OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
...yeah

QUOTE said:
Today, April, 28, 2008, the Apple store called and informed me that due to the computer having been used in a house where there was smoking, that has voided the warranty and they refuse to work on the machine, due to "health risks of second hand smoke".

(...)

Dena [from Jobs' office] did advise me that nicotine is on OSHA's list of hazardous substances and Apple would not require an employee to repair anything deemed hazardous to their health.

However, OSHA also lists calcium carbonate (found everywhere, including drinking water), rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide (found in hair), sucrose (SUGAR, fer fuckssake), talc (as in powder), etc... as "hazardous substances."

rolleyes.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSHA is getting to be in the class with PETA more BS than legitimate warnings and advocacy, take an OSHA certified class and you'll know.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having pulled apart a few machines that resided in the offices or houses of those who smoke near them I can testify that they are not nice things. Most are just yellow dust but some that appear to have been hotboxed end up with a substance so thick I am half convinced it is actually a solid.

On the other hand when I should play taking over the world know that I will take health and safety people with me.... I only leave them around now as they can usually be ignored but aimed correctly and they can take down projects that are bound to fail.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple....are you shitting me?
wtf.gif
It's not like you are inhaling the cigar itself. Plus, you really shouldn't be working at a company that handles electronics where there are many hazards if you are afraid of a little smoke.

Wow Apple. Just wow.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.