Gaming SmackDown vs. RAW 2010

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get their hands on the Wii version of "WWE: SmackDown vs. RAW 2010"? Also, will you be holding on to your copy of SvR2009 for your online fix?

hrdkrtazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Has anyone been able to get their hands on the Wii version of "WWE: SmackDown vs. RAW 2010"? Also, will you be holding on to your copy of SvR2009 for your online fix?

Wow did they even make a 2010 smackdown vs raw yet?I just got my hands on 2009 like yesterday haha..Decent game..Im slacking

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hrdkrtazz said:
LightyKD said:

Wow did they even make a 2010 smackdown vs raw yet?I just got my hands on 2009 like yesterday haha..Decent game..Im slacking

SvR 2009 for the Wii was IMO a perfect game, it only needed a run button which could have been mapped to one of the d-pad buttons. SvR 2010's remote/nunchuck controls are looking like crap. You can also use the Cube and Classic controllers but I hope they at least kept in the play option from last years game. BTW, no online in this year's game. WTF?! What's so damn hard about sticking the damn game on a DVD-9 and adding a small multiplayer online mode?!?!

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna be picking up SvR2010 this afternoon.

I liked SvR2009, but it was lacking a lot of stuff. Thank God the new version is the same as the HD versions, except the graphics, and some other limitations.

Best part? We can make our own storylines this year.

Can't wait to have Kane come back as a true monster, and lay waste to everyone around him. Have him and Taker feud for a bit, only to have Taker join up with Kane, and dominate both brands, with no one able to stop them.

The storyline, of course, will end with the power-hungry Kane and Taker trying to outdo each other, leading to a Wrestlemania match, where Taker finishes up Kane, and unifies both belts.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loony747 said:

I liked SvR2009, but it was lacking a lot of stuff. Thank God the new version is the same as the HD versions, except the graphics, and some other limitations.

Can't wait to have Kane come back as a true monster, and lay waste to everyone around him. Have him and Taker feud for a bit, only to have Taker join up with Kane, and dominate both brands, with no one able to stop them.

The storyline, of course, will end with the power-hungry Kane and Taker trying to outdo each other, leading to a Wrestlemania match, where Taker finishes up Kane, and unifies both belts.

...Make out own storylines... WITHOUT ANY USB KEYBOARD SUPPORT!!! *cries* I can believe this s*it!!! Why is it so damn hard for third parties to ask Nintendo for the f*cking USB keyboard coding?!?! EA kills me with that crap too... at least THQ has the decency to NOT put of the traditional Wii onscreen keyboard when you have to type something. Every time that OS keyboard pops up I automatically go to grab my USB keyboard only to find out each time that it doesnt work
tongue.gif
. This and the lack of DVD-9 support really pulls at my annoyance strings!!!

Aside from that, the controls aren't too bad this year. I'll be playing with my GameCube controllers. I think it would be unfair for me to play with the remote/nunchuck combo and for my Girlfirend to play with another controller setup when we can both use the same controller b/c I have 3 Cube controllers. The graphics can really use some work... I HATE the fact that some of the still pictures are so damn blurry. I know that the wii isnt supposed to be the awesomeness on a HDTV but DAMN! it shouldn't look so damn horrid on my 19" either. yes ppl can say if you want graphics get the HD versions but i'm a graphics whore "within limits". In other words the only time graphics matter to me os when you are or are not pushing them within the limits of the hardware and for a 3rd year, we have received a SmackDown vs RAW game that pales in comparison to what the Wii can really do.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
loony747 said:

...Make out own storylines... WITHOUT ANY USB KEYBOARD SUPPORT!!! *cries* I can believe this s*it!!! Why is it so damn hard for third parties to ask Nintendo for the f*cking USB keyboard coding?!?! EA kills me with that crap too... at least THQ has the decency to NOT put of the traditional Wii onscreen keyboard when you have to type something. Every time that OS keyboard pops up I automatically go to grab my USB keyboard only to find out each time that it doesnt work
tongue.gif

