Wii U game pad left stick drifts

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Prophit, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Prophit
    OP

Prophit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    So I modded my wii u and everything works fine when it comes to wii u and wii games. When I load up gamecube games and use the gamepad the left stick drifts causing the character to move. Is there anyway to fix this? It doesn't seem to effect OEM Wii U pro controllers.I deleted and reinstalled nintendont with the lastest dol and xml files and it didn't change anything

2. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I just blow up inside mine like old cartdridge and works. The same for nds L and R buttons when they stuck

Last edited by soniccomcisbr, Nov 30, 2019
  3. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    had the same thing with banjo kazooie,seems joysticks are more sensitive in the n64 games and sometimes it's really frustrating. i replaced the left stick with a brand new one and it worked a little bit better

4. Prophit
    OP

Prophit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    that's the thing I don't think it's a hardware problem as when I play any Wii U games like breath of the wild I there's no drift it's only on gamecube games.I was looking into seeing if I can manually adjust them in a config file but all I've found is a controller.ini editor and zip file. The instructions aren't clear as to where to drop them or how to configure controllers

5. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    It's the GC emulator that is more sensitieve. I had a only a Little bit off drift in the Wiiu home menu, never in games. It was verry cheap to get a new stick so i directly replaced it.you can try to recenter the joysticks i think you have to press a,b,+,- together for 5 sec to recenter .there Will be no notification

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted