ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Setting the PATH system variable is better though. Then you don't have to do that in the source each time you update.
I did set it and it still gives me an error. I'll take a pic of it and be back in a few.

Untitled1.jpg

anyone know how to fix this error ?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
FenrirWolf said:
Setting the PATH system variable is better though. Then you don't have to do that in the source each time you update.
I did set it and it still gives me an error. I'll take a pic of it and be back in a few.

Untitled1.jpg

anyone know how to fix this error ?

QUOTE(cthg @ Apr 7 2010, 12:29 AM)
Add C:\python26 to your path environmental variable... Google it plz.
Are you serious ??

I stated above I had it already and I'm still getting errors, that's why I asked for help.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes!

I now have SNEEK+DI working and can load games from the HDD without any issues. Thank you very much for the guide, I would have been lost without it. I'm going to test some of the games that have been giving people trouble through usb loading (CSI: Deadly Intent is the one I'm most interested in). I'll report back after I give 'em a go.

Once again thank you. I will return the favor by keeping an eye on this thread and helping anyone else I can.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
SanGor said:
use the armboot from here http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/list
the rest seemed to compiled just fine
I know where to get the armboot.bin and I know that the rest compiled fine.

What I'm asking for is the answer to my problem. Else, I'm not learning anything.

Thanks for the reply.

ok it seems you are missing the os module, but that's all I can tell you :/
try to reinstall python 2.6 don't have any other idea...

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
ChokeD said:
SanGor said:
use the armboot from here http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/list
the rest seemed to compiled just fine
I know where to get the armboot.bin and I know that the rest compiled fine.

What I'm asking for is the answer to my problem. Else, I'm not learning anything.

Thanks for the reply.

ok it seems you are missing the os module, but that's all I can tell you :/
try to reinstall python 2.6 don't have any other idea...
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and see what happens.

EDIT: well that was it, I don't know where my first installation of python went wrong but I used the python setup file to run a repair on it and it said copying NEW files to my installation and then I compiled the source again and bingo....the armboot.bin was in the mini-tree-mod folder.

Thanks so much for your help SanGor.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
Lyker said:
Tried using this guide. But the screen is black and the drivebay flash: short, long, long.
What does that meen?
Means you either don't have boot2.bin or it's built incorrectly.

Or your SD-card is incompatible. I've also this problem with some cards even with a 1 on 1 copy from a perfect working card whyle they work fine with other purposes on my wii.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
what is the file structure on USB for GC games after you have extracted them with GCTOOL ?
It is the same as Wii games only does not contain the tmd.bin, ticket.bin and cert.bin.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
diddy81 said:
what is the file structure on USB for GC games after you have extracted them with GCTOOL ?

"AppLoader.ldr" -> apploader.img
"Game.toc" -> fst.bin
"ISO.hdr" -> this file seems to be boot.bin with bi2.bin you have to devide it. first 0x440 bytes boot.bin, then the next 0x2000 bytes for the bi2.bin
"Start.dol" -> main.dol

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
diddy81 said:

"Game.toc" -> fst.bin
"ISO.hdr" -> this file seems to be boot.bin with bi2.bin you have to devide it. first 0x440 bytes boot.bin, then the next 0x2000 bytes for the bi2.bin
"Start.dol" -> main.dol

do i have to rename all the files to the wii sys names then ??

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have most of this thing working, but I would like to get HBC installed and running. I have that install channel and the boot.elf in all 4 spots it says to have it in, but it still launches, then quits to the System Menu without doing anything. I had it suggested that I need to make sure I have IOS61 installed, and I tried that but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
dancemonkey said:
diddy81 said:

"Game.toc" -> fst.bin
"Start.dol" -> main.dol

do i have to rename all the files to the wii sys names then ??
Yup. Just rename them and split ISO.hdr as outlined. The DI module will detect the game on the drive, but the game won't actually boot yet. That'll come in some future update.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
So I have most of this thing working, but I would like to get HBC installed and running. I have that install channel and the boot.elf in all 4 spots it says to have it in, but it still launches, then quits to the System Menu without doing anything. I had it suggested that I need to make sure I have IOS61 installed, and I tried that but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

I had the same problems until I tried a different SD card. I always install IOS61 on a fresh NAND before installing HBC.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could it be because I'm using the wrong boot2 or something? I think I'm using the boot2_usb. I have everything I can try from the USB drive, but I'm grasping at straws here.

Should I use a virgin 3.2U, then make sure IOS61 is installed, then install HBC, then upgrade to 4.2U?

I don't know if that would be better.

Thanks for all the input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5