Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
jsugarsmacks said:
@MickeyBlue
Swords and Soldiers works fine. It is a bit slow loading but gameplay is smooth. It uses IOS53 and I am using a 3.2U nand dump.
Ok can you tell me if the IOS53 is also valid for version 3.2E? thank you

fogbank said:
QUOTE(MickeyBlue @ Feb 10 2010, 11:23 AM) So if I download all the latest IOS with NUS Downloader and I installed them with ShowMiiWads, games like Swords and Soldiers will work?
Why not do an "official" update on the SNEEK NAND? That will install every IOS and the latest version of all channels. It is probably the best way to insure compatibility.
I have to try this solution but the update is very slow too, and I cause an error

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MickeyBlue

IOS53 Version 5406

I dont remember if I updated this with a NUSD wad or if it is the original for 3.2U, my guess is its updated.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
wilsoff said:
Here's a way to install HBC natively on the SNEEK NAND:
1. Delete HBC completely from your Sneek Nand (or never have it installed)
2. Install this wad to your sneek nand (using showmiiwads): HBC Installer - HBCI.wad
3. It will load, in this order: usb:/boot.elf, usb:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf, sd:/boot.elf, sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf
4. Now HBC should install to your Sneek nand through the normal installer.

This did not work for me. I tried it on a "clean" 3.2U NAND with IOS35 and IOS61 installed, boot.elf on usb:/ and usb:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/

I also tried it on officially updated 4.2U with all related IOSes installed. All resulted in black screen and Wiimote unsynched.
Hmmm... I've had chance to do more testing on this and it appears not to work for 3.2U (works for 3.2E for me). Here's something else you can try... (it hangs at the scam screen for me, but wiimote stays connected, so it could be my SD card being ultra slow.)

1. Get modified boot2.bin that will load from SD card (one line of SNEEK source needs to change - details given in crediar FAQS.
2. Get SpaceJump's GeeBox forwarder channel (IOS35) from here: http://archive.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114165
3. Put boot.elf from the hackmii installer into sd:/apps/geexbox/boot.elf
4. Install the geexbox channel to the SD NAND with showmiiwads and run the channel from SNEEK on the Wii.

Failing that, try HBC Installer - HBCI.wad on a 3.2E install and then use showmiiwads to install the 3.2U afterwards.

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried getting rawksd to work with this?
it seems like you could bypass rock band 2's sd card limit by having DLC saving to the emulated nand on an sdhc card... but it'd be nice to get imports from rock band etc working as well.

diego71102244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
grati said:
I hope someone can help me with this. I read crediar and wilsoff's FAQ to fix the black screen after trying to start sneek and none of the solutions worked. I am using a Kingston 2gb micro SD card with the SD adapter. I have LU65 Wii on 4.1U. I tried a bootmii nand dump and a FS Dumper nand dump and extracted both with Showmiiwads and nanddumper. I'm sure i followed ever guide to the T and still it doesn't work. any insight would be much appreciated.

i´m also having troubles running sneek i have done everything he said, and i´m using a 2gb sd card kingstone, any help will be appreciated.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
ok. i see what it is. there needs to be more #ifdef DEBUG a couple other places in the code. i didn't really try it out till just now. try this http://pastie.org/804570

doing
#DEFINE blabla 0
is not the same as removing the #DEFINE blabla

so you were still using a debug version. the speed increase was due to something else. maybe the placebo effect
smile.gif

So is there any way to disable debug from the lastest svn? Or is it not actually making a difference anyhow?

The #define DEBUG 1 is still present in the global.h files but the vsprintf.c files don't have any lines resembling
yours (the line #ifdef DEBUG isn't even in it).

None the less I have tried pasting the text at the end but, the compile doesn't complete and ends with
an error something to do with vsprintf.o.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh yes I see it now. No noticeable difference in speed though. But now I know
wink2.gif

So, this obviously is quite brilliant from a technical point of view but, the price of excellence is that you lose the use of
any usb loader and cannot write to the SD card. Is that roughly where we're at?

I'm as impressed as anyone else, it just doesn't look like there is much you can use it for at the mo'
huh.gif

Still, things can only get better and it's still remarkable that it's got to this stage
smile.gif

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Tristar said:
So, this obviously is quite brilliant from a technical point of view but, the price of excellence is that you lose the use of
any usb loader and cannot write to the SD card. Is that roughly where we're at?

At this point in time yes.

QUOTEI'm as impressed as anyone else, it just doesn't look like there is much you can use it for at the mo'
huh.gif

I wouldn't say that. Especially for those people who have a lot of WiiWare and VC games. Instead of having to move the games back and forth from the SD menu, or even leaving the files on the SD card (which the Wii then copies to the internal nand to run), this way you can install all of your WiiWare/VC games to the SD card and they run from the SD card. No Wii nand involved at all.

It also means you can experiment with all sorts of Wii things, like ciosCorp (why ?), themes, etc. All without touching your legit nand, meaning no chance of bricking your Wii. If you stuff something up, delete the nand files and start again.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
yeah but for wiiware/vc all u have to use is triiforce =] so much more easier than muking around

and another one misses the point of SNEEK completly ... and if you don't like SNEEK well don't post here and don't use it.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slade.AU said:
Instead of having to move the games back and forth from the SD menu, or even leaving the files on the SD card (which the Wii then copies to the internal nand to run), this way you can install all of your WiiWare/VC games to the SD card and they run from the SD card. No Wii nand involved at all.

It also means you can experiment with all sorts of Wii things, like ciosCorp (why ?), themes, etc. All without touching your legit nand, meaning no chance of bricking your Wii. If you stuff something up, delete the nand files and start again.

I agree 100%. The whole point is so you don't have to risk bricking your precious Wii and you can try tons of stuff out risk free. I never wanted to risk messing up my Wii with themes, not anymore.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
I don't quite understand how SNEEK operates. Does it emulate the Wii on the Wii?
wacko.gif

No, it emulates the NAND on SD. It also replaces the ES module with one which is much more liberal.

A quick question myself. Can you still use just one module? I'm guessing if I leave out the ES module it will act exactly like a normal wii (albeit slower), but if I just used the ES module will it act like SNEEK on the real nand?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the FS module does the actual NAND->SD thing, you could build an IOS with just the ES module which would then run on your normal NAND, dunno if that really works cause it has been made to work with the custom FS module together

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still say this would be better if it was on USB, then I could finally have enough room for Rock Band 2 DLC

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much does a 32gb SD card cost? I have a few USB hard drives, all over 32GB. Also, a USB Hard drive can write faster than any SD Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo