Slot 2 Card

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Dark Dragon 64, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008

Slot 2 Card by Dark Dragon 64 at 8:29 PM (1,175 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Dark Dragon 64
    OP

Newcomer Dark Dragon 64 Newbie

United States
    Hi, what would you recommend as the best Slot 2 card on the market at the moment? I have a Slot 1 Supercard and want to know what the best Slot 2 card out there is. I'm mainly looking to play GBA Games, not the rumble function. Thanks

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you want an expansion pack to go with your SCDS, go with either the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack or the E-win expansion pack. If you want a standalone slot-2 device with its own media card, look into the M3 Perfect and EZ-Flash IV

3. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
  4. DanTheManMS

United States
    If you use GBA ExpLoader to manage the 3in1 you won't need GBATA since it will automatically patch the games for you upon loading.

5. Searinox

Romania
    I've had issues with ExpLoader's patching. It worked well but on several roms I would just get the Nintendo logo and then a white screen so I had to patch them with GBATA. So ever since I've been patching them on the comp.

6. Dark Dragon 64
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably go for theEZ-V 3in1 as it's not much more and I'll have the option of browsing the internet and the extra RAM should I need it. I have a DS Lite by the way.

One more question, will I need to 'flash' my DS? I looked at the EZ IV review and it mentioned it there, but I couldn't find the review for the 3 in 1. Could someone link me to it please? It'll help me set it up when I get it. Thanks

7. DanTheManMS

United States
    You won't need to flash your DS unless you want to get rid of the health and safety warning screen. It's not required at least.

8. Searinox

Romania
    For your future referrence, flashing the DS or buying a PassMe is only needed for GBA flashcarts that run NDS games. The EZflash 3in1 is purely a GBA game cart, doesn't run anything NDS and therefor won't need flash/passme.

9. Dark Dragon 64
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies guys. So from what I've gathered, I'll just need to buy the EZ 3-in-1, load up my Slot 1 micro SD with GBA ROMs (after putting them through GBATA) and then it should all run fine? Or will I need to do something to the EZ 3-in-1 as well? Thanks again for your help

10. Searinox

Romania
    No, all you need is to buy the 3in1, download GBATA(note some ROMs DO save to SRAM natively and their patch option will thus be grayed out, you don't need to do anything to those) and download ExpLoader and put it on your memory.