Hacking Smash Bros/Online Play/EUR Release/USA Console

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The patch doesn't seem to be available on the American region, how come you guys are able to download it? I'm guessing you can only find it being redirected by the game, am I wrong?

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch doesn't seem to be available on the American region, how come you guys are able to download it? I'm guessing you can only find it being redirected by the game, am I wrong?

theres no patch out yet for the eur or us version
scratch that i couldnt update it on a us console and it needs the update for online play

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
theres no patch out yet for the eur or us version
scratch that i couldnt update it on a us console and it needs the update for online play

As I can understand, people here are reporting that they have been able to play online, so that means you can only see the patch if the game redirects you to the eShop.

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I can understand, people here are reporting that they have been able to play online, so that means you can only see the patch if the game redirects you to the eShop.

I don't understand how Nintendo would release an update for a game that hasn't been officially released yet

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
anyone able to accept the new terms on eshop? I keep getting a error

for anyone still having issues accessing the eshop (error 022-***) only way i could get past it was by formatting emunand and starting fresh, i have never had a problem accessing eshop before, the only thing i can think of that i have done recently was accept the terms update on a US game, not sure if thats what caused it

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

Apologies for being such a noob but I wonder if anyone can help? I've never used the eshop before so is there anything I have to watch out for so I don't update my sysnand by mistake? How do I go about finding the Smash bros update on it and do i have to accept any terms and conditions (and is it okay to do so)?

cheers,

r

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for anyone still having issues accessing the eshop (error 022-***) only way i could get past it was by formatting emunand and starting fresh, i have never had a problem accessing eshop before, the only thing i can think of that i have done recently was accept the terms update on a US game, not sure if thats what caused it
I'm in the UK, I was having that issue until just now but I've just managed to get the update. No emunand formatting needed, just restarted my DS a few times. I'm not sure if it was because of this or just because eshop was having issues.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm in the UK, I was having that issue until just now but I've just managed to get the update. No emunand formatting needed, just restarted my DS a few times. I'm not sure if it was because of this or just because eshop was having issues.
see i went back to my old emunand after i successfully updated on the new one, and it does exactly the same thing over and over....idk maybe it got screwed up or something, but it wouldnt even let me connect to eshop, as soon as i set it up again it worked first try

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
It was a bug, my legit 3DS couldn't even accept it.
They now removed the terms and conditions it seems cause I can access eshop and download patch.

Online is working :lol:

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also just got past the stupid error screen, I'm in eShop for the first time. I was having major issues booting into gateway mode, it failed 8 times in a row. The only way I got into it was holding L down and booting from the menu. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Anyway I can't see the update im on an EU console with the EU rom. Could they have removed it I reckon they're very aware people are playing this game early right now.

Nevermind, wen't the game redirecting me route.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
can't see the update either -do you have to have Smash bros ready to play for the update to be available? thanks to anyone that can help me out!

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where do you guys find the update? I can't find it in the eshop, and the game just gives me an error saying I need a newer version of the game when I try to play online. I'm on an EU console with the EU rom.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where do you guys find the update? I can't find it in the eshop, and the game just gives me an error saying I need a newer version of the game when I try to play online. I'm on an EU console with the EU rom.

when you load the rom to the homescreen, keep the stylus down on 'open'and a sub menu will appear, press Y and it'll redirect you to the update! :D

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it save to use a real nintendo id to go online (and download games from the shop) while using the Gateway?
Or is it better to create a new id for use with the Gateway card?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it save to use a real nintendo id to go online (and download games from the shop) while using the Gateway?
Or is it better to create a new id for use with the Gateway card?

You'll have to create a new NNID anyway unless your doing a system transfer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not