Hacking Slow Start-Up on DSL After Update?

isaac k

Pokemon is stupid. (not really)
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, I'm new to GBATEMP, I just made an account.
I've been lurking around your forums for quite awhile, and am impressed with the knowledge within this community.
Today, I for some reason, decided to update my Acekard 2i, which was running fine on DSL to 1.4.4 for 3DS.
I was running AKAIO 1.9.0 on my DSL
I ran the upgrade from DSL file, the one you can download from http://www.acekard.com/ and followed the instructions in the readme.txt
The new icon is some tennis game
Whenever I start it up on my DSL, there's a black screen for around 30 seconds, and then the "Loading" on the bottom appears, and then everything starts as normal.
Can anyone help me out on this?
Additionally, I remember when I first got my cart, I remember downloading something off acekard.com that allowed me to downgrade to my DSL, or something of that sort. I can't find that...

BTW, I know it's a legitimate card, purchased from peachds.com, and checked the sticker on acekard.com
Thanks guys,
Isaac
So I guess what I'm looking for is the
"Atama de Do! Koten Kotenko DORASU (3DS v1.0.0-0" bootloader. Hopefully someone could upload it and drop a link in the thread. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
isaac

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the latest bootloader update will increase the initial "loading" time by more than a few seconds. its the nature of the exploit. if you are using a ds lite then there is no reason to update the bootloader, as the ds lite does not have an updatable firmware. my advice would be to downgrade (just flash an older bootloader) and get back to one that works a bit quicker.

-another world

Reactions: isaac k

isaac k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the latest bootloader update will increase the initial "loading" time by more than a few seconds. its the nature of the exploit. if you are using a ds lite then there is no reason to update the bootloader, as the ds lite does not have an updatable firmware. my advice would be to downgrade (just flash an older bootloader) and get back to one that works a bit quicker.

-another world
That's exactly what I was looking for!
Where could I find this older bootloader, and which one would you recommend? Preferably the one I had...
But I don't know what that was...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you'll need to ask for someone to upload an older one for you. acekard does not archive them. we also never archived them on filetrip because they contain actual rom data.

i would recommend one of the early ones. check the wiki article for more information.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

-another world

isaac k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

isaac k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you'll need to ask for someone to upload an older one for you. acekard does not archive them. we also never archived them on filetrip because they contain actual rom data.

i would recommend one of the early ones. check the wiki article for more information.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

-another world
Also, one last question. If I got a 3DS, would the "Pippa Funnell (3DS 4.3.0-10)" bootstrap (the latest one) run normally without the black screen?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekard does not currently have an update for 4.4.0-10. so if your 3ds comes updated to that point, then no. also if you go online, browse the e-shop, etc, you will be asked to update. if you put back on the latest bootloader you are going to have to deal with the slow loading speed again.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit