Hacking Slow loading home icons after cfw?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you are using Emunand I seen cases of System being VERY slow in general with original 3DS XL. Had a case where I used apparently very slow 16 gig card on a 3DS with emunand. Since A9LH and guides to install it end up not using emunand, then it is the card.

This is weird if it was fine before but now is not. Reformatting the card might help though. Since you had to have emunand on the card during your process it might be funkying it up. Otherwise it is most likely the card and you just now having more there than you used to. In my experience normal format (Not specifically 64k cluster) class 10 64gig XDHC has been very fine. SOMETIMES the system will just take extra time indexing the home menu, this is random (sometimes few of my titles are not there for few moments, these are somewhat normal all things considered)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Much appreciated. My brain still wants me to restore to my 4.5fw nand, go back to complete stock, do a system format, format my new sd card and then install cfw and a9lh all over again though lol
No point, it wouldn't solve your issue.
I suggest just formatting your card with 32 or 64KB cluster size. Windows can do it, but only if your card is 32GB or smaller, otherwise you'll need a tool like Minitool Partition Wizard or GUI Format, two popular tools that a lot of people on this forum use. You'll get faster load times at the expense of more space used on the SD card. Since each file will take up a multiple of the cluster size, a 1 byte file will actually take up 32 or 64 KB of space, but for larger files you won't notice the difference. For 3DS stuff that doesn't matter so much, since each game only has a few files.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No point, it wouldn't solve your issue.
I suggest just formatting your card with 32 or 64KB cluster size. Windows can do it, but only if your card is 32GB or smaller, otherwise you'll need a tool like Minitool Partition Wizard or GUI Format, two popular tools that a lot of people on this forum use. You'll get faster load times at the expense of more space used on the SD card. Since each file will take up a multiple of the cluster size, a 1 byte file will actually take up 32 or 64 KB of space, but for larger files you won't notice the difference. For 3DS stuff that doesn't matter so much, since each game only has a few files.

Well believe it or not it fixed it.

I restored to my 4.5 fw nand, did a system format and formatted the sd card to 32k. Followed the cfw github guide very carefully and only left the things needed on the sd. Everything seems to be running smoothly now. No idea what caused it the first time around installing.

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c