spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
YoshiInAVoid said:
Currently graphics and sound are not supported.

I am not too sure, I guess png, gif and bmp? I depends on what the "SNES Starter-kit" supports. As for music the only thing I can think of it mp3.

It should be able to work on any edition of Windows.

mp3? I don't remember any snes games doing much in the way of sampled music, would the sound chip be capable of decoding mp3? I would have thought a tracker based format such as mod, xm, or s3m would have been easier to convert.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
You don't understand.

You load the mp3 through the program, when you compile it converts the mp3 so as it can be included in your project, much like how you load the sgm file and it compiles it into a fig or smc file.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just gonna say it once, Yoshi. You crossed the line between "concievable by a human mind" and "Barney Stinson" and you're slowly floating towards the heavens of awesome.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Just gonna say it once, Yoshi. You crossed the line between "concievable by a human mind" and "Barney Stinson" and you're slowly floating towards the heavens of awesome.
I have no idea what your talking about. But I'll take it as a complement so thanks,
yay.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
YoshiInAVoid said:
Foxi4 said:
I have no idea what your talking about. But I'll take it as a complement so thanks,
yay.gif
[youtube]i-OGD2DgIHI[/youtube]

THAT awesome.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Thanks!

Oh and a little tip for all of you with a GameCube but don't have an SNES Flahcard (Like me):

Getting an SNES Flashcard is hard, but getting a GameCube Flashcard (SD Media Launcher) is as easy as pie! And getting snes9x-gx (An SNES Emulator for GameCube) is even easier. *Hint hint*

It may not be playing SNES games on the real hardware, but it's certainly more realistic to have it on a TV with a controller than a monitor with a keyboard.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yoshi, have you tried turning it on on a Wii (GC Homebrew Launcher or a native SNES emulator)? Should be compatible, you use the same controller plus the Wii is more "accessible".

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:
YoshiInAVoid said:
It may not be playing SNES games on the real hardware, but it's certainly more realistic to have it on a TV with a controller than a monitor with a keyboard.

Even better. I bought one of these a few years back (from this shop), there is nothing better.

I USB'd one of my SNES joypads, works great
smile.gif

However, playing on real hard ware is far better, for a start, you don't need to stretch the screen oddly or add any gfx filtering, you get that full screen tv effect on your full screen tv every time. Compatibility is higher also
tongue.gif

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I have a playstation USB controller but it's not quite the same.

Anyway, sorry for keeping you all waiting. Here is a very early demo:
http://www.snesgamemaker.co.cc/download.php

I only reccommend it if you want to see the progress. If you want to make a game with it, then wait for a later release.

The reason it's not on the menu bar is because it's too early to call a propper download yet.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
MasterPenguin said:
YoshiInAVoid said:

Even better. I bought one of these a few years back (from this shop), there is nothing better.

I USB'd one of my SNES joypads, works great
smile.gif

However, playing on real hard ware is far better, for a start, you don't need to stretch the screen oddly or add any gfx filtering, you get that full screen tv effect on your full screen tv every time. Compatibility is higher also
tongue.gif

Granted playing on real hardware is better, using an emulator would be far easier to test your game. Instead of loading it onto your cartridge or memory card, simply compiling and running it just seems so much easier. Not to highjack your thread or anything, I am curious though, what's so different about using the USB controller for you, Yoshi?

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Greetings! I've downloaded the file, and it was quite delightful to see it work quite quickly, with a very nice GUI to boot. I have a few remarks and ideas of my own, however...
--5 of the files included are infected, among them being snes9x and zip. They are infected with "W32/Ramnit.C" which was picked up by Avira, and consequentially repaired without any further harm. I recommend downloading an antivirus and scanning your computer...
--I got an error the first time I tried to open an example.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at SNES_Game_Maker.MainForm.OpenFileDialog_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnFileOk(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.HandleVistaFileOk(IFileDialog dialog)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SNES Game Maker
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Micah/Downloads/SNESGM_Version_0.1/SNESGameMaker/SNES%20Game%20Maker.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4957 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
--The GUI trees are nice, but I think it would be better if the windows you invoked were self contained, or opened into the main frame.

Anyways, it seems to work great for a first release, and I'm awaiting more features and such to be added!
smile.gif

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Sorry about the virus, my PC is very old now and cannot run any anti-virus software. I have removed the file from the site. Once again, sorry, I had no idea.

And the problem is because of the file name:
C:/Users/Micah/Downloads/SNESGM_Version_0.1/SNESGameMaker/SNES%20Game%20Maker.exe

You should not edit any of the file names! Change it back to "SNES Game Maker.exe" get rid of al the "%" things that you see if you see any other files like this, change them as well.

As I said, I have removed the file. Hopefully next time I will be able to scan the files first. And as a bonus and a sorry, I am now working on an autoinstaller so that it wont change any of the file names.

Sorry for the virus, I am glad you could remove it ok. I promise it wont happen again!

EDIT:

I own 2 PC's, one with a horrible virus, and one which has virus protection and is completely clean.

I accidently uploaded a demo with my infected PC however if you read the rest of the GBATemp post you will know that I removed it immediatly after I found out.

Ever since then I always upload the next version with my clean PC, and of course scan all the files first.

I am glad that you brought this up so there is no confusion.

Apart from the very first demo (an accident) which has been removed and was only downloaded 4 times anyway... Every single file is safe.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am always a bit wary of the ramnit stuff, it seems tied to the false AV stuff and I have seen it wind itself around systems making it very hard to remove (one I saw went so far as to infect help files and other HTML files (all offline stuff) and others have done equally nasty things).

Still if you can not do AV checks http://www.virustotal.com/ can.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I have a rootkit on my XP computer so the link you sent me just takes me to the "Firefox cannot establish a connection at..." page, as it does with all other virus protection sites, as well as the microsoft site, and I cannot use google or any other search engine since it just redirects me to "licosearch" which has practically no links for anything that I search.

EDIT:

I own 2 PC's, one with a horrible virus, and one which has virus protection and is completely clean.

I accidently uploaded a demo with my infected PC however if you read the rest of the GBATemp post you will know that I removed it immediatly after I found out.

Ever since then I always upload the next version with my clean PC, and of course scan all the files first.

I am glad that you brought this up so there is no confusion.

Apart from the very first demo (an accident) which has been removed and was only downloaded 4 times anyway... Every single file is safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?