ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm only able to get the sonic.EXE texture to work for me. Everything else doesn't seen to work for some reason, and when I run cachegen.py it gives me an error. What am I doing wrong? I'm running the command on the smash folder, and I have a cache.bin generated.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm only able to get the sonic.EXE texture to work for me. Everything else doesn't seen to work for some reason, and when I run cachegen.py it gives me an error. What am I doing wrong? I'm running the command on the smash folder, and I have a cache.bin generated.

Post the command prompt log so we have a better idea of whats wrong.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• 2016_02_20_IMG_5426.JPG
    2016_02_20_IMG_5426.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 203

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though you have to have cachegen on your computer and then enter your path to the saltysd/smash folder on your sd card? Or maybe the only reason my texture works is cause all the files/folders are named properly. Did you check to make sure other files you have are named correctly/have the right folder?

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though you have to have cachegen on your computer and then enter your path to the saltysd/smash folder on your sd card? Or maybe the only reason my texture works is cause all the files/folders are named properly. Did you check to make sure other files you have are named correctly/have the right folder?
I do. and I'm pretty sure all my files are named properly, but here's a pic of it just to make sure I have it named correctly.

edit: For some reason I can't upload it. The file size is too large.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just noticed that some of the fighters don't have normal.mbm and only normal.bch. How do I get the normal.mbm file?

Last edited by Damon_girl,

MrLuigix64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I followed the guide and Tried to replace mewtwo appeal01 to his Cry of the GB Games. I injected the idsp, but when I start a battle still playing the old taunt voice... is there another thing to do for the DLC characters?

Also... I dont understand how to put the music, is there a program to download music on nus3bank? or somewhere? I dont get it well...

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I followed the guide and Tried to replace mewtwo appeal01 to his Cry of the GB Games. I injected the idsp, but when I start a battle still playing the old taunt voice... is there another thing to do for the DLC characters?

Also... I dont understand how to put the music, is there a program to download music on nus3bank? or somewhere? I dont get it well...

I haven't looked into custom sounds/music yet, but did you run cachegen.py after everything was done?

MrLuigix64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't looked into custom sounds/music yet, but did you run cachegen.py after everything was done?
Yes, I generated the cache......well I did it Before placing the sound files...

Also... how I can download the textures posted by people in github, I was interested on the Green Sonic and Brawl C. Falcon... but I cant download anything

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I generated the cache......well I did it Before placing the sound files...

Also... how I can download the textures posted by people in github, I was interested on the Green Sonic and Brawl C. Falcon... but I cant download anything

There should be a button to download as a zip, but you need to generate the cache each time you change something in \SaltySD\...

Reactions: MrLuigix64

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

brawlcustommusic.com

Reactions: MrLuigix64

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I add custom music? Where does it go and can I use the bcstm format?
You can download them from brawlcustommusic as a .nus3bank file which is what smash wii u and 3ds for music format so you can't use .bcstm and the folder layout should be for saltysd: smash/sound/bgm then put your songs/victory themes in there. That folder later on is also used for voices/announcer calls (the sound folder)

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to open the CMD from the root of your sd card and the python script must also be at the root. In your screenshot, we see that you are in saltySD. This is probably why it is not working.

eggman12

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a problem. I followed the tutorial to replace sfx but when i drag and drop the wav file on the bat one, it only creates an empty bat file.
I put the wav file on the same folder but it does the same thing.
I searched a solution here but i couldn't find it.
Does anyone know what the problem could be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.hueyandweprin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/iStock-1073669440.jpg +1