ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really too good with these kinds of things.. So am I able to rearrange the CSS with this, or does it just delete the CSS? If I am able to rearrange the CSS, do you think you can help me a bit so I can get a brief udnerstanding on how to do that?
This allows you to completely change the css. This ranges from adding new character to moving CSS. As for helping you understand how to do it, it is still to be discovered how everything works.

Reactions: cimmanonroll

Manito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imported a model into the Magicant stage. MagicantTest.jpg

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to mess around with Mii Enemy brawler load this file, and select fox in the top left.

Attachments

• ui_character_db.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 201

First Deity ike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i was wondering, is there a way to use the models that doesn't have antialising. eh...how do i put it...well in smash 3ds the models have antialising. when you go to training mode and change the speed to 1/4 Hold (L) the models if the game change to a better model. is there a way to hack the game with hans and force the game to play with the hi polygon count models? i ask this cause the game will look better if someone actually do it. it will be cool and i think that the new 3ds is capable of running the high polygon models withouth any problems.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help reading the .idsp files

when i click the plugin link in the original post, it jsut takes me to the foobar2000 download page, not the actual plugin.

What do?

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i was wondering, is there a way to use the models that doesn't have antialising. eh...how do i put it...well in smash 3ds the models have antialising. when you go to training mode and change the speed to 1/4 Hold (L) the models if the game change to a better model. is there a way to hack the game with hans and force the game to play with the hi polygon count models? i ask this cause the game will look better if someone actually do it. it will be cool and i think that the new 3ds is capable of running the high polygon models withouth any problems.
Perhaps, you could try replacing the c0X models with h0X models? I don't know how well that'd work, or if it'd work at all, but by all means feel free to try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need help reading the .idsp files

when i click the plugin link in the original post, it jsut takes me to the foobar2000 download page, not the actual plugin.

What do?
The link is literally the download link, so basically when you click it the file downloads immediately and there's no other page to take you to besides their main page. But, here, if that link really isn't working for you just go here and scroll down to download.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps, you could try replacing the c0X models with h0X models? I don't know how well that'd work, or if it'd work at all, but by all means feel free to try.

The link is literally the download link, so basically when you click it the file downloads immediately and there's no other page to take you to besides their main page. But, here, if that link really isn't working for you just go here and scroll down to download.
okay, i installed the plugin from that new link you sent, thanks, but it still doesn't play the idsp files :/

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i installed the plugin from that new link you sent, thanks, but it still doesn't play the idsp files :/
So you installed Foobar2000, installed the plugin, and it didn't play the files?

What's it saying? If it says something along the lines of the file being corrupt, that's probably the IDSP file and not the program.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

upon startup, foobar says

Failed to load DLL: foo_input_vgmstream.dll
Reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google says you should install .NET 2.0 from Microsoft.
ill try that real quick
gimmie one sec

Google says you should install .NET 2.0 from Microsoft.
Failed to load DLL: foo_input_vgmstream.dll
Reason: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

same error :/

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try an older version of Foobar2000.
kk

installed, then started up with this:

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 94 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_converter.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with newer version of foobar2000 SDK, please download latest version of foobar2000 in order to use it.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_eq.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with newer version of foobar2000 SDK, please download latest version of foobar2000 in order to use it.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_std.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with newer version of foobar2000 SDK, please download latest version of foobar2000 in order to use it.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_fileops.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with newer version of foobar2000 SDK, please download latest version of foobar2000 in order to use it.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_freedb2.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with newer version of foobar2000 SDK, please download latest version of foobar2000 in order to use it.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_unpack.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with newer version of foobar2000 SDK, please download latest version of foobar2000 in order to use it.

jesus christ

i honestly habe no clue what's going on :\\

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can't even get decrypt9UI to open. And upon just editing links regular costume slot it just freezes on trying to load the stage. It loads for a long time and then just freezes on the loading icon screen.

Edit: NVM they weren't kidding when it said it can take a while. Apparently what seemed like a freeze was just a reaaaally long load screen.

Last edited by LoganK93,

ShadowLuigi~NG~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I guess I should address a few things here to clarify issues.

1) Make sure to get and use "cachegen.py" for every time you add a new file into the "saltysd\smash\" file path. In general loading is muh faster. Is it the natural game's speed? No, but faster than without the cachegen.

2) Replacing the low poly with high poly files crashes the game. Maybe it will work on a New 3DS? I have yet to go in depth with testing that.

*3) If anyone can let me know if replacing the voice and/or sound effects for Bowser's uptaunt and downtaunt works. I've tried multiple times and only the sidetaunt loads any sound changes.

4) You can replace certain characters with others. For the best effect, Marth x Lucina, Mario x Dr. Mario, Luigi x Mario, Fox x Falco (maybe), Lucas x Ness (maybe). No freezes, and looks the best. I've only tried the former. Lucin over Kamui only works in game. She crashes the game after you return from training or loading the result screen.

5) Rebirth will never be an editor/obj importer. It is soley a viewer/exporter.

6) I suggest looking at the animations in Rebirth to get a better sense of where to replace the voices for Appeals (Taunts) and Wins (Victory animations). Usually it's Appeal01 (up taunt) Appeal02 (side taunts) Appeal03 (down taunt). I personally believe the Wins format varies. Attack01 is usually the jab. Never tried changing it for someone without a sound for a jab.

Anyway, that's about it for now. As for current projects

Characters:

Brawl Falcon: Done

Modern DK: Nearly finished

Dark Bowser: Nearly finished

Dark Sheik: Done

DS Era Sonic: Done

Shiny Charizard: Done

A few more, but I'll show them later

VUWpZCI.jpg

WjRCeVz.jpg

PYUryZ0.jpg

Voices:

Jason Griffith Sonic: About 90%

Brawl Fox: About 50%

Melee Dr. Mario: About 45%

B.I.S Bowser: About 70%

Melee Ganon: About 60%

Brawl Falco: 0% XD

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swapped Wario with his warioman final smash. Works great! Has anyone tried swapping bowser with Giga bowser?
(Sorry about the bad quality I took it on my phone)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 419
Last edited by WarioTails358,

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my game keeps crashing :/
honestly, all i really did was replace the models for mewtwo with lucina and vice versa

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what files do you switch for model swap? is it just only nomral.bch and normal.mbn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44