Hardware SNES to GC adaptor... wanna play Brawl with it.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I LOVE my SNES controller. I have had a ridiculous dream... of playing Brawl and Melee with a SNES controller.

So my question, here -- can a SNES to GC adaptor like this one I want to buy be used to play Brawl? As a "Gamecube" controller?

My fear is that the SNES adaptor will register the D-Pad and the D-Pad on the GC, and ONLY TAUNT.

I would like to know if the way it is set up makes it able to move and such (like the Analog stick) with the D-Pad on the SNES controller.

Anybody able to clear this up for me?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont work like that. even if you do manage to get it to register the SNES d-pad as the left stick, it will only be able to send a "yes" or "no". the way the game is supposed to work, it can send magnitudes of the joystick. so, not only does the game care that you are pressing left, but it cares how much you are pressing left. the SNES controller is not designed to tell how hard you are pressing buttons.

the same goes for the left and right triggers. some games care how much you are pressing in the triggers, not just if they are pressed and the SNES pad is completely incapable of sending that data..

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I thought about the sensitivity issue. But I am willing to compromise that if the D-Pad at least works for directional. lol.

At the very least I will buy one for SNES VC games... but I would still like to know the answer to my question.

Is your answer telling me that it WON'T EVEN REGISTER AT ALL? If that is the case then nevermind it was already answered lol.

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own that adapter. It converts the movements on the SNES D-Pad to movements on the GameCube D-Pad. It does not work as an analog stick. But the controller works as a GameCube controller so you can use it in emulators, VC, and GameCube games that don't require the analog stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: