• Replies 1,584
  • Likes 7

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ay caramba dios mio! I speak Spanish!

Anyways, I gotta try that. What do you mean "don't use Mario"?
I'm not allowed to edit Mario's model and import Mario 64?
Edit: Even though Mario's mesh names are messed up(blink set as body), but I'm fine with that as long as I know how to locate thhe original mesh.

Might gonna try model import Kirby then.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I noticed that Falcon's outline is missing.
We can't make custom outlines yet. Best we can do is make an empty outline so that only the custom model shows up.

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the outlines don't work like pokémon games? its a another 3D model? like whats happen with ganondor64 import?
edge.mbn is clearly a model format, it's just that Ohana 3DS can't read it so we can't export it. I'm assuming it has some special properties or whatever. And yeah, the Ganondorf n64 import is an example of a custom model looking awful with the default edge.mbn. The Gordon Freeman import is an example of a custom model with an empty edge.mbn file.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
edge.mbn is clearly a model format, it's just that Ohana 3DS can't read it so we can't export it. I'm assuming it has some special properties or whatever. And yeah, the Ganondorf n64 import is an example of a custom model looking awful with the default edge.mbn. The Gordon Freeman import is an example of a custom model with an empty edge.mbn file.
so if we cant edit the edge.mbn how smb emptied the outline model?

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if we cant edit the edge.mbn how smb emptied the outline model?
I was gonna post about it later but the jist of it is to hex edit.

Open up your edge.mbn in a hex editor (like HXD) and there's a section you need to fill with empty data. The best advice I can give (and how I figured out what goes where) is to take the vanilla Marth's edge.mbn file and compare it to the Gordon Freeman edge.mbn file in HXD. That'll give you an idea of where you need to fill in the 0's.

Also, pretty sure edge.mbn is different for C0X and H0X costume slots, so you'll need to do this twice. Comparing the Marth edge.mbn's, I was able to create empty Mario and Ganondorf edge.mbn files. I'm assuming it'd be a similar process for all characters.

Last edited by Caseyfam,

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried something with Falcon and it took nowhere near as long. Basically, don't use Mario until you know what you're doing.

hbRVaL1.jpg

It needs work but that's a quick import I did in 5 minutes basically just going through Noesis.
can you give me a link to this?

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking more on the mod side, I found a better Goku model on game banana that I want to work with but I would need to get the model and textures from the nut and nud files it comes with. Of course because it's an existing mod, if I successfully ported it I would give credit to the original mod creator.
you should just get a goku model on models resource

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment