Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh i still can't get sneek to work. i followed the guide the every period in every sentence. including building a virgin nand with nusd. for some reason, priiloader locks up on the white screen when i try to launch bootmii directly from it, but i get a black screen when trying from hbc. i used the sneek installer to make the files. i copied a settings.txt from my own bootmii nand dump. is it possible i need to update bootmii? im pretty sure i installed it when i updated to hbc 1.0.6. its only as an IOS. im trying to use sneek+di. specs: actual nand - 4.1u, cios38 rev17 in 249, hermes v4 222/223, 224 v5, cios57rev19 in 250. i can access bootmii with my original bootmii files. i've tried an 8gb sandisk, which works with everything else i've tried and a 2gb kingston. i can't think of anything else to troubleshoot. oh also font.bin is the root of the sd card. i let it sit for over 10 minutes with no response.

i have used an older rev of sneek, it was compiled by someone on a different forum, i still have that bundle and it still works fine. i've tried using that dump with newer sneek before to no avail it just freezes like now.

what am i missing here? maybe i have a wii that doesn't work well with sneek?

chomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how to run Gamecube backups from disc using SNEEK? ( Also is it right to assume that I can't do it with SNEEK+DI because the drive is disabled? )

First had trouble trying to get the Trucha bug into the Sneek NAND, nothing would work. So I tried to install a cIOS.

Used Waninkokos cIOS rev19, IOS38 as base. Seemed to install fine even though I don't think I ever got the Trucha bug to install.

Used the miospatcher from the completesg, seemed to install fine.

Then I tried Neogamma, couldn't read the disk - Error 1255. Gamecube backup launcher just gave a green screen.

I even tried installing cIOScorp and everything seemed to install but the disc wouldn't load. So now I'm stuck and could use some help. Thanks

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Digital1980 said:
moosehunter said:
Digital1980 said:
i noticed rev103 is back, anyone compile it yet?

you didn't read the changelog did you?

wow, big whoop. updated FAQ to reflect latest changes in SNEEK/DI.

is that enough change for you? Geez!

well then why would you need a compiled 103 if the changes where only to the FAQ page and not SNEEK itself
wacko.gif

common sense really

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
moosehunter said:
Blue-K said:
SanGor said:
SNEEK is getting a new feature!
blink.gif

SNEEK never seems to not amaze me. What's coming next? Screenshots? (Mhm, I actually would like that
tongue.gif
).

Looks like you got your wish, lol.
Crediar added screenshots to sneek
Mhm, where? Nothing new on Googlecode and Youtube. Can you post a Source, please
smile.gif
? If that would be true then damn...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found out my problem, i didn't have any games installed! but now i do. sneek works fine, loads perfectly from priiloader or from hbc. BUT of course, the di menu does not show up. i held 1 for about a minute, i had a gc controller plugged in, from power off to pressing start so it was plugged in the whole time. i tried without the gc pad. i got the font.bin from the first page of this post.

im starting to hate sneek. i love it but it is really complicated and very picky. kind of like women

edit: i got it to work with a virgin nand, but for some reason it says region: eur, game region: usa. im going the system update now to get all the ios's installed. i selected usa when i started up. maybe it will change after the update?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
i found out my problem, i didn't have any games installed! but now i do. sneek works fine, loads perfectly from priiloader or from hbc. BUT of course, the di menu does not show up. i held 1 for about a minute, i had a gc controller plugged in, from power off to pressing start so it was plugged in the whole time. i tried without the gc pad. i got the font.bin from the first page of this post.

im starting to hate sneek. i love it but it is really complicated and very picky. kind of like women

edit: i got it to work with a virgin nand, but for some reason it says region: eur, game region: usa. im going the system update now to get all the ios's installed. i selected usa when i started up. maybe it will change after the update?

I had the same thing happen, just press B when the di menu is up and change it to the usa, save the config, and restart the wii and it will fix it. I also couldn't get anything to load in the disc channel before doing this

medisyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues getting usb loaders to work right. I have cios rev 19 installed. My usb hard drive has partition 1 for home brew and 2 is formated for wbfs. Both NeoGamma and Configurable USB loader have errors when starting games. Configuruable USB loader gives me a "wbfs -128" error and NeoGamme says "Connection to WBFS lost." Any help is appreciated.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
medisyn said:
I am having issues getting usb loaders to work right. I have cios rev 19 installed. My usb hard drive has partition 1 for home brew and 2 is formated for wbfs. Both NeoGamma and Configurable USB loader have errors when starting games. Configuruable USB loader gives me a "wbfs -128" error and NeoGamme says "Connection to WBFS lost." Any help is appreciated.
For the last time: cIOS DON'T WORK IN SNEEK, AND PROBABLY WILL NEVER WORK. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
medisyn said:

Use Sneek + DI instead.

medisyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daxtsu said:
medisyn said:

Use Sneek + DI instead.

I have not been able to get Sneek + DI to boot. Sorry Blue-K there is a lot of misinfo going around I guess. It seemed possible.

EDIT: I am a retard, I needed to read the FAQ for SNEEK+DI. Once I put one game on the drive it worked perfectly.
EDIT2: After I put on more games it stopped working again. Freezes after the health info screen.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
So, has any one heard anything new on the sneek scene? I know i can't wait for the new feature to be released. I hope it is soon. well to let everyone know i have 142 games all working in sneek. The only game i could never get to work was CSI deadly Intent but I think it was because it was prepatched for usb loader but i could just be retarded. Well hope to see sneek keep going strong, because I personally love it.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
So, has any one heard anything new on the sneek scene? I know i can't wait for the new feature to be released. I hope it is soon. well to let everyone know i have 142 games all working in sneek. The only game i could never get to work was CSI deadly Intent but I think it was because it was prepatched for usb loader but i could just be retarded. Well hope to see sneek keep going strong, because I personally love it.

I don't understand why so many people have problems with that game.

It is working fine for me and has been since rev80. Use a 1:1 copy of the game and it should work fine.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, I've tested SNEEK for some time now...and though it is still bitchy as hell (I've opened the News-Channel, it loaded FOREVER, so I went back to the menu, and dang, SNEEK doesn't work anymore), I think I'm ready to switch completely to it now. Though, because I've made a virgin NAND, this does leave a question:

Where is my Mii? I know that you should be able to drag and drop them from dump to dump like the saves, but where is their location? Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff