Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, what is this UNEEK business? I am familiar with SNEEK as i tried to get it working before but as mine is a black christmas wii it would not work.

Just looking on the google code page for SNEEK and it mentions a usb loader compatible version, is this is what is being spoken about?

And will this new build work on christmas wiis?

EDIT: Also what is DI?

wiiwaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
windy2000 said:
It works good.....

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79096, Mar 19 2010, 21:48:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
Try this one, quote from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205...t&p=2686370
"you need to edit mini-tree-mod\makefile and put your python path in it(Mines /c/python26/python makebin.py) I think it's line 9."

QUOTE(mayhem366 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:16 PM) Hmm, what is this UNEEK business? I am familiar with SNEEK as i tried to get it working before but as mine is a black christmas wii it would not work.

Just looking on the google code page for SNEEK and it mentions a usb loader compatible version, is this is what is being spoken about?

UNEEK is sneek with usb nand support, the usb loader compatible version is sneek+di.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get UNEEK to run off usb. When I try to use it I get a blinking blue slot light and black screen. Is there anyway to get this to work. I had also read a previous post in this thread about the same problem someone else was having and followed the solution posted below that but it didn't work. Any help on this will be apperciated. Thanks in advance.

windy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiwaker said:
windy2000 said:
It works good.....

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79096, Mar 19 2010, 21:48:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
Try this one, quote from [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205...t&p=2686370]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205...t&p=2686370[/url]
"you need to edit mini-tree-mod\makefile and put your python path in it(Mines /c/python26/python makebin.py) I think it's line 9."

mayhem366 said:
Hmm, what is this UNEEK business? I am familiar with SNEEK as i tried to get it working before but as mine is a black christmas wii it would not work.

UNEEK is sneek with usb nand support, the usb loader compatible version is sneek+di.

Finally, I generate armboot.bin by typing make in the source directory, but it still frozen when loading with a non-stop flash dvd-rom....

Fainting and puzzling .....

Posts merged

QUOTE(Cmurda187 @ Apr 4 2010, 11:02 PM)
I cannot get UNEEK to run off usb. When I try to use it I get a blinking blue slot light and black screen. Is there anyway to get this to work. I had also read a previous post in this thread about the same problem someone else was having and followed the solution posted below that but it didn't work. Any help on this will be apperciated. Thanks in advance.

same here with 4.1u ......

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
bula said:
I had my region.bin on usb:\. I moved it to usb:\sneek and works now. Thanks.
you working on SNEEK or UNEEK ?

just wanting to know so I can update file structure of first post.

sneek_di

sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\di.bin
sd:\boot2.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)
sd:\font.bin
sd:\decrypted NAND

usb:\games\your games
usb:\sneek\region.bin

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
ChokeD said:
bula said:

sneek_di

Thanks, I knew you wasn't running what I was.
tongue.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
bula said:
ChokeD said:
bula said:

sneek_di

Thanks, I knew you wasn't running what I was.
tongue.gif

NP anytime.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@added you to the credits, thanks again.

Just a reminder to people to constantly check back and re-read the first post as SNEEK/UNEEK is constantly changing so this post will also.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:

Just a constant reminder to people to constantly check back and re-read the first post as SNEEK/UNEEK is constantly changing so this post will also.
Not sure if this info is posted or not but to get in sneek_di menue you need a GC controller in port 1, then in SM screen (using your GC controller) Press start -> select game -> press A -> press start game will load now in DC. I tought you may want to add this as well.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
ChokeD said:

Just a constant reminder to people to constantly check back and re-read the first post as SNEEK/UNEEK is constantly changing so this post will also.
Not sure if this info is posted or not but to get in sneek_di menue you need a GC controller in port 1, then in SM screen (using your GC controller) Press start -> select game -> press A -> press start game will load now in DC. I tought you may want to add this as well.
Thank you kind sir.
tongue.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to conanac now sneek_di menue is working on 4.2U.

Link to main.zip (zipped version of main.c in the download section of the linked googlecode page) is now put in the description box of the video, or here:

http://bit.ly/9qeN4D

Just replace main.c in sneek\es folder with one above and re-compile it. This works only with 4.2U. Thanks again, conanac.

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello people,
Sneekv2 "fresh" compiled works now 100% perfectly [with boot2.bin and the di.bin modul i can play my games!] (thanks to all for the very good tutorials!) but this won´t work at all:

QUOTE said:
=========================================
Here's a way to install HBC natively on the SNEEK NAND:
1. Delete HBC completely from your Sneek Nand (or never have it installed)
2. Install this wad to your sneek nand (using showmiiwads): HBC Installer - HBCI.wad
3. It will load, in this order: usb:/boot.elf, usb:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf, sd:/boot.elf, sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf
4. Now HBC should install to your Sneek nand through the normal installer.
Note: The icon and banner are sh!t, but the intention is that you'd the delete the channel once it's done its job.
=========================================
  • Got the HBC Installer - HBCI.wad
  • Packed it via showmiiwads in the NAND DUMP of my SD Card
  • Can see the icon on the WII Menu
  • Can trigger it
  • It loads
  • Can see the bootscreen of it
  • Than WII reloads
What´s going wrong?

Had put the boot.elf from hackmii beta 6 in the ROOT from usb:/boot.elf and sd:/boot.elf, but it doesn´t work at all.

Thanks for any tips which can help me
smile.gif

/edit Another thing is still bugging me:

Is there a list anywere where it is possible to read out which files are stored where in the nand?
Things like: MIIs, Savegames
Where the IOS are stored is clear to me, but i would like to re-insert some miis und savegames from my real nand to a clean nand dumb, that´s why i´am asking.

Thanks
smile.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reporting man. I seen it last night but didn't have a chance to add it.

ANYTHING reported is much appreciated and will be added. Thanks to all the people trying to help keep this up to date.

I will do my best to continue to make this post a one-stop-shop. ANYONE wanting to see something added please leave it in a comment and I'll add it as soon as possble.

All files will be backed up to a mirror.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt