ROM Hack Smash Bros. Custom Music

LinktoNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe it can work. If you're able to install CIAs, you can install a modified CIA of the latest update, and include custom music files in there.

I really want to get into this. Can you recommend a tutorial on how to install them?

Also, do you need gateway in order to do this?

LinktoNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need a CFW. Gateway, Palantine, PBT... any CFW that can install .cia.
I would like to know too how to make these custom cia if possible please.

Aww, really? I didn't know that. I thought this could be done through the sd card since i have the game.

D

Deleted User

Aww, really? I didn't know that. I thought this could be done through the sd card since i have the game.

I wonder if there's actually any way to do that...
I believe the downloadable versions of games use their own format, so maybe you'd have to convert games to that format, and then re-encrypt them in such a way that you could use them on your system.
I don't know if that could work out though. I doubt it would.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if there's actually any way to do that...
I believe the downloadable versions of games use their own format, so maybe you'd have to convert games to that format, and then re-encrypt them in such a way that you could use them on your system.
I don't know if that could work out though. I doubt it would.

The signature would be broken if you do that. There is no way to play unsigned application in sysNAND at the moment.

Reactions: Deleted User

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my method for modifying the update.

You'll need to have the latest update from the eShop installed. The first thing you need to do is use BigBlueMenu, and check the version number of that update. For Smash Bros., the version number for update 1.0.7 is 10.12.0. Remember that number. You'll need to decrypt your emuNAND SD card content, and look for the xorpads for 0004000E000EDF00. Decrypt the .app files, and the larger file should be treated as a regular .3DS file. You'll then need to decrypt that. I used Relys' tools for both the SD card and NCCH decryption, so I'm not sure if rxTools will work as well.

You can follow Asia81's tutorial for rebuilding ORAS in order to properly decrypt the exheader, exefs, and romfs. In the RSF file, set Category to Patch, and RemasterVersion to the first piece of the version number for that update. In the case for Smash Bros., I set RemasterVersion: "10". UseOnSD, EnableCompress, and FreeProductCode are true, EnableCrypt and MediaFootPadding are false.

Instead of building a cci to a .3ds file, build as a cxi to a .cxi file.

Code:
makerom -f cxi -rsf smashUpdate.rsf -exheader updateExheader.bin -exefslogo -code updateExefs/code.bin -icon updateExefs/icon.bin -banner updateExefs/banner.bin -o smashUpdate.cxi

Then inject the decrypted updateExheader.bin into smashUpdate.cxi, and build the cia. The minor number will be the second piece of the version number, and micro will be the final piece. In my case for Smash Bros., micro is 12, and minor is 0.

makerom -f cia -o smashUpdate.cia -content smashUpdate.cxi:0:0 -minor 12 -micro 0

Then copy the .cia file to your SD card, and make sure your custom CIA and the actual update have the same version number. Uninstall the real update, then install your CIA.

Also, I'm adding an IDSP builder option to my fork of Revolution B later. It's the format used in Sm4sh. I'll write something to inject the newly built IDSP into the original nus3bank. I will attempt to edit the Corneria conversation nus3bank as well. It'll be more difficult, since it contains multiple streams.

Reactions: medoli900

LinktoNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just got back from work. Going to try this. Wish me luck! :)

EDIT: Will this work with 3DS Ver. 9.7.0-25U or do i have to downgrade it?

Sorry if i ask this, kinda of a noob here.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yus!
I finally got the .3ds decrypted. I don't know why I've uninstalled this "application", but it works. Now I just have to rebuild the rom. I'll follow Asia81 from here :3

soneek Is it safe to go online with custom music? I guess not, since we are modifying the size of the .nus3bank. If so, making "CRS07 - Online Practice Stage" a choice in BrawlCustomMusic is pretty much pointless :P

Edit: I just saw that the "Controls" menu use the same song, so it is not completely useless :P

OwenSmart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished implementing nus3bank downloading into Brawl Custom Music. I have it set up so that you can select which song you want to replace, and it'll automatically rename the download for you. I'll add sorting by stage, menu, Smash Run only, etc. later. I'll show an example. Let's say we wanted to put Tales of Symphonia music over Dark Pit's theme (Lloyd Irving for Smash!).

nus3bankdl.jpg

On a song page, choose "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" from the "Download or add to template for" menu, and then choose whatever song you wanna replace. A "Download NUS3BANK" link will pop up under that, and you're good to go. I'll add something for people to build custom lists later. Let me know if you guys have any questions, and I'll be happy to work with someone for an offline converter at some point. My method is BRSTM->NUS3BANK.

P.S. I added Wii U support as well.
Where does the file go?

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can't go to brawlcustommusic anymore. Avast flags it and all links to the site as malware. Is it possible to release an offline brstm->nus3bank convertor? Also it would be good for putting non video-game music into Sm4sh, since we can't put it on BCM

Reactions: cvskid

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to give this a little bump... Kind of thought Sm4sh hacking would be like, way more popular but after a lot of googling around I am still left with just this thread about music hacking. Anyway, this nus3bank file business, is there anyone who can explain what that is/does a little better? I'm assuming from the little blurb here that it isn't for anything cfw related right? Seems like the 3ds game modding scene hasn't really taken off yet... Or maybe I just got spoiled with the wii scene...

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished implementing nus3bank downloading into Brawl Custom Music. I have it set up so that you can select which song you want to replace, and it'll automatically rename the download for you. I'll add sorting by stage, menu, Smash Run only, etc. later. I'll show an example. Let's say we wanted to put Tales of Symphonia music over Dark Pit's theme (Lloyd Irving for Smash!).

nus3bankdl.jpg

On a song page, choose "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" from the "Download or add to template for" menu, and then choose whatever song you wanna replace. A "Download NUS3BANK" link will pop up under that, and you're good to go. I'll add something for people to build custom lists later. Let me know if you guys have any questions, and I'll be happy to work with someone for an offline converter at some point. My method is BRSTM->NUS3BANK.

P.S. I added Wii U support as well.
where is this website?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...