Hacking Smash Selector won't load any mods

CGGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an 11.3 N3ds with a9lh, luma, and ntr. I'm trying to use smash selector so I can switch between two different NEOS and Turbo'd. All the Smash Selector settings are configured correctly, and the game boots up, but with no mods. The directory looks like this:

saltysdMODS/Slot_1/(mod files with the desc.txt file)

It's also worth noting that I'm trying to run the mods on a sky3ds cart with SSB3ds. I get a "removed sd card error...boot to home menu" error, so I have to select as a cia. After the game boots with smash selector, it makes a regular saltysd folder on root, with all the files of the mod I tried to launch. I just upgraded my luma, and the option for external code loading is replaced with a patched game option, so I just checked that instead

bobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account just to say this: If you're using the latest version of smash selector, set the option that asks whether you're using a CIA or cartridge to the opposite of what it should be (If you have the CIA put it to cartridge and vice versa)

bobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah sorry, I read your post wrong. Is "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" enabled? If not do so in your luma settings (hold select while booting), and do you have the bins in your /luma/code_sections/ ? If not here they are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7555wcks1m9n84/codes.zip?dl=1 . It's in the code folder in the zip.

(I got the link from the original thread for smash selector)

EDIT: Try not to use a nightly build, I have the latest version of Luma (6.6) and it still has
"Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code"
proof.jpg

Proof ^

Last edited by bobbio,

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Anyone else have this problem?

It's same issue as mine, selecting Enable region/language emu and ext. code doesn't work either.

bobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else have this problem?

It's same issue as mine, selecting Enable region/language emu and ext. code doesn't work either.
For what it's worth I've tested and confirmed that you need to be on a normal version of Luma (Not hourly/nightly), and don't mix mod packs. And if you haven't already get the .bin for your region of smash (all three are provided from the original thread).

If you've done everything and it still doesn't work just do it the old fashioned way, one mod pack only, by putting the mods in /saltysd/smash .

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
That works perfectly fine after realizing I forgot to put code.bin in the code_sections folder inside luma, thanks for the suggestion. ^^

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
For what it's worth I've tested and confirmed that you need to be on a normal version of Luma (Not hourly/nightly), and don't mix mod packs. And if you haven't already get the .bin for your region of smash (all three are provided from the original thread).

If you've done everything and it still doesn't work just do it the old fashioned way, one mod pack only, by putting the mods in /saltysd/smash .
I have changed to normal version, still doesn't work, im going try re-do everthing and let's see if i find a workaround

kj1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had some stange problems too, even if i dont have mods turned on, my smash game runs slow and stays that way, even if i have no mod files even on the 3ds, no options turned on the luma boot screen.

ApexDevelopment

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a reliable solution to this? I'm still having issues, my sm4sh is stuck on Turbo'd and nothing I do in smash-selector changes it. I had to manually delete my modpack from root/saltysd. I have "Enable region/language emu and ext. code" turned on and all necessary codes in root/luma/code_sections.

EDIT: Smash doesn't even start now. I get "An error has occued" and my system restarts.

EDIT2: I've made my own "Smash Selector" type thing that swaps mods by renaming them, it works better than Smash Selector does lmao

EDIT3: It seems 11.3 broke Smash Selector somehow?

Last edited by ApexDevelopment,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: