1. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

No idea what I did but I got it working. Fantastic. Now there's just one problem, how do I get the Wii remotes synced (red-button type sync) to both the emulated NAND and the real NAND? and is there a forwarder channel I can put on my Wii to make the Sneek NAND load?

2. ChokeD

OP ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    Press red button for 3 seconds on wii, then press the button on the wiimote next to the battery, then press A.

Do this once in real nand and then again in your sneek nand, settings should save.

Switch2Sneek:

Switch2Sneek allows you to switch from real nand to Sneek nand with out taking the SD stick out of your Wii. It can be used from HBC and/or also comes with a forwarder channel for easy access.

Download Link: http://code.google.com/p/gadget4sneek/downloads/list
    YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9q-vx15jbM

3. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    are there any games that won't run with sneek+di?

i can get some backups to work and not others. I'm wondering if my dumps/file config are bad or what. I've used wiiscrubber and yso so far.

4. ChokeD

United States
    I think I read that the only games that are not working/having issues were ios reload games but I could be mistaken.

5. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I heard something about as well.

Hey ChokeD, do you have DL links to DiscEX and BannerME?

6. atomikramp

atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I'm experiencing an issue where i have to powercycle the wii before the system is loaded correctly, and i yet dunno why [​IMG]

7. ChokeD

United States
    It's your model of HDD I believe.

8. atomikramp

atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    i'll try with another HDD/USB adapter.

i didn't have any issue using that drive with usb loaders tho.

9. mariobros1

mariobros1 GBAtemp Fan

Hello,
    I just installed sneek + di module and when I press start to open the sneek menu I can't do anything from there,
    It also doesn't ever get me to the wii menu,

10. jhoff80

jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Stupid question, if the game title in the SNEEK+DI menu is either "Sample game title (Wii)" (which it is for a bunch of games for me) or a mess of unintelligible characters, that probably means the ISO I ripped to extract is corrupted and I need to rerip from disc again?

11. SanGor

SanGor Witchhunter

United States
    if you get "Sample game title" you extract the update partition (or have a review/preview/beta of a game)

12. jhoff80

United States
    Ah, might've done that for a few. I used a batch file with wit, so maybe for a few it did extract the update partition or something.

13. jhoff80

United States
    Hmmm, no, opening up the games in WiiScrubber, it appears that it actually does say "Sample Game Title". Like I said, I wonder if maybe the header got corrupted or something and it's showing up that way. Is there any way to test the integrity of the iso before decrypting, short of dumping to disc it a second time?

... And then my Bomberman Land, that one MUST be corrupted, I guess:

[​IMG]

Like I said, I do still have the games, so I could probably redump them all from disc. But damn would that be a huge pain in the ass.

14. ChokeD

United States
    Try Wiimms WBFS-Tool (WWT) for extracting ISOs for SNEEK I read it supports it now.

15. jhoff80

United States

Yeah, that's what I used to extract them in the first place, and many are showing up with "Sample Game Title" in the game selection menu.

16. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thanks to the original poster for the guide! Very easy to follow. I have a few questions...

1. Does the 'boot2_sd.bin' support loading discs? Every time that I try to run a Wii disc, the Wii goes to a black screen, and tells me to go to the troubleshooting manual or something to that effect. I remember that when SNEEK first came out, I was able to load the banner in the Disc Channel, but it would freeze if I tried to update through a particular disc, which leads me to the second question...

2. Does SNEEK support updating of the System Menu either through Nintendo's online update, or through discs? When I try to update online, it would usually just hang at the beginning, although once I got a message that simply said that it couldn't be completed.

3. If I update to 4.2 on SNEEK (if possible), it would just update the "emulated" boot2, correct? I think I remember reading that somewhere, but I just want to make sure, as I don't want my actual boot2 to be touched.

4. Also, I noticed that on the 'armboot.bin' file that I generated myself, the MD5 is different than the 'armboot.bin' that is available on Google Code. I didn't seem to matter for me, but does that make a difference?

Anyway, thanks for any help!

17. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm having the same problem as well.

18. harveychan

harveychan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    CSI - Deadly Intent does not with with sneek-di well atlease for me it does it just black screens . i use yso to convert the games. every game i tested worked other than CSI - Deadly Intent.

19. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Did you try to compile r79 and use its Di.bin.
    I have 2 SD cards setup 1 has r79 so i can load MPT ,Sam+Max,COD3,Far cry the 2nd Sd card i use to try new updates (i keep r85 on it but change the name while i try new revs)

20. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

I hope Crediar reconsider his decision to temporarily stop the development of sneek and get back the soonest on new updates. I like the sneek but till then I'll have to wait for new developments.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SNEEK+DI, quick, guide