Hacking Smashstack exploit or Indianapwns hack options for Japan region 4.2J

senkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,

What are the alternatives to run custom code for JPN region consoles on sysmenu 4.2J?

1. Smashstack is a no-go as Comex said that it only works on the _US_ version of SSB Brawl (RSBE).

2. Indianapwns won't work as there never was a release for Japan.

Are the workarounds so far only valid for US and EU consoles?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try opening up the zip and navigate to indiana-pwns.zip\private\wii\title\

You'll see three folders in there. rile = NTSC-U, rilj = NTSC-J, rilp = PAL

senkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fenrir,

Thanks, I see that in the package. Just that the Indy game was never released for NTSC J region?

So my question is, if one were to use the US game, it won't work as it is out of region right? So how/which/what do you run to get the exploit payload?

Edit: Region patch?

senkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, only US and EU.

And my brain is muddled, region patching won't work as the disc won't be recognized.

So, I think unless there is a new Bannerbomb, JP region 4.2 is fcuked right now.

senkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tongue.gif
I think they got the code done and just changed the bits for the 3 different regions, without realizing there wasn't a release for JP.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what about if you try putting in the ntsc-u game disc with freeloader or some sort of commercially available region free-ing disc (?) and loading the J or U save files?

Edit: not sure if the latest available versions of freeloader would work on 4.2 :/

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeloader stopped working as soon as the trucha-bug was patched. Of course you can always repatch all your IOS's but GeckoOS is a much better way to do region free anyway.

Also, comex released a test version of bannerbomb for 4.2 in a thread here. Go test it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now