Extremely slow SD Card Speeds

Chillaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, i recently picked up my Nintendo Switch after 1 month or so, and i noticed that the SD Card speed is extremely slow.
I did an emuMMC backup from Hekate and it was going at ~3,4 mb/s, and games start extremely slow.
I thought the SD Card was dying (even tho i didn`t use it alot and it's only 4 months old), but now im doing a full backup from NxNandManager and it's going at 18 mb/s.
Is the SD Connector faulty?
Note: i bought the Switch used in June, and i replaced the SD Card Reader straight away, and it worked with no problems. How could this happen if it is in fact, the sd card reader? I never dropped the switch and i rarely ejected the SD Card.

Chillaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it is in 1 bit mode, hekate would tell you, other thing you can try is a better SD Card.
I'm thinking of formatting the SD Card, doing tests on it and then restoring the NAND backup if the tests are okay. If they aren't i suppose it's the sd card... which is weird since its a kingston and i think it should last more than 4 months. Do you suggest any specific formatting tool and sd card speed test tool?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of formatting the SD Card, doing tests on it and then restoring the NAND backup if the tests are okay. If they aren't i suppose it's the sd card... which is weird since its a kingston and i think it should last more than 4 months. Do you suggest any specific formatting tool and sd card speed test tool?

If you want you can do a h2testw test on the card with the card being empty it will tell you if the card is bootleg or not. Normally you want to test the card before using. Backup your emunand game save before proceeding as you will be wiping the card clean and empty to test the whole card.

Chillaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you want you can do a h2testw test on the card with the card being empty it will tell you if the card is bootleg or not. Normally you want to test the card before using. Backup your emunand game save before proceeding as you will be wiping the card clean and empty to test the whole card.
Another question, sorry to bother. What if i want a fresh start, no games, no saves etc.. Do i need to restore the emunand backup and the sd card content or just format the sd card and follow the switch guide again? If it's possible i would like to redo the whole thing as if i was hacking it for the first time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question, sorry to bother. What if i want a fresh start, no games, no saves etc.. Do i need to restore the emunand backup and the sd card content or just format the sd card and follow the switch guide again? If it's possible i would like to redo the whole thing as if i was hacking it for the first time.

You can do fresh setup if you don't care about the data on the sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1