Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hm, I forgot about the framebuffer part. If you knew how to manually edit the slot.bin or whatever it uses now, you could get around that. Better yet, update the framebuffer for 4.3.
tongue.gif

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
haha if i only knew how
smile.gif

i actually haven't even touched SNEEK yet, but was planing on it and was wondering how to set up a clean NAND dump..
the tut tell me to do a system update but now that would bring me to 4.3 so that the reason of my questions.

I was thinking to do the as the guide tell me but then update of a game that has 4.2 but then i remembered me drive cant read disks anemone...
so i there anyway to can a clean NAND to 4.2

edit:
If i made a clean NAND of only sys4.2 and iso 70, would I be able to update the SEEK NAND with a game running off DI?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pro2oman said:
the tut tell me to do a system update but now that would bring me to 4.3 so that the reason of my questions.
The tut does not tell you to do that.
I was thinking to do the as the guide tell me but then update of a game that has 4.2
If you follow the guide you would not have to update, you would already be on 4.2
If i made a clean NAND of only sys4.2 and iso 70, would I be able to update the SEEK NAND with a game running off DI?
You would already be on 4.2 and until more is known about 4.3 and sneek I would stick with 4.2 if I were you.
Taken from the OP:

How to get a virgin NAND using NUSD and showmiiwads:
1. Download IOS70 v6687 with NUSD, make sure you decrypt it and pack a .wad
2. Download System Menu 4.2X (what ever version Wii you have) with NUSD, decrypt it and pack a .wad
3. Open ShowMiiWads
4. Create a blank folder on desktop (I named mine "Scratch 4.2U NAND")
5. Click on Options -> Change NAND backup path. Select the folder you just created.
6. Click View -> ShowMiiNAND (the program is now called "ShowMiiNand")
7. Drag the two .wad files you downloaded through NUSD to ShowMiiNand.
8. At the bottom click install
9. copy your setting.txt from an actual dump to the title/00000001/00000002/data folder that was created in your "blank folder"
10. copy the four folders: title, ticket, sys, shared1 to the root of whatever device you are going to be using to host your NAND.
11. Launch SNEEK/UNEEK and it will be as if it is the first time you started your wii (in reality it is, and you may have to wait a couple minutes the first time you boot it up this time only)
12. Update through System Update
13. Voila, a scratch made NAND (Thanks RussSteele82)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Smallest NAND possible for SNEEK:
EssentialFiles
For a SNEEK NAND you can make it even smaller. You need the following and nothing more:
1. Systemmenu (get from NUSD)
2. Systemmenu IOS (non-STUB) (get from NUSD)
3.2 + IOS30
3.3 + IOS50
3.4 + IOS50
4.0 + IOS 60
4.1 + IOS 60
4.2 + IOS 70
3. setting.txt (placed in SD:/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt) (must match region of systemmenu) (get from a NAND dump)
NOTE: with this set up it:
WILL give you a black screen for up to five minutes before it goes to first time set up.
WILL give you a black screen for up to five minutes between the health screen and showing you the system menu.
This is for the first time only. After that it will be fast.

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Step 12 tell me to update(so i get all the IOS..)... and if i do the second method i get sys4.2 but with no other IOS's so i wouldn't be able to run the games from DI, correct?

the first method would have work fine and gotten me a full 4.2 when there was no 4.3 non N's server but now that there is a 4.3 update doing step 12 will put my NAND to 4.3

That's how i understand it correct me if I'm wrong

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pro2oman said:
Step 12 tell me to update(so i get all the IOS..)... and if i do the second method i get sys4.2 but with no other IOS's so i wouldn't be able to run the games from DI, correct?

the first method would have work fine and gotten me a full 4.2 when there was no 4.3 non N's server but now that there is a 4.3 update doing step 12 will put my NAND to 4.3

That's how i understand it correct me if I'm wrong
Ahh.. I see your point...your correct.

Dump your Original Nand if not on 4.2 and use NUSAD to download the 4.2 update/ios's into wads. Then build your NAND with ShowMiiWads..there you go. I'm sure there are several ways of building a full operational 4.2.

http://gbatemp.net/t207126-nus-auto-downloader-for-windows

Keep in mind cIOS and Sneek don't work well with each other.

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok thank you ChokeD
I do have my wii at 4.2 so i guess ill go the root of just using my full dump.

