ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a low-quality model texture? I believe characters have separate models for pause vs in-game, maybe it's the same with stages.
It does a similar thing in game, but there is most likely lower quality textures involved. As far as I know, they aren't with the stages files...
Going to poke around some more and hopefully find them.
eIisTEA.jpg

Mercz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running cachegen.py saltysd\smash\ in CMD to fix load times returns -'cachegen.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.- any idea how to fix this i tried putting 'python' in front of it, no dice. Yes it is on the root of my SD, and yes SaltySD/smash/ are on my SD.
Any help would be much appreciated thank you. <3

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running cachegen.py saltysd\smash\ in CMD to fix load times returns -'cachegen.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.- any idea how to fix this i tried putting 'python' in front of it, no dice. Yes it is on the root of my SD, and yes SaltySD/smash/ are on my SD.
Any help would be much appreciated thank you. <3
cachegen is no longer needed, I'd suggest updating to SaltySD v1.0.

Reactions: Mercz

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Trying to change some stage textures, anyone know the cause of this? The texture changes from modified (pink) to the original when the camera is far enough away from the stage. I followed the custom textures guide that is in the FP, and injecting the textures into a fresh bch produced the same results.
6XAI7oY.jpg
Maybe this is mipmaps. I remember seeing somewhere a custom version of Ohana3DS that supports mipmaps.

Saix9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this work with custom character skin on smash-selector? I've tried downloading this and using it for my game:
http://modulous.net/mod/315/Custom Red, Black and White Falcon

When I try running it, nothing happens. No changed character or anything. Am I doing something wrong? All I'm doing is downloading the mod pack that I linked above, naming it smash7 (since I have other mods that coincidentally don't work except one), then running the game through smash-selector.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this work with custom character skin on smash-selector? I've tried downloading this and using it for my game:
http://modulous.net/mod/315/Custom Red, Black and White Falcon

When I try running it, nothing happens. No changed character or anything. Am I doing something wrong? All I'm doing is downloading the mod pack that I linked above, naming it smash7 (since I have other mods that coincidentally don't work except one), then running the game through smash-selector.
Do you have the files in the correct location? just dropping them into /smashx/ will most likely not work correctly. (path for figher models is /model/figher/name)

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shinyquagsire23 hmm I've noticed an occasionally rare sfx glitch which is still present in the unmount fix commit: Sometimes when you start a match, certain sfx's will be missing or be triggered a lot later than when it's called for. It'll be apparent throughout the match, but finishing/quiting the match and starting a new game fixes it (or atleast reloads what causes the rare glitch).
Edit: I am using some custom sfx banks for certain characters.

Last edited by Sachi,

Saix9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the files in the correct location? just dropping them into /smashx/ will most likely not work correctly. (path for figher models is /model/figher/name)

I'm sure I do have the files in the right location, the path is smash2/model/fighter/captain/body/c01/normal.bch (there's also a h01 folder next to c01 with another normal.bch in it)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I do have the files in the right location, the path is smash2/model/fighter/captain/body/c01/normal.bch (there's also a h01 folder next to c01 with another normal.bch in it)
is smash selector changing the name of one of the smashx folders to smash? also, are they in sd:/saltysd/smashx/... or sd:/smashx/...?

Saix9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is smash selector changing the name of one of the smashx folders to smash? also, are they in sd:/saltysd/smashx/... or sd:/smashx/...?

I think smash-selector changed smash1 to smash because I named it smash1 before starting smash-selector for the first time. The folders are in sd:/saltysd/smashx

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think smash-selector changed smash1 to smash because I named it smash1 before starting smash-selector for the first time. The folders are in sd:/saltysd/smashx
Try deleting select.txt, renaming all the folders, back to smashx and selecting one again, if it fails can you upload your smashx just containing the falcon mod? I want to see if the files might be corrupt or something

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shinyquagsire23 hmm I've noticed an occasionally rare sfx glitch which is still present in the unmount fix commit: Sometimes when you start a match, certain sfx's will be missing or be triggered a lot later than when it's called for. It'll be apparent throughout the match, but finishing/quiting the match and starting a new game fixes it (or atleast reloads what causes the rare glitch).
Edit: I am using some custom sfx banks for certain characters.
I've noticed some delay on certain assets as well, I think some speed adjustments are in order. Basically while the loading is still threaded, it can sometimes fall behind.

Saix9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting select.txt, renaming all the folders, back to smashx and selecting one again, if it fails can you upload your smashx just containing the falcon mod? I want to see if the files might be corrupt or something

What do you mean renaming all folders back to smashx, like renaming smash1 to something like smash4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy