Snake Eater 3D to include elements from other series.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Metal-Gear-Solid-3DS.jpg

It is confirmed.

QUOTE said:
The player controls and some other well-received elements from MGS4 and Peace Walker have been implemented into the game. The camera from Subsistence has been adopted, as well as elements of the free roaming camera system that was implemented in MGS4 and Peace Walker.

The source is here.

Sorry if this is old news, but this addition seems good. I just hope there won't be framerate issues, cuz MGS is one of the games I'm looking forward to on the 3DS.

BTW, this game is demoed again at ComicCon (San Diego - July 21 to 24).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's an overhaul to the gameplay (haters gonna hate but I liked how Peace Walker played) then this may turn out to be the title I was hoping for and I may stop giving the 3DS so much crap if it is.

Otherwise, I want some gameplay vids to show it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
If it's an overhaul to the gameplay (haters gonna hate but I liked how Peace Walker played) then this may turn out to be the title I was hoping for and I may stop giving the 3DS so much crap if it is.

Otherwise, I want some gameplay vids to show it.
If you've read the other posts, you should know how disappointed I was.

This, together with the possibility of MH, were the only news which gave me the 'faith' to keep the 3DS

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:

This, together with the possibility of MH, were the only news which gave me the 'faith' to keep the 3DS

No offense, I just find it ironic that a lot of people are finding that the only games that could really "save" the 3DS are the same games that made the PSP so popular.

TBH though even with some changes, it's still a ridiculous price tag when there's the HD Collection out there. I think I'll just settle for that.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

No offense, I just find it ironic that a lot of people are finding that the only games that could really "save" the 3DS are the same games that made the PSP so popular.

TBH though even with some changes, it's still a ridiculous price tag when there's the HD Collection out there. I think I'll just settle for that.
Which is also coming for vita.
ohnoes.png

Man I really feel like giving up my 3DS... As my anticipated games are cancelled and the rest don't seem as 'worth'.

Now, tell me that Conduit 3D is cancelled as well... And malleo postponed to mid 2012. No true improvements on online. Great.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
While I've sold my 3DS because I've just completely given up on Nintendo, stop thinking about the games it could have and think of the games it is getting.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

ohnoes.png

Man I really feel like giving up my 3DS... As my anticipated games are cancelled and the rest don't seem as 'worth'.

Now, tell me that Conduit 3D is cancelled as well... And malleo postponed to mid 2012. No true improvements on online. Great.

Sell it
happy.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
ohnoes.png

Ugh... There's still Kid Icarus. There's still Time Travelers. There's still Phoenix Wright versus Professor Layton. There's still Beyond the Labyrinth. There's still a tonne of epic games coming out for the console and it's not even a year old yet... Just because Capcom are being idiots doesn't mean the console is dead. Even the DS took ages to finally kick off, it was over a year until we even got an RPG, so I don't exactly get why everyone is jumping ship so soon.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't have the intention to sell off my 3DS, yet. Yes, these devs and Nintendo have made me extremely disappointed, but I still find it better to have best of both worlds.

@wintrale none of these titles exactly appeal to me, but yeah a little too early to decide. However I'm still disappointed as the cancelled games were ones I'm hoping... there's more but it just hurts to type

D

Deleted_171835

I'll be getting this game if only because I haven't played Snake Eater and don't own a PS3/360, yet to play the HD collection. And with the lack of good 3DS games being released in the near future, this should give me something to play.

Guild McCommunist said:
Not everybody has a PS3/360. Although I am getting a PS3.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am now a VERY happy camper. This is going to be the Twin Snakes of MGS 3, and God knows how much I loved MGS2 (I know Twin Snakes is a remake of 1, but it used elements from 2).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:

You can buy a Xbox 360 and probably a new copy of MGS HD Collection for less than a 3DS costs. I find saying "Not everyone has Console X" is a really poor excuse nowadays. It didn't help the Wii, it's not helping the 3DS.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
SoulSnatcher said:

You can buy a Xbox 360 and probably a new copy of MGS HD Collection for less than a 3DS costs. I find saying "Not everyone has Console X" is a really poor excuse nowadays. It didn't help the Wii, it's not helping the 3DS.
But everyone had the Wii.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

PSP was popular?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
chris888222 said:
Now, tell me that Conduit 3D is cancelled as well
Sorry to tell you but "Conduit 3D" doesn't exist. There was a playable tech demo and HV digs a Conduit game in the 3DS but it was never confirmed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it saw the same future Legends 3 saw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs