Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know what is SNEEK, but what is SNEEK DI.... what does that DI means?

And does SNEEK and UNEEK means:
SNEEK: S as SD card N as NAND E as Emulatos... and i dont know what other E and K means.....

And UNEEK is the same yust U means USB....

Am i right about all this?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
I know what is SNEEK, but what is SNEEK DI.... what does that DI means?

And does SNEEK and UNEEK means:
SNEEK: S as SD card N as NAND E as Emulatos... and i dont know what other E and K means.....

And UNEEK is the same yust U means USB....

Am i right about all this?

SNEEK: the original version. You won't be able to access your SD card, since that is where the Wii is told that the NAND resides.
UNEEK: The only difference is that the SD card is now accessible. The NAND resides on a USB drive instead of the SD card. I should note that I have not been able to successfully launch much homebrew or any of my VC/WiiWare titles stored on my SD. I still prefer the NAND to be stored on the USB drive, though.
SNEEK+DI: Structured the same as SNEEK (so no SD card access), but the DI module allows for game loading from a USB drive. Hex editing a file or changes to the source or a (very recently released) mod are necessary to allow for game selection. The reason that this is amazing is because the game will appear in the disc channel, and for all intents and purposes, the Wii thinks it's an actual disc. Games that suffer from very annoying compatibillity issues like CoD3, Red Steel, Sam & Max (season 1, 2 is an oddball game , it seems), Monster Hunter Tri, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, etc. work without issue or without fiddling with settings.
UNEEK+DI: Structured the same as UNEEK, but now with game-loading capabilities.

Source:

http://gbatmw.net/showthread.php?tid=13896

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So that's what all those Uneek,sneek,DI things means
laugh.gif
thanks
yaywii.gif

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please tell me what does "Verbose output" in "SNEEK installer v0.1 beta 5 by crediar" means?
blink.gif

I saw that option when i was building SNEEK, and i didnt know weather to chack it or not...and what do i get by checking it?
glare.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
Can someone please tell me what does "Verbose output" in "SNEEK installer v0.1 beta 5 by crediar" means?
blink.gif

I saw that option when i was building SNEEK, and i didnt know weather to chack it or not...and what do i get by checking it?
glare.gif

I think that is to enable debugging module in S/Uneek.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is nothing 0.6 can do that the latest version can't.
ALSO 0.6 is bugged!

QUOTE said:
0.7c
-removed extention based aligning code
-all alignments are now preserved which should take care of any alignment problems

0.7b
-automatically aligns .ast and .adp files to 32k bytes
-added an option to align all files by 32k bytes
-fixed a bug with installing the 2nd disc of a two disc game

0.7(internal)
-added an option to strip all garbage from GC images

0.6b
-fixed a bug with bogus GC image sizes causing a never ending write loop (over/under-dumped images only)

and crediar asked not to rehost anything exactly for that reason (using oudated/bugged stuff)

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.... I hawe some idea and i need someone to guide me and help me with it and to tell me if ii can do that...
ok, so... i hawe wii console 4.0E that i done something to it and now i CAN'T INSTELL ANNYTHING.. NOT A SINGLE THING! now, i was thinking... since i want to play GC games on it, and i dont hawe MIOS patched (i know, i should do that when i 1st softmodded my wii but i didn't
frown.gif
) i was thinking...

CAN i do a NAND dump thanextract it and opened my dumped NAND with program "ShowMii Wads by Leathl" and patch MIOS in there (or if you know diferent method....) and than pack those extracted NAND files into a nand.bin file again and restore it in BootMii... and than i will hawe my MIOS patchet
biggrin.gif

Could i do that?

Please Note that this is only idea, and if you hawe some other radical idea, i will be glad to hear it
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif
D

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Does anyone have a compiled version of DIOS-MIOS? I know GC compatibility is pretty naff, I just wanna give it a shot. The project was scrapped and files removed from googlecode. Please PM me if you can help

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I boot UNEEK without placing files on sd for bootmii? Is there any app that can boot it from USB only?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a question. It's probably been asked before, but this thread is a bit too long to read all the way through it.

Anyway...I have Uneek+DI running (details: see signature). Most of my wiiware runs fine. However, there are a couple that just black screen on me when run. These are usually from region free'd wads, so the original may have been an NTSC (both my wii nand and uneek are PAL).

i have gotten these same nands to work before (in triiforce_mrc and mighty channels), where all I had to do was force NTSC (I have a television that supports both PAL and NTSC).

Is a similar thing possible in uneek?
I know that pressing 1 and the home button allows you to configure some settings, but either I'm doing something wrong, or the settings don't work, as all my efforts thus far have not gotten those games to work.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
I have a question. It's probably been asked before, but this thread is a bit too long to read all the way through it.

Anyway...I have Uneek+DI running (details: see signature). Most of my wiiware runs fine. However, there are a couple that just black screen on me when run. These are usually from region free'd wads, so the original may have been an NTSC (both my wii nand and uneek are PAL).

i have gotten these same nands to work before (in triiforce_mrc and mighty channels), where all I had to do was force NTSC (I have a television that supports both PAL and NTSC).

Is a similar thing possible in uneek?
I know that pressing 1 and the home button allows you to configure some settings, but either I'm doing something wrong, or the settings don't work, as all my efforts thus far have not gotten those games to work.
I don't know for definite on this one, but could this be to do with the region protection on the later system menus? Maybe an older system menu on sneek nand may resolve this, but also, check out the settings in the di menu, I'm pretty sure I saw some region stuff in there.

Also, check showmiiwads, see which IOS the wiiwares run in, make sure these are on your sneek nand.

And lastly, if all else fails, just redownload the wiiwares for the correct region
smile.gif

One strange thing I've noticed, don't know whether its uneek, the wad or what, but I have tried Excitebike wiiware on wifi and it doesn't seem to work in sneek. Tetris party wifi works fine but my excitebike one seems to error when trying to connect to wifi. I'll install it on my real nand sometime and try it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you should get VR then