• Replies 1,584
  • Likes 7

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. I really need @Caseyfam 's help with UV mapping and other stuffs. Sure that my Ness64 model is a success. But the textures are horrifying.
I can help yah uv editing isn't that hard

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well. I really need @Caseyfam 's help with UV mapping and other stuffs. Sure that my Ness64 model is a success. But the textures are horrifying.
if you can help me with model importing

Really? Shovel knight over toon link doesn't crash for me, the model is just messed up
pics or it didn't happen

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unwrap UVs, choose select by vertices or select by polygons(I prefer polygons because it's easier), select the area that you want to edit, open the UV map and load your texture so you can see where all of the UV's belong, right click your selected UV's and click detach edge vertices(this will make the selected area into a sepeate UV island.), and finally move the selected UV's over the preferred area of the texture. Done

Reactions: Caseyfam

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really sucks I wanted to keep waluigi a surprise I made a render and everything
Waluigi 64.png

I have a question my brother got the latest version of smash selector on his 2ds and he has long loading times and alot of the custom stages dont work also he cant do sfx over specific slots I have to old version of smash selector and I get no such problems any help please?

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't give it a texture either, but this is a decent proof of concept. The model is successfully imported over toon link without crashing. :P

So IDK what your doing to make Toon link crash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I feel like I should say this, I don't feel like finishing this model or my Goku, model importing is too time consuming for me right now, the only model I'll probably import is Chun-li over Ryu once I have the model I need. But… I'll gladly hand over the progress I've made on both Goku and Shovel knight to someone willing to take the time to finish them.

Attachments

• IMG_6245.JPG
    IMG_6245.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Last edited by Deleted member 400504,
Reactions: EmulatorLover

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Unwrap UVs, choose select by vertices or select by polygons(I prefer polygons because it's easier), select the area that you want to edit, open the UV map and load your texture so you can see where all of the UV's belong, right click your selected UV's and click detach edge vertices(this will make the selected area into a sepeate UV island.), and finally move the selected UV's over the preferred area of the texture. Done
Still the same.
Edit: Hey! It worked! I just had to use Back/Front mapping instead of Box Mapping.
http://imgur.com/a/9mPyt
I'll be doing the facial expression soon.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Miguel Gomez how did you get the model to work I tried using ssb_modders tutorial and it crashed if you used 3dsmax can you give a tutorial please? much appriecated

@Miguel Gomez how did you get the model to work I tried using ssb_modders tutorial and it crashed if you used 3dsmax can you give a tutorial please? much appriecated
and if I follow caseyfam's tutorial it has those hideous part of the previos model are still there

I didn't give it a texture either, but this is a decent proof of concept. The model is successfully imported over toon link without crashing. :P

So IDK what your doing to make Toon link crash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I feel like I should say this, I don't feel like finishing this model or my Goku, model importing is too time consuming for me right now, the only model I'll probably import is Chun-li over Ryu once I have the model I need. But… I'll gladly hand over the progress I've made on both Goku and Shovel knight to someone willing to take the time to finish them.
what tutorial are you guys using?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country

and if I follow caseyfam's tutorial it has those hideous part of the previos model are still there
Well. I can't fix the broken model part. For the textures, I used Back/Front Mapping on Unwrap UVW. But hey, I forgot to show you this.
Fixed Ness 64 Head
1st Vertices Mod
HNI_0086.JPG

However, it will only appear when Ness attacks. The rest will make his head invisible. Will be fixing this issue soon.

Special Addition:
HNI_0085.JPG

Will be using Vertices soon.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country

While reading the end part of SSB Modder's guide, I found out that the number of mesh aren't messed up.
As seen from this image:
CeZoFjk.png

It looks pretty arrange.
But when you look at mine:
Q9k4wCm.png

It's pretty messed up.

I better find a way to arrange this meshes.

Attachments

• SSB.png
    SSB.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 129

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While reading the end part of SSB Modder's guide, I found out that the number of mesh aren't messed up.
As seen from this image:
CeZoFjk.png

It looks pretty arrange.
But when you look at mine:
Q9k4wCm.png

It's pretty messed up.

I better find a way to arrange this meshes.
so you used ssb_modders? I did too and it crashes maybe its how the stuff is arranged I guess

Kudos2u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I look at a replay there is a problem, the Voice clips and sound effects go mute. I have no idea why this keeps happening, the sounds are fine during normal play just not in a replay. Any ideas for a fix?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
no, i just happen to post a bunch of guides, this is for everything guides, discussions, mods etc...
Oh.

Anyways, I finally found another method to do Model Import without Blender.
I might gonna have to make a guide about it soon once I make the entire body visible in idle animation.
Most of the models use Vertices.
V8SPhUf.jpg

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

flarewolf56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can someone please make a lilie and nebby model swap for rosalina theres one for smash bros on wii u idk if this is the right place to make a request but there are so many cool mods for smash bros on wii u and hardly any on 3ds i dont have a computer or the skills to make a custom texture or model myself so if anyone could do this for me i would greatly appreciate it i have a few characters i would love to see in smash bros for 3ds one of them being krystal from starfox with her own moveset and her using her magic staff from starfox adventures if someone can do that to please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...