Aside from that, the controls aren't too bad this year. I'll be playing with my GameCube controllers. I think it would be unfair for me to play with the remote/nunchuck combo and for my Girlfirend to play with another controller setup when we can both use the same controller b/c I have 3 Cube controllers. The graphics can really use some work... I HATE the fact that some of the still pictures are so damn blurry. I know that the wii isnt supposed to be the awesomeness on a HDTV but DAMN! it shouldn't look so damn horrid on my 19" either. yes ppl can say if you want graphics get the HD versions but i'm a graphics whore "within limits". In other words the only time graphics matter to me os when you are or are not pushing them within the limits of the hardware and for a 3rd year, we have received a SmackDown vs RAW game that pales in comparison to what the Wii can really do.

Yes, I almost cried since it had no USB support. It took me nearly 30 minutes to type out the first night of my Kane storyline. Does the HD version have Keyboard support? If so, I'll be buying the PS3 version when it drop price.

Until then, I'll enjoy the Wii version.

Outside a few annoyances, the game is pretty fun. Belt Scrabble is a blast with for friends. My only annoyance with the controller is that the 'Z' button is the most used button in the game, specially for grapplers. I guess the lack of Stone Cold is a bit sad as well. Lack of Wi-Fi can be vital to some, but I don't care much for the Wii's horrible online set-up.

Basically, at least judging from the Wii version, this is the best Smackdown so far, rivaling HCtP. I hope THQ keeps a lot of the stuff they introduced in this one, and build onto the Story Creator Mode.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loony747 said:
LightyKD said:
loony747 said:

tongue.gif

Yes, I almost cried since it had no USB support. It took me nearly 30 minutes to type out the first night of my Kane storyline. Does the HD version have Keyboard support? If so, I'll be buying the PS3 version when it drop price.

Until then, I'll enjoy the Wii version.

Outside a few annoyances, the game is pretty fun. Belt Scrabble is a blast with for friends. My only annoyance with the controller is that the 'Z' button is the most used button in the game, specially for grapplers. I guess the lack of Stone Cold is a bit sad as well. Lack of Wi-Fi can be vital to some, but I don't care much for the Wii's horrible online set-up.

Basically, at least judging from the Wii version, this is the best Smackdown so far, rivaling HCtP. I hope THQ keeps a lot of the stuff they introduced in this one, and build onto the Story Creator Mode.

Online for SvR 2009 wasn't that bad. The setup was good it was the lag that killed it. That's not to say that I didn't have days where my matches were lag-less because I did. I haven't had much an issue with the Z button but having to reach for my C-stick for grapples does make me wish for a DoR type control. Why can THQ be like high voltage and give us options?! Like I LOVED last years controls! If they want to give us a perfect wrestler, they should have had this years controls, the controls from last year and the Day of Reckoning controls and everything would be perfect.

As for "Create a Story", THQ should go the route of "NFL Head Coach" and make next years version a separate disc. That way there wont be much in the way of limitations and they can add more features. This year's game is cool and Ive been working on my created wrestlers all yesterday. Also. Here are some tidbits about the "Create a Story" mode...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- You can save 2 created stories on your save file.

- There is no limit with how many times you can use your CAWs

- A BIG one! Multiple people can play in a created story.

- No diva vs superstar matches so if you're like me and you have a Diva gunnin' for one of your main titles in your created fed, prepare to use inter-gender tag matches as your loophole.

- You can do multiple matches and scenes per show and then watch it all like a real episode
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if you REALLY want to stretch your create a story so that 6 people can use it, check this out...

There are 2 create a story files per save file in each create a story you are given a calender and in each week there's a RAW, ECW and SmackDown spot. Obviously YOUR story will only be on one brand unless you decide to do a cross brand war. That means that someone else can take over the other one or two shows. Essentially the story mode can be shared by 3 people and played with 4 people. The only issue is that you all are going to have to limit your scenes. Remember you only have 55 segments so that's 18 per month for each show which means you can only have 4 promos per show each week. You might have a show that looks like this.

