J8son

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting conflicting reports...

What is the most compatible Slot 1 SNES emulator available? Also, do the roms have to be in a certain spot? I have tried loading roms in a couple SNES emulators but they don't appear in the list.

Thanks!

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
also if u have the extra memory pack that you get with the Nintendo Browser you can use it with SNEmulDS to get more ram = less lagg

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link0518 said:
also if u have the extra memory pack that you get with the Nintendo Browser you can use it with SNEmulDS to get more ram = less lagg
If you have a slot-2 Supercard, it can also be used for the same purpose.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link0518 said:
It will only matter on games over 3MB, and those are uncommon. And it doesn't really reduce "lag" persay. In the DKC games, having no ram expansion can create extremely small amounts of skipping every couple of second. The screen will pause slightly for a microsecond. It's barely noticeable and not really worth the extra expansion if you intend to use the ram only for the emulator. Other than that, it will NOT reduce framerate or slowdowns at all. And 4MB games still load perfectly in the emulator. There's really not much use in having the thing. I used to have my 3-in-1 in my DS at all times and used it for extra memory. The card broke though and i got rid of it, only to find almost no difference in gameplay.

And @TC-

SNES emulation on DS is not really good at all. If you want decent handheld SNES, try PSP. Or maybe the Dingoo. Or you could get a netbook, nothing can beat PC SNES emulation. SNES on DS just was never matured enough to be truly competent IMO. Sure games are playable, some are enjoyable, but the constant graphical glitches in ALL games and having to fiddle with background settings to get them to work really kills the mood.

If you MUST have SNES on DS, i'd recommend waiting for the Supercard DSTWO and see how its own SNES emulator functions. It is receiving a brand new one developed using the impressive specs inside the new card (DSTWO will have extra internal memory and around 400mhz CPU speed, making it faster than the DS in clock speed). We don't know how well the SNES emulator will function yet, but it's almost guaranteed to be far better than the current emulators.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huh. I was under the distinct impression that it was designed to utilize the (mildly) improved guts of the DSi, as well as improve it--which is why it's the only slot-1 device that can handle gba emulation...

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, the iplayer has its own cpu. In fact the iplayer is more powerful than the DS (From what I understand). Anyway it wouldn't be able to utilise the DSi spec due to the thing not being hacked.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow, I was pretty much backwards on my impression of the card.

Hell, I thought it was designed partly because you couldn't use slot-2 ram boosters on the DSi in the first place.

Chalk another one up for my potential title of "Perpetual Noob"

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
emigre said:
No, the iplayer has its own cpu. In fact the iplayer is more powerful than the DS (From what I understand). Anyway it wouldn't be able to utilise the DSi spec due to the thing not being hacked.
Just about to point this out; all flashcarts run in DS mode at the moment, so there's nothing DSi flashcarts won't manage on older DS systems. Once DSi mode is hacked though, maybe the iPlayer processor can combine and use the 16MB of DSi RAM too, although I'm hoping a Dsi hack will lead to custom firmware of some sort.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was designed to play media (AVI, MP4 and more). THe GBA emulator came later, its not officialy endorsed by the iplayer team. Even without the GBA emulator its an impressive piece of kit.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPlayer is very powerful in terms of raw CPU speed, so much that it doesn't NEED the DSi's extra specs, it outperforms both DS and DSi. It has a 400mhz internal CPU, which works on top of the DS' 67mhz main processor. It's also said to have a secondary ARM CPU with around 200mhz extra according to specs. And it has like 32MB of extra memory.

And yeah, it works on both DS and DSi. And no benefit comes from playing it on a DSi over a DS, it is locked at DS speed. You'll see no performance difference. You could say that the iPlayer was created in response to the lack of DSi hacking, to supplement the inability of being able to tap DSi's CPU and memory. That's really all the DSi is anyways- an overclocked DS with more memory. iPlayer steps that up a notch.

And there is some speculation that the guy who made the iPlayer GBA emulator is in fact working for Supercard team. He managed to get an iPlayer development kit from "someone" according to him. No one has the devkit but him either. And now there's news that the DSTWO will be getting a GBA emulator of its own (it shares the same specs as iPlayer and iPlayer was made by Supercard anyways). If he wasn't a direct employee of Supercard, i'd guess he is now and is now developing DSTWO's GBA emulator (which i speculate to be a simply updated and improved version of iPlayer's version). Still, i think he was working with Supercard from the beginning, when they were still using iPlayer as a kind of "DSTWO public prototype".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.