ROM Hack SLOW FBI install speeds

thepieddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm going through this, trying to find a solution too. I have a similar card, a Sandisk 128GB bought from a major chain store, multiple tests indicating it's good. Speeds are even fairly consistent when running tests. Yet FBI, after a little while, consistently, will go from a reasonable 1.5 MiB/s to around 250 KiB/s or so. The only difference for me is the network connection, but I have the same problem on a local install of a CIA.

The funny thing is: this is consistently a problem across all MicroSDs of many different sizes I've used on all 3DSes I've used, and it seems like it happens after a similar amount of time installing CIAs, every time. A reboot fixes this issue, but it's a bit annoying to have to reboot each time. And this has only been a problem recently to my memory. Installation used to be fairly consistent with similarly consistent speeds, so I'm beginning to think that this is either an issue with FBI, or a limitation of MicroSD cards in general. This means that I somehow doubt OP's problem is related to their MicroSD. I wish that there was an alternative way of installing CIAs so this could be tested properly, but unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, there's no current alternative. Unless somebody knows of one?

whitecliff90

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I am having the same issue. Have 64gb SanDisk ultra class 10 and the installation tanks halfway thru. Happens alot on files bigger than 500MB.

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Mmmh I have a Sandisk Ultra C10 64gb, it's maximum (so far) write speed when installing .cias via FBI is 1.36MiB/s. It's that normal or...?

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some very good information on this thread, I approve.

I got my New 3DS XL (Nintendo refurbished) about a month ago alongside a SanDisk Ultra 128GB (from legit retailer) and test passed with H2testw (a practice I've been doing for over 10 years).

I then formatted the card to Fat32 + 64KB with MiniTool and everything seems to running fine (no problems so far and I'm aware the 3DS cannot make use of the card's full speed potential).

I can use the information on this thread for my Switch's 512GB cards (Samsung EVO Plus and SanDisk Extreme) since one card seems to significantly faster when installing nsp files via TinFoil but it shouldn't because even the Switch cannot make use of both card's full speed potential.

Last edited by Nemix77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc