Hacking Slow loading home icons after cfw?

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol I'm so confused. Anyway to get everything back to what it was before I did all this then I can start again? I started on 4.5fw and I do have a back up I believe as I followed the steps in the github guide.

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no reason to, either reinject FBI or follow the steps I suggested. It'll be less of a headache than starting from scratch (as you'll have to reinject FBI then anyway).

Ok i've injected fbi with bannerapp again so fbi loads and has the correct icon. But I don't have a health and safety icon.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok i've injected fbi with bannerapp again so fbi loads and has the correct icon. But I don't have a health and safety icon.
That's because your health and safety app is now FBI, it replaced the icon. Why do you want the health and safety icon? If you really want it, I can help you get it back, but :P

Reactions: gnmmarechal

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well everything is kinda fucked now lol
FBI shows the FBI icon but actually loads into health and safety. I'm missing a health and safety icon altogether.
It's still slow and laggy loading the icons.

Is there a easy step to just get back to the 4.5 firmware I was on before I installed cfw and updated and get everything back to 100% stock? Then I can go through all steps again and take my time with it.
quick question, are you using emunand or sysnand ? if you are using emunand, then it's normal that your home menu is slow.

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question, are you using emunand or sysnand ? if you are using emunand, then it's normal that your home menu is slow.

I don't know I just followed the guide on the github.
That's because your health and safety app is now FBI, it replaced the icon. Why do you want the health and safety icon? If you really want it, I can help you get it back, but :P

I don't really want it but when I first completed the github guide I thought I had it with the correct icon working aswell as fbi.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really want it but when I first completed the github guide I thought I had it with the correct icon working aswell as fbi.

If you followed Plailect's guide, he has you back up your H&S app, then reinject it at the end when you don't need it replaced anymore. If you backed up your H&S, you can do that. Just inject the backup instead of FBI. If you don't have a backup, I'm not certain on what to do but I bet astronautlevel does.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you followed Plailect's guide, he has you back up your H&S app, then reinject it at the end when you don't need it replaced anymore. If you backed up your H&S, you can do that. Just inject the backup instead of FBI. If you don't have a backup, I'm not certain on what to do but I bet astronautlevel does.
simply install the proper FBI cia and then uninstall H&S according to it's title ID then install the H&S application back by scanning it's ticket's QR code in the new FBI, i guess if need be, i could gather those informations (the title ID and the QR code)

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah I think I have it backed up. I have a folder called 9files with a hs.app file in it that was backed up after everything was completely so should i just inject that?

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I think I have it backed up. I have a folder called 9files with a hs.app file in it that was backed up after everything was completely so should i just inject that?

That's what I did :). I had to move it to the root of the sdcard for it to find it though.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
do it after you have installed the actuall FBI.cia from within the injected one, otherwise you'd simply lose your time

Reactions: LongTimeLurker
D

Deleted-379826

Yep. No harm done if it's not anyway

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do it after you have installed the actuall FBI.cia from within the injected one, otherwise you'd simply lose your time

I see what you mean I'll give that a go now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LOL ok now I have an fbi Icon that boots into health and safety and a fbi icon that boots into actual fbi ( I got that one by installing the fbi.cia while in the injected version).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm guessing the next step would be somehow delete the fbi that boots into health and safety and replace it with a stock version that has the icon of health and safety too.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the next step would be somehow delete the fbi that boots into health and safety and replace it with a stock version that has the icon of health and safety too.
Delete the health and safety app, reboot, then perform a system update. That should fix it.

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, I'm happy to help out. Glad it's working for you :)

Much appreciated. My brain still wants me to restore to my 4.5fw nand, go back to complete stock, do a system format, format my new sd card and then install cfw and a9lh all over again though lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou