fine.
I was the one who had the problem. For some reason the emulator would not install while running gateway 3ds so i switched over to luma3ds to install it and it installed fine on there and when you go back to gateway 3ds to play the emulator it plays fine. It just has trouble installing using gateway 3ds for some reason.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@KJ1 - Nope not really. Some of the sounds issues were fixed in v0.32. The only thing that was fixed in v0.33 is SDD1.
Okay! :) Its in your to-do list right? Also, can you please add something like so that we can save the current settings and don't have to change the settings manually when we restart the snes9x?

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@KJ1 - Can you let me know which games (and what parts of the games) are the ones that have some serious sound issues? Will help me to narrow down the hunt. :)

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@KJ1 - Can you let me know which games (and what parts of the games) are the ones that have some serious sound issues? Will help me to narrow down the hunt. :)
Sure, the major sound issue I found is while playing SMW and its hacks, when we pause the game by touching the down screen, the sound becomes "late", if you got what I mean, and, when we enter the pipes the sound becomes very "weird".. Also, the overall sound in the game is insanely low.. Otherwise its okay..

I have only played SMW and its hacks as of now on this, so, that's pretty much I guess, but, I will definitely let you know, when I play other games and there is major sound issue! :) I haven't tried v0.32 as of now, but, will tell you asap once I tried it to see whether the sound is fixed or not! :D Also, one more thing, you are doing an awesome job man! Keep up the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay