Hacking Smash Wii U hacking help - Giving Pac-Man a voice

Mario123311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a while back, I made this mod in particular: http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30695

But I want to take it further by making it an actual voice as well as adding pain and death sounds. The problem is I tried Sm4shCommand and nothing I looked up or used has been any helpful. I'm requesting assistance as I really could use help on getting any of this to work. It would really mean a lot to me as I cannot figure out what the hell I am supposed to do in Smash command as all of his SFX slots I read in the program seem to list "Unknown", "Empty List" or some crap.

I was told to use Sm4shCommand by somebody on gamebanana but almost nothing that they said seems to apply to the version I am using, I've downloaded several versions and they are still a bitch to even understand.
Sure thing. I've been testing it pretty thoroughly, so I've got most aspects of it down.

You'll need Sammi Husky's Smash Command to do it. I'll skip the how to get that program up and running part and to the actual SFX editing of it.

Once you know your way around, navigate to the move you want to edit and go to the SFX tab, then you'll need to know the Hex ID for your characters SFX or Voice Bank and the specific ID for the SFX you want to play.

Pac Man's SFX Hex IDs are as follows:
SFX = 0x769
VC = 0x775

The specific IDs for his SFX are the Hex offsets at the start of his exported IDSPs that the old method would uses. The "0x0-snd_vc_Marth_001.idsp", the offset for that file would be 0x0.

For Marth, 0x0 was his Shield Breaker Voice and would look like this in Smash Command: 0x49000000

To change it to a different ID, let's say I want him to use a counter quote (IDSP 0x3) I'd change it to: 0x49000003

If you want to add a SFX to a move where he didn't normally use one, add a new line in the code, preferably after the Asynchronous_Timer command (which sets when a SFX plays) and input this:

Play_Sound(SFX=0x775000xx) with "xx" being the ID of the sound you want to use. The above example points to Pac Mans Voice Nusbank, so you can use that as a template. There should be no space between Play_Sound and "("

After you're done editing and save your changes, all you need is the sound.bin placed in the right folder pacman/script/animcmd/body

These edits are wifi safe from my current testing as well, so good luck.

Last edited by Mario123311,
Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

I don't know how to run Sm4shCommand but you can make your NUS3BANK file to replace pac man's voice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.