XP
Country
Germany
bazamuffin said:
NahuelDS said:
zizer said:
i use uneek+di r153 with real nand dump and wii sport resort work fine

monster hunter tri kill my 4.3e EmuNand always
actually, with uneek+di r153 monster hunter tri works like a charm in my 4.3u nand

Zizer is on 4.3E not 4.3U. I have had probs configuring wireless with E NANDS but U ones are fine. My point being is that E NAND may cause issues that U ones can't replicate

i use nand emu with 4.3e and have no problem to get wireless. internet, the shop channel and monster hinter tri (pal) works fine for me. i use UNEEK+DI r153. i dumped my (emu) nand with simple fs dumper v0.42 from my original nand and i have no probs.

EDIT: if i use the disc channel, Monster Hunter Tri crashes, but if i use joyflow it works great.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendiw!! said:
i use nand emu with 4.3e and have no problem to get wireless. internet, the shop channel and monster hinter tri (pal) works fine for me. i use UNEEK+DI r153. i dumped my (emu) nand with simple fs dumper v0.42 from my original nand and ia have no probs.

bazamuffin use virgin modmii 4.2e,4.3e nand

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
zizer said:
nintendiw!! said:
i use nand emu with 4.3e and have no problem to get wireless. internet, the shop channel and monster hinter tri (pal) works fine for me. i use UNEEK+DI r153. i dumped my (emu) nand with simple fs dumper v0.42 from my original nand and ia have no probs.

bazamuffin use virgin modmii 4.2e,4.3e nand
i`ve heard the some people had problems with virgin nands. maybe this is the problem. i don`t know.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Many games black screen on newer revisions of sneek-di

i have problem with home button freezing the wii on other M

the godfather has eternal loading

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just removed my whole post for this new one; last one was irrelevant.

Ok I'm trying to make things simple just so people know.

Q1:
I have bootmii@boot2 installed & I have switch2uneek setup in folder "bootmiiuneek" with all proper emu-nand folders etc. It seems my Wii loads to black screen unless my ext.hdd is plugged is plugged in and on while the SD card is in the console. I have Priiloader installed to actual nand & autoboot to file < CrazyIntro. Even so if i turn my Wii off while in a emu-nand it will boot up to the emu-nand next time I turn my console on. If I turn my Wii off while in the actual Wii itself it will boot up to the actual Wii, however I still need to have the ext.hdd in order for it to load for what ever reason. I can easily fix this by ejecting my SD card and booting up Wii. It's just my Wii & ext.hdd always synced together & sometime when leaving the emu-nand it wont sync on next boot.

I'm looking for any advice about this. Thanks in advance.

I guess what I am trying to ask is how does one incorporate bootmii@boot2 and emu-nand together? I would like to boot up into my actual Wii first and then by either using CrazyIntro (Priiloader combination) or switch2uneek channel to select my emulated nands w/o it trying to auto boot into the last nand I used whether actual or emulated.

The way i'm looking at it is either I need to get a SDHC card uncompatible with Bootmii@boot2 or uninstall Bootmii@boot2 and just use Bootmii@IOS. hm.... I'm sure there are other solutions.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I thought I'd also post this here since the majority of the changes to the ModMii beta enhances it's nand builder and sneek installer. I'm sure those that follow this thread are gonna love the new features
biggrin.gif

XFlak said:
Anyone who wants to beta test ModMii v4.5.3, here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vwaj02czhjkb2fw

but you'll need to send me a PM for the password

And to all those that have beta tested for me recently, the password is the same as last time, but send me a PM anyways so I can let you know what needs testing
So 4 people have downloaded the latest beta but only 1 has PM'd me about it. If you're one of those 3 people, please send me a PM so I can get you to beta test the new functions
biggrin.gif

The new features in this beta are 100% safe to test even for those without bootmii @ boot2. The majority of the changes only enhance ModMii's nand builder and sneek installer, so technically it's safe for people to test without ANY brick protection whatsoever. This is still an open beta, so if you want to test it just send me a PM!

Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You could speed things up by defragmenting your hard drive, but if u want to see a real speed increase you're going to need to remove some channels. Perhaps instead of having 300+ channels on 1 emulated nand, put just a few channels on a bunch of different emulated nands, then use switch2uneek to select the nand u want to use. For example, u could have one nand with all wiiware games, another one with nes vc games, and another nand for snes games, etc.

btw, the latest ModMii beta might be able to help u out with some or all of this, PM me if u want to test it out
biggrin.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill give the multi-nands a try i realy like uneek all the games i have trouble with cfgloader work flawlessly(its not the cfgloader its self its a awsome app)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just noticed in my setup that uneek+di with verbose output enabled causes a panic when es.c comes in the load Ticket routine.
I found someone else with similar issues here, but I couldn't find a relevant answer on the issue.

I use an emulated nand with system menu 4.2E and priiloader 0.6 installed.

