1. ChokeD

OP ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    Yeah, I was wondering till I seen the edit [​IMG]

2. ChokeD

United States
    Assuming your going to update with online-ninty 4.2 it would wipe out HBC and that's not good.

Edit: I would think update first, then re-install a IOS61, then HBC with showmiiwads. But I'm not sure so....

3. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The 4.2 update does not wipe out the newest (JODI) HBC.

4. ChokeD

United States
    hmm, I must have had the old and not known it then cause when I updated it wiped mine out. Nice to know man thanks.

5. NeoKamek

NeoKamek Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can get this to work fine with USB thumb drives, but when I try my larger external HDDs, it just craps out and dies. The drives aren't even that big, just a 10GB and 50GB...

I submitted an issue report and USB Gecko dump logs to the Google Code site here.

6. xyourmomx

xyourmomx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can get it working from SD just fine. But when I copy the folders to USB (which is active and primary) and use the usb boot2 instead. I get no video signal or anything. Any ideas?

It's the newest revision of SNEEK. I'm making sure boot2_usb.bin is renamed to boot2.bin and on both the USB and SD card.

No flash of the drive, it just turns on and then no video signal, no wiimote sync. Whereas the boot2_sd.bin with the files on the SD work just fine. I'd like to use this as a replacement for triiforce.

7. ChokeD

United States
    Try here you might find some answers.

http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQDI

8. xyourmomx

xyourmomx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    according to the TC, since i'm using boot2_usb.bin (to use the USB as a NAND Emulator) then I wouldn't even mess with DI or anything related, even the compile of SNEEK says (USB as NAND, no DI)

So I looked on the link you gave me (As I had before) and I don't see what you'd be pointing me too as it all talks about using the USB to load Wii games off it using SD Nand with DI. That's not what i'm doing here. But I do appreciate your help... and if there is something there that you think will help me and I missed it, i'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm an idiot. You are the TC. Haha! So yeah, any tips you got.

9. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    so I have another one of those HBC questions...
    I've a NAND created from scratch and I'm now successfully running 4.2U on UNEEK.
    I also have followed the instructions to install HBC Installer - HBCI.wad to UNEEK NAND
    put hackmii installer to sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf

But when I click the HBC in UNEEK, it would eventually reboot back to the main menu after a few seconds, whereas the installer itself has never come up. No error messages, no scam screens, it just returns to the main menu.
    How can I install HBC on UNEEK, so I can access my apps in SD?

10. drmarvin

drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    exactly my problem. no matter what I do (virgin 3.2U, updated 4.2U), I can't get it to install. Also, is there a way to install preloader or something so it's not always asking to update?

Thanks

11. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

open the HBC Installer - HBCI.wad in customizemii
    go to options and change the startup IOS to 30
    hit create wad to save it
    then install it to you sneek nand and open it

12. arasium

arasium GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hi everybody.

I haven't any pb compiling sneek (either uneek or sneek+DI). But, if i want to create a virgin nand, i can't continue.

I mean, i see a white screen "Press A to continue", but i can't resync my wiimotes (i use the red buttons), so i can't press A [​IMG]

Is someone has an idea? Do i need to put some files from my nand dump in order to don't resync my wiimotes?

13. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Great guide ChokeD I followed it and it worked. Well my interest is on playing wiiware games so my version is the SD only.
    Btw, can I load the wiiware from usb? I know the normal wii games would but how about wiiware. Reason for this is of course I ran it in my SD.
    Also, quick question in the emulated NAND if I goto its setting and click the system update will my real NAND be updated? thanks

Nevermind, I got Uneek working now my wiiwares are loaded from USB now.[​IMG]

14. The-Lion

The-Lion Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    So is it already possible to launch GC games from USB?

15. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Using SYSCONF from your original NAND may work, but you should not have to do that. You should definitely be able to resync your Wiimotes. Try standing back further from the Wii? Change batteries?

16. NiKKrO

NiKKrO Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi,

i've a problem with a 3.2U Nand on a 4.2E Wii. I made a virgin 3.2U nand with showmiiwads. I've decrypted my setting.txt and re-encrypted.

Changeg from
    CODEAREA=EUR
    MODEL=RVL-001(EUR)
    DVD=0
    MPCH=0x7FFE
    CODE=LEH
    SERNO=XXXXXXXXX
    VIDEO=PAL
    GAME=EU

to
    CODEAREA=USA
    MODEL=RVL-001(USA)
    DVD=0
    MPCH=0x7FFE
    CODE=LU
    SERNO=XXXXXXXXX
    VIDEO=NTSC
    GAME=US

To make a good 3.2U virgin nand, i've installed NTSC version of hidden channel EULA and region changer, Sysmenu v289 and ios30v1440.
    The first boot is ok, i can set all parameters and i've also tried to update (it work). But when i power off and try to reboot the ntsc nand, i get only black screen. I don't understand why i can boot the nand just one time. I have the problem with sneek and uneek r78 and r85 (yesterday i tried to re-compile sneek but no change). With a 4.2E nand, sneek works perfectly

17. ChokeD

United States
    They show up but no, GC will not launch just yet.

18. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The menu dealy works in 4.2u now, so I'd just forget about region changing the nand.

19. ChokeD

United States
    and why go back to a 3.2U instead of a 4.2U you could have.

20. NiKKrO

NiKKrO Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    i start from a 3.2U just to have o good virgin nand, then i planned to update to 4.2. I'am downloading on nus 4.2 sysmenu and ios70 to try directly in 4.2U. It's just strange that i can boot just one time on this clean nand

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SNEEK+DI, quick, guide