Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've acquired a Special partner Super Nintendo game copier.
copoutve2.jpg

I've got it all working, I can back up games to the floppy and play them off internal flash. Sweetness.
But then I went to investigate if I could put my own ROMs on the floppy and run them. For game mods, fan translations, etc. The copier has 4MB of memory, so I'm good there. The floppies, however, didn't. Every single one of my floppy disks is 2MB or lower. Too small for games like EarthBound or most Super Mario World mods. The picture of a floppy that appears on the screen says 2HD on it, which is the 2MB floppies. Do you think it couple possibly work if I went and found some 4MB MF2-ED floppies somewhere? Can you think of any other way? It says on the box "Build-in multi function external interface (Can connect to CDROM drive and Computer... *Optional) But I see no external port.

Any of you fellows have experience with this?

Edit: Erm, I copied a really big game onto floppies from the adapter its self, and it took 4 floppy disks. I suppose I have to split the files in my converter.
Still, I picked up something awesome
tongue.gif

Double edit: I still don't the format of ROMs it takes from my converter. Anyone know, give me a shout.

Tripple edit: I also don't know how to split them. Into sections of 4Mb, as the memory banks in the SP are, or the max my floppies can hold?

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
that's a little disappointing really...old a 1.4 floppy drive? if it can run floppy then why not zip floppy? or even CD ROM if possible but to get back on topic.

are you sure that the system doesn't have any hidden door or plug? also did it say internal or did it definitely say external. finally got more pics?

! i see a door to the left >_> whats under it? got a pic? !

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It definitly says external, and there's no hidden door. That port is an expansion port that was designed to connect more memory banks. You can't actually get more so it doesn't do anything.

Well I've got down what i need to do. I just need to try all teh SNES formats until one of them works for my copier, and split larger ROMs up so they'll fit on

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:
OH MAN. I am jelly. You wouldn't be interested in trading it or selling it, would you?

If you need larger floppies, Micro Center sells em cheap online.

If I recall bung also made these carts the one I have is for n64 though

e64qj6.jpg

(stock photo)

Yeah, I am looking for one of those too.
tongue.gif

Old school copier devices are fun.

20 BUCKS?!!?! You lucky dog, you.
tongue.gif
I am SO JELLY you could spread me on toast right now.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There are a lot of them. That's why I'm having trouble figuring out the ROM conversion. They all used something different :S

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
My copier, when new, did not ship with a power cable. They were sold seperately. It's a non-standard voltage, and grr, negative polarity. Not that it says that on the box or the unit. I had to find it on obscure forums. I ended up finding one that was really close to the rating, and positive polarity. Cut the cable, switched the wires to turn it negative. It worked, lol.

Edit: $150 for a PowerPak, eh? I'll stick to my 4-floppies-per-game solution
biggrin.gif

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
My copier, when new, did not ship with a power cable. They were sold seperately. It's a non-standard voltage, and grr, negative polarity. Not that it says that on the box or the unit. I had to find it on obscure forums. I ended up finding one that was really close to the rating, and positive polarity. Cut the cable, switched the wires to turn it negative. It worked, lol.

biggrin.gif

Hahaha, yeah. I had lots of money to spend lol that's when I got it. It was a while ago.
tongue.gif

Have fun playing Earthbound with all those piracy measures though.
evil.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
Midna said:

biggrin.gif

Hahaha, yeah. I had lots of money to spend lol that's when I got it. It was a while ago.
tongue.gif

evil.gif

Yeah, the one before Giygas was really mean.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Supersonicmonk said:
Schlupi said:
Midna said:

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

evil.gif

Yeah, the one before Giygas was really mean.

That's IF you could even get that far!
rofl2.gif

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've been experimenting with the different ROM formats in uCon64, and it appears to be compliant with Game Doctor 3 formats. You don't need to know this, but I had to scour the internet so hard to find a hint suggesting this. I should just put it out in the open. Convert your .smc's to gd3 with uCon64 if you ever pick one of these up. And use the split file option if it's above 1MB.

After acquiring the program, that would be, in the command line,

ucon64.exe ROM.smc -gd3 -s

First bit is the path to the executable, second is the path to the ROM, third is the file format, fifth is the split option for bigger ROMs.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I personally use Retrode/Super Powerpak/Super Everdrive combo for all my backup/playback needs.

Yes that was expensive, but it was worth it.

EDIT: for playing big roms on floppy, I think there are some software that can split them in files with .1 .2 .3 .4 extension or something like that, you might want to check zophar or website like that.

EDIT2: You probably already know about it, but you should try ucon64 look at the snes part, there are many commands to split/fix roms for old copiers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.