Does someone know the issue, and is there a way to avoid it?
It's hard to experiment with uneek +di without debug information.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have to correct on previous post. It seems to Panic in ES_LaunchSYS when the function LoadPPC is called.

I assume it has something to do with the IOSKpatch. I noticed that in R105 of Sneek, IOSKpatch changed to IOS80.
It was my understanding that the 0000000e.app was actually ios70-v6687. I tried an older version of the IOSKpatch (R104), but it refuses to run.

So far my (very slow) progress in analysing the issue.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It looks like the problem is in the esmodule.elf.
If I replace that module in the Crediar installer download folder with the one I compiled myself, it panic's.
I used rev. 153 I read somewhere that the Crediar Installer uses rev. 150. I don't think that should make a difference if I look at the google svn. I notice that my esmodule.elf is 71,3Kb, and the Crediar one is only 64Kb.
I hope this might ring a bell to someone, about why it panic's with the module I compiled myself.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you mean the same issue Scooby has it's the ES module crashing due an unaligned memory access

Did you use the 0000000e.app from IOS80 (latest rev) to compile SNEEK/UNEEK?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, according to scooby it's the same issue.
I use the 0000000E.app that comes with the crediar installer. If I remember well, they are downloaded when I pushed the button.
If I use it with the esmodule.elf that comes with the installer, everything works fine.
Maybe I am using an old installer program from crediar. I will check that out tomorrow.
I assume the installer from scooby uses the most recent one.

I hear you are making good progress on the wbfs-di loader. Can't wait to try it out. It's a bit off topic here, but I guess a little advertising doesn't hurt.

Just a small update:

I used the NUS downloader to download and decode IOS80 - v 6943 and IOS60 - v6174 I took the 0000000e.app and the 00000001.app from those downloads. Still no joy. Panic's when verbose output is turned on.

As I got little response on this question so far, I continued my search for the problems I was having with my sneek compilations.
I think I found the crullpit.
The es module needs to be compiled with an older version of devkitarm.
The precompiled versions you can download from the sneek svn contain the mapfiles for the modules.
There you can see that the es module is linked with the gcc 4.3.3 library, while the others are linked to the 4.5.1.
Further research made me discover that the gcc 4.3.3 was included in the devkitarm R25. The current devkitpro comes with devkitarm R32.

I couldn't locate the devkitarm R25 on internet, but I found the R24 that comes with with gcc 4.3.2

So, I put that stuff in my devkitpro under a devkitarm24 folder.
I added an environment setting to my system environment settings:
DEVKITARM24 /c/devkitPro/devitARM24
and I modified the ES module makefile
PREFIX = $(DEVKITARM24)/bin/arm-eabi-
after recompiling the thing, you can verify in the esmodule.map that the gcc it was linked to is the 4.3.2
The mapfile now also shows the same module sizes as the one you can download from the sneek google svn.
I tested this version, and it now seems to run (rather) stable and without Panic.
The other versions weren't stable with the verbose switched off neither.

regards.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A question...I was under the impression that sneek occupied both ports. I just heard that this was wrong with newer versions (r150+) and that the other port should be usable by other USB devices.

(post by Sangor on Februari 6th)
SanGor said:
There have been a few updates to SNEEK in the past few days!
The binaries were also updated!
Code:
Updated copyright to 2009-2011

DI:
ÂÂ -Cleaned up some code
ÂÂ -Fixed that when no titles.txt is present that no games are shown
ÂÂ -Added WiiRd remote debugging feature, /sneek/kenobiwii.bin is required to
use it
ÂÂÂÂsettings can be accessed through the SMenu config screen
ÂÂ -Added an option to skip automatically search for new games (improves boot up
time)
ÂÂ -Added an option to rebuild the game cache see SMenu config screen
ÂÂ -Commented most debug stuff out
ÂÂ -Removed unused code
ES:
ÂÂ -Changed many magic values to structs
ÂÂ -Added a function to create all pathes for a title
SMenu:
ÂÂ -Added debugging related options to the settings dialog
ÂÂ -Made cover displaying optional, see options
ÂÂ -When changing game related options the game is reloaded when selecting 'save config'
Code:
DI:
ÂÂÂÂ-Fixed the GameID for WiiRD
ÂÂÂÂ-Fixed that when the game changed no hoo[code]ked was installed
Code:
SNEEK+DI and UNEEK(+DI) are now only using one USB port so the other port should
beusable by other devices now.

However...when trying guitar hero 5 or rock band 2 on uneek+DI, it still fails to register my logitech microphone (which works fine on those games on regular nand). I am using r150, so...am I missing something?
unsure.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But...I am running it through joyflow (will try joyloaderGX as well, but I doubt it'll be any different).

I haven't checked into RB3 yet...I figure that corrupted savegame thingy that game has is something for later (though I can't see how Waninkoko's rev14 has anything to do with it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.