>> opening
- match
>> Promo
- match
>> promo
- match
>> ending Promo

Basically this is the current format for ECW anyway so its not like nothing can be done AND you can alternate your feuds if you happen to have more than 3. The only issue is when you get to your PPV, you'll be out of scenes. but you'll still have matches and scenarios to use. Now many of you will want to continue after the first month. Just wipe the month clean and start over but when you do that, continue your stories. Who said that just because you wipe the calendar clean that you have to really start over again?

There you have it.. you can essentially have 6 create a story modes...
biggrin.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controls for Smackdwn Vs Raw 2010

Wii Remote and Nunchuck Style

- Move
Control Stick

- Taunt
D-Pad

- Strike
(A)

- Quick Grapple. Attack Reversal. Defensive Stance (While Grounded). Mounted Punching (Hold).

- Change Targets (Manual Targeting Only)
(-)

- Pause Menu
(+)

- Cancel Pin Attempt. Release Strong Grapple. Change Position of Opponent.
Â

- Pick Up Object. Enter/Exit Ring. Remove Turnbuckle Cover.
[Z]

- Strong Grapple. Finishing Move
(A)+

- Pin
Control Stick "down" +

- Run
 + Control Stick

- Irish Whip (Next to Standing Opponent). Lift Grounded Opponent.
 + [Z]

- Drag Grounded Opponent
 + [Z] + Control stick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GameCube Controller Style

- Move
Control Stick

- Taunt
D-Pad

- Strike
(B)

- Quick Grapple.
"Â Stick" Any direction

- Attack Reversal. Defensive Stance (While Grounded). Mounted Punching (Hold).
{R}

[Z]

- Pause Menu
(Start/Pause)

{R}

(B)

[Z] + "Â Stick"

- Pin
"Â Stick" down

- Run
{L} + Control Stick

[X]

- Drag Grounded Opponent
Hold [X] + Control stick
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Controller Style

NOTE: I'll fill this in when I font out the Classic controller controls...

- Move

- Taunt

- Strike

- Quick Grapple.

- Attack Reversal. Defensive Stance (While Grounded). Mounted Punching (Hold).

- Pause Menu

- Pin

- Run

- Drag Grounded Opponent

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just curious but is this anything like Day of Reckoning 2 for the gamecube. That was my favourite wrestling game ever and I am hoping thta the GC controller feels the same way.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly it's anything BUT DoR2 controls but it's not bad either. Everything actually feels pretty good once your mind gets used to pressing (A) for strikes instead of (B). The only thing that is horrid is the targeting system which should have just been mapped to [R] and have [L] be a Reverse/Run button

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eh. I will give it a shot and if I dont like it, I will go back and play DoR2 again. I reckon that even through it is over 5 years old, it is still the best since No Mercy.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Eh. I will give it a shot and if I dont like it, I will go back and play DoR2 again. I reckon that even through it is over 5 years old, it is still the best since No Mercy.

You got that right! Honestly, this game has that "No Mercy" feel features wise. If they added the DoR2 controls and looks, this game would be perfect. What they should have done was this

Classic Controller
Style A - SvR2010
Style B - SvR2010
Style C -User Created

GameCube Controller
Style A - SvR2010
Style B - SvR2010
Style C - DoR2
Style D - User Created

Wii Remote/Nunchuck
Style A - SvR2010
Style C - User Created
Style B - SvR2009 (I know some people didn't like it but to me this was the best wrestling controller setup for the Wii Remote. All they needed to do was map pause to one button, (+), map target switching to (-), map run to "down" on the D-Pad and "grabbing" someone for lifting or dragging could be mapped to another D-Pad button)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, check out the first part of my "Jeff Hardy's Revenge" story. Tell me what you think. Input is always fun. BTW I know there is a slight spelling error during C.M. Punk's promo
tongue.gif
By the time I realized that during the video editing process, it was too late.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys anyone know anything about texture hacking for this game??

Theres an ocarina cheat to delete the underwear layer!!!!!

The divas have boobs but they have NO NIPPLES!
laugh.gif

I know im just a perv!! But if im gonna have a nude diva, i want her to have nipples.
wink2.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a ocarina code to allow Divas to wrestle against men. I could really use that code for my e-fed.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. This is great! Now I can really work on my e-fed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1