If i where to go the route of building a clean one, do i go with sys4.2 and all IOS or is there Center ones you need and others that would conflict. I'm guessing if I where to put in all IOS it should be fine, but would the new IOS from system menu 4.3 conflict?

also what about MIOS?
Would putting all SYS/IOS local region files form NUS downloaded and putting it into showmewad make it full are are there still files missing,(other then setting.txt and the four folders: title, ticket, sys, shared1[Should there sillbe included or just setting.txt]) or like before would there be ones to exclude?

**lol i think you edited when i was writing, so some of this post is pointless

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pro2oman said:
ok thank you ChokeD
I do have my wii at 4.2 so i guess ill go the root of just using my full dump.

If i where to go the route of building a clean one, do i go with sys4.2 and all IOS or is there Center ones you need and others that would conflict. I'm guessing if I where to put in all IOS it should be fine, but would the new IOS from system menu 4.3 conflict?
If you use the 4.2 you get from NUSAD and just replace the cIOS you have in your Original NAND dump you won't get any 4.3 ios that conflict. Stay away from anything 4.3.
also what about MIOS? Not positive as I haven't tried GC retail discs in sneek but I doubt it matters much if you use the original dumped or replace it with the 4.2 mios.
Would putting all SYS/IOS local region files form NUS downloaded and putting it into showmewad make it full are are there still files missing,(other then setting.txt and the four folders: title, ticket, sys, shared1[Should there sillbe included or just setting.txt]) or like before would there be ones to exclude?
using your original NAND dump you'll have these folders already and can copy and paste all folders over to sd when done in showmiiwads.

gunnerpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3 partitions on my HDD.
One for my documents. (NTFS)
Other only for Wii Games that i play on CFG USB Loader (NTFS)
And the other only for RB 2 DLC (FAT32)

To use SNEEK+DI i need to have one partition with fat32 format and it has to be primary, right? Because I want to play Metroid Trilogy.

But I have 3 primary partitions.

Will Wii recognize the partition I want? (i was thinking in using the partition of RB 2 DLC) Or it will recognize the others partitions?!

Sorry for my bad English...

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
gunnerpt said:

To use SNEEK+DI i need to have one partition with fat32 format and it has to be primary, right? Because I want to play Metroid Trilogy.

Will Wii recognize the partition I want? (i was thinking in using the partition of RB 2 DLC) Or it will recognize the others partitions?!

Sneek+DI does not use the USB drives except for the games, the NAND and boot2.bin file are run from the SD card.
Multiple partitions are a pain in the ass, I have still been unsuccessful in getting my UNeek to work from my triple partitioned drive.

gunnerpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mayhem366 said:
gunnerpt said:

Sneek+DI does not use the USB drives except for the games, the NAND and boot2.bin file are run from the SD card.
Multiple partitions are a pain in the ass, I have still been unsuccessful in getting my UNeek to work from my triple partitioned drive.

Yeah... i know that.

I was talking about games.

It's not possible to play games on sneek+di with HDD with multiple partitions?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
gunnerpt said:
mayhem366 said:
gunnerpt said:

Yeah... i know that.

I was talking about games.

It's not possible to play games on sneek+di with HDD with multiple partitions?

Merge the two NTFS partitions and configure the resultant as a secondary one (the CFG USB Loader will not interfere with your files nor corrupt them, as it only access to the 'wbfs' folder). Then, leave the partition that is formatted to FAT32 as the primary one. You should not have problems this way. Remember that SNEEK+DI only accepts drives formatted with a cluster of 32KB or less.

QUOTE(BiPoLaR @ Jun 26 2010, 12:22 PM)
can someone tell me where to get the font.bin? would be much appreciated

http://crediar.no-ip.com/font.bin.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to boot up SNEEK+DI for the first time right now. I know it can take a while for the initial bootup, but is it normal to flash the LED?

the flashes are as follows... short... long... short

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
BiPoLaR said:
I'm trying to boot up SNEEK+DI for the first time right now. I know it can take a while for the initial bootup, but is it normal to flash the LED?

the flashes are as follows... short... long... short

Yes, that's normal. The drive must flash at least once when you boot up SNEEK+DI.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LED's been flashing for about 10 min now... wondering if I did something wrong. still nothing on the screen, just "no signal"

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
do you have a usb plugged in? make sure you have at least one game converted to SNEEK on it.

if it still doesn't work try a different usb stick/drive. mine wouldn't work until i tried a different usb, some seem